Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how close to ascension was the other destiny crew( novus)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how close to ascension was the other destiny crew( novus)?

If the crew of the destiny started a society two thousand years ago ( common descent) how come they.seemed so much more advanced than earth?. I know they had the knowledgeof destiny but still they seemed pretty advanced from what we could tell so I ask you how close to ascension do you think the novans could have been
    Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

It the Ancients millions of years to learn how to ascend. Two thousand years is impressive but they still had a long way to go
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      It the Ancients millions of years to learn how to ascend. Two thousand years is impressive but they still had a long way to go
      but we essentially had the ancients info on ascension via atlantis database and whatever we could get, if any from the destiny database, i say if any as im pretty sure the ancients that sent out destiny were alterans,,or were thet has that ever been established? i guess my point is with that knowledge at our disposal they would have had a pretty descent headstart..and was it definetly only two thousand years they were sent back in time?

Comment

Ascension is a biological process. All the notes in the world aren't going to make us evolve any faster. In addition those notes would be all but lost considering the Novans started their society
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
          If the crew of the destiny started a society two thousand years ago ( common descent) how come they.seemed so much more advanced than earth?. I know they had the knowledgeof destiny but still they seemed pretty advanced from what we could tell so I ask you how close to ascension do you think the novans could have been
          Is the question flawed - since it really means "how come they seemed so much more advanced than Earth will be in 2000 years time". Okay, they were dropped back to the stone age, but with digital age knowledge. They would need to recreate huge, huge swathes of practical working knowledge of each subject but they knew the theory, thus cutting most of the innovation.

Comment

Yes how could they build a machine to evolve themselves then they could have ascended but what they were doing in terms of technology was like trying to build a tv without any knowledge of electricity.
            sigpic

Comment

Ascension is a biological process. All the notes in the world aren't going to make us evolve any faster. In addition those notes would be all but lost considering the Novans started their society
              *cough* Tao of Rodney *cough*
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                . LOL cheers for the not so subtle hint

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                  That machine proves my point. It evolves you at a fast rate. But it still require evolution. We don't have the capability to reverse engineer Ancient technolgy so their is no way the Novans could either
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Also consider that some of the Novans where afraid of Rush when they met him, as if he were a devil or mythical creature. If they haven't advanced past simple superstitions, ascension is certainly a long way off.
                    sigpic

Comment

I asked this once before and yes they should have been able to ascend in sg1 they give the idea that our generation of humans aren't that to far off, some one answered my question saying probably because of gene issues with such a limited pool of people it would set the humans back plus they would have to adapt to a whole new environment so evolution path could be different

Comment

Interesting observation.. Perhaps genetically they wee still far off, but who knows how far off ethically or mentally they might have been.

Comment

Plus "not far off " in Universe time could range from anything from a few generations to millenia,no?
                          O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
                          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                          O'Neill: Like what?
                          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Interesting observation.. Perhaps genetically they wee still far off, but who knows how far off ethically or mentally they might have been.
                            Ethics doesnt come into it, i mean look at the ori they have to be the most ethically challenged race in the world.
                            sigpic

Comment

That machine proves my point. It evolves you at a fast rate. But it still require evolution. We don't have the capability to reverse engineer Ancient technolgy so their is no way the Novans could either
                              did we not reverse enginer merlins mantle in unending, eventually. at the least carter was attempting to and did not seem that concerned about being able to do so, only that it would be hard and take time.

Comment

Working...
                              X