SGU re-watch? November and December!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    How can you ever trust a person who marooned you on a spaceship. With the exception of the Divided scenario I never really say Chloe on "Rush's" side. She seemed pretty angry how Rush used her in S2
    I was specifically thinking of the last episode and the conversation Chloe and Rush have about diverging from Destiny's "chosen" path (and possibly missing important aspects of "the mission") - I think it is Chloe that makes Rush go along with things. And the way they talk is a million miles from how Rush and Young tend to talk. Also, the scenes in the mess (when Chloe and Rush both can't sleep). They definitely share a bond after the abduction.
    Last edited by carmencatalina; 06 December 2012, 08:22 PM.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      How can you ever trust a person who marooned you on a spaceship.
      He marooned everybody, but some people are able to deal with him effectively (TJ, Eli, Chloe) - Young keeps getting stuck by emotion, rather than focusing on the task in front of him, when Rush is in the picture. I think the contrast of how TJ deals with him in "Water" versus how Young interacts with him is a great one - I wouldn't say TJ trusts Rush more than Young, but she is able to deal with him. Rush often has reasonable things to say, and often has important things to say - letting his anger at Rush cloud his ability to deal with that is (I think) one of Young's biggest weaknesses.

That said - I love Young, and I love Young and Rush - their dynamic is one of the things I like best about the show.
      sigpic

Comment

Rush doesn't undermine TJ or Eli like he does with Young. Its an apples to oranges comparasion.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree - I think a lot of the great dramatic interaction between Young and Rush had to do with how their personalities bring out the worst in each other. Young could have dealt with Rush very differently than he did, but he would have had to have been a different type of person to do so (and we would have missed out on all the fun!).
          sigpic

Comment

I never claimed that I did not like the Rush and Young conflict. A lot of what Rush gets I think he deserves because of his selfish actions
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm on the back half of the season now and I have to admit that this is some of the best stargate I have ever seen and I have seen just about every episode of stargate.
              When Young makes an effort to get along with Rush, that is when I think we finally have a mission and something that everyone can work towards. It is such a shame that we did not get to see more.

Comment

World's slowest re-watcher checking in again - still on season 1! Watched "Earth" last night, and this time I really focused on some of the smaller details I missed before.

Some thoughts:

(1) How much fun is Carlyle having playing the world's most petulant scientist? All of Rush's interactions with Telford and the IOA scientists (I think of them as "Hipster Scientist" and "Quiet Lady Scientist") are just perfectly horribly snarktastic.

(2) Were both Volker and Brody in on Rush's "bit of theatre" (British spelling, in honor of our Scottish scientist)?

Brody definitely, we see Rush nod to him and he picks up the walkie-talkie and follows Telford and the scientists to the communication stones, and tells Rush when they are gone. But what about Volker? He is standing right next to Rush in the gateroom, and seems calm as a clam during the whole thing, and watches Brody leave as though he knows what is going on.

(3) The actress who plays Eli's mom has a really great face and is really moving in the scene in her kitchen.

(4) The look on Telford's face when he "returns" from his momentary "visit" to Mrs. Young is priceless!

(5) We get to see Destiny in a star again this episode - fabulous special effects and so beautiful - I miss that ship.

Onward ever so slowly!
                sigpic

Comment

Still slowly re-watching! Watched "Time" and "Life" - just a couple of thoughts:

(1) I remember the first time watching "Time", when we got to the point (in the second time loop) where people were sick in the infirmary and James died, that I thought, oh, man that is so sad, she actually died. Because I didn't know for sure if she was going to be a major character and figured they might kill her off. But then Chloe died, and I thought "What?" I wasn't sure where they were going to go, and it was very interesting.

(2) The ending of "Time" was actually really very good. Leaving the viewer to connect the dots like that.

(3) Watching "Life", my favorite part (naturally!) has to be the confrontation between Young and Rush, when Young calls him out on the lie about the Icarus planet in the database. Such great body language for both actors, and I think Carlyle is excellent in that scene. I remember thinking "You sit in that chair eventually, Rush, you won't be able to resist it", and of course, eventually I was right (3 times, if we count all the Rushes).

"Justice" is up next!
                  sigpic

Comment

I have finished the re-watch last weekend of SG:U... man... always to see it end when it really became good... I really loved season two especially episodes like "Malice" "The Greater Good" "Twin Destinies" and "Time" to bad it's gone.
                    sigpic

Comment

New Stargate Universe Revisited review "Earth"

http://letstalktv.barbarabarnett.com...visited-earth/

Also, please join me as I welcome SGU producer-writer Joseph Mallozzi to my BlogTalkRadio show this Wed and Next! http://www.blogtalkradio.com/barbara-barnett

Comment

Working...
                      X