SGU re-watch? November and December!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU re-watch? November and December!

Just wondering how many SGU board regulars are planning to do the re-watch. I keep meaning to watch the show again, but keep not doing it (worried that I'll just be too sad about it), but I have these lovely DVDs just waiting to be used.

Yes? No? Maybe?

Any advice? Jelgate says "5 episodes a week", but do y'all watch them in a bunch, or spread them out over the week?
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

I did SG1 and Atlantis. Of course I am going to do SGU. I like to 5 episodes as a pace. I don't want to watch all of S1 in a week and then wait 3 weeks for S2. Its really up to the person. I know some impatient people who couldn't do only one season a month for the rewatch
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I was planning on it. I tried doing the whole rewatch, but I dropped out back in season 2 of SG1 lol(I was kinda busy at the time). I wanted to get back into it, once it got to the SGA part of the rewatch(but I was still kinda busy and rewatching too many other shows already). I have more time now, and SGU is only 2 seasons long( ), so I'm pretty sure I can actually join in.
      Last edited by VampyreWraith; 25 October 2012, 06:41 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        SGU is only 2 seasons long( ), so I'm pretty sure I can actually join in.
        I know, it is only 40 episodes - what kind of wimp can't watch 40 episodes in 2 months, right? I can do this!
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
          I know, it is only 40 episodes - what kind of wimp can't watch 40 episodes in 2 months, right? I can do this!
          Yep, you can do it! It really shouldn't be that bad. Just watch a lot when you have time(or even 1 ep a day) and it should be easy to go throught the 40 eps in the 2 months.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm planning to* watch it, that's what motivated me to sign up.

*I say planning to because it has been my experience that if I say 'I will absolutely be there' the universe will feel obligated to screw with me.
            sigpic

Comment

well for season 1 since the two part season premiere is one episode i could imagine watching an episode every night (monday through friday) and then doing a repeat friday night.

Comment

I actually just did a re-watch (literlly, I watched the finale like 5 days ago), so everything's still fresh in my memory.

Comment

I've already watched the first season and getting close to finishing up the second season so I'm kind of ahead on the viewing.

Although I am relieved that I get a break after 5 continuous months of reviewing SGA. It was so tough trying to do the reviews I do within a day, draining as well but I managed to get some gems here and there and at least I get a long lasting break after such a stunt like this.

I'm surprised I managed to hold on for this long.
                  Back from the grave.

Comment

I've stuck to the re-watch schedule from the beginning way back in August 2011! Can't believe we've got to SGU already, looking forward to revisiting the Destiny and its motley crew!

I've re-watched some of my favourite episodes a few times, but it will be nice to watch it all from beginning to end without breaks. I started a re-watch a year or so ago, got to 'Seizure' and decided I couldn't face the rest because it would remind me of it ending again and I haven't watched 'Epilogue' and 'Gauntlet' since I bought the DVD when it first came out.

However, I have stuck with watching every episode of Stargate for the re-watch, even the ones that I really disliked and vowed I'd never watch again after the first viewing! For SG-1 it was 'Urgo' and SGA it was 'Irresistible.' SGU is the only series that doesn't have an episode where I thought, I really can't watch this at all because there was always a good part that saved it from being thrown in the 'I really can't watch this at all' Stargate episode pile!

Comment

I just know we are going to have a repeat of Rush and Young supporters duking it out on the threads.

It will be great

I also have an avatar for the SGU portion of the rewatch
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

In my quest to watch all of the episodes in the Stargate franchise, I'm just finishing up SGA, so the timing is perfect for me to do the SGU rewatch -- although, since I haven't seen it yet, for me it will just be the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I just know we are going to have a repeat of Rush and Young supporters duking it out on the threads.

It will be great

I also have an avatar for the SGU portion of the rewatch
                          Excellent!!! BAGnificent Avatar!

We'll have to get him to join in on discussion about 'Faith' and 'Visitation' when those episodes come up in the re-watch and get some of his great stories about working on the show.

Comment

I'm posting retrospective reviews (new ones) on my Let's Talk TV Blog. I started with Air pt. 1 and am now up to Darkness. Will post light by the end of the weekend.

http://letstalktv.barbarabarnett.com...gate-universe/

Comment

I will try to participate in the rewatch, but not sure I'll be able to keep up as school is unfathomably busy at the moment.

Damn I miss SGU.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X