This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certainly not.
    I still don't understand the thinking behind not making shows available on multiple services. You'd think it would be in their best interest to give people lots of legal ways to see them. (I would think that would cut down on piracy a whole lot.)
    SGU is on Amazon Prime instant video now. (It's a pain in the neck to have to subscribe to different services for a couple shows though. And that Amazon doesn't have a monthly plan for Prime.)
    sigpic
    The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
    My art and writing site

Comment

I'm wondering if when Amazon gets their hands on a show there are agreements in place to not broadcast/stream them elsewhere.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xgirl30 View Post
        Certainly not.
        I still don't understand the thinking behind not making shows available on multiple services. You'd think it would be in their best interest to give people lots of legal ways to see them. (I would think that would cut down on piracy a whole lot.)
        SGU is on Amazon Prime instant video now. (It's a pain in the neck to have to subscribe to different services for a couple shows though. And that Amazon doesn't have a monthly plan for Prime.)
        Each streaming service are negoations of money of how much Amazon and Netflix are willing to pay to host Stargate. So its obvious that it will cost more to host Stargate on both services than one alone. Apparently MGM prefered Amazon for reasons only they know
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

That still seems like a bad business decision to me. (And doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially for shows they aren't currently promoting.)
          sigpic
          My art and writing site

Comment

Thats sad to read, I was annoyed when they got rite of the other stargates on Netflix. It seems like they keep getting rite of things and are not adding more. They better have kept DS9 since I'm in the middle of a rewatch.
            sigpic

Comment

As far as I know it still is. I don't know for how long though.
              sigpic
              My art and writing site

Comment

Working...
              X