X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (101)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by The CW
    Two brothers, Sam (Jared Padalecki, "Gilmore Girls") and Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles, "Smallville"), witness their mother's paranormal death as children and grow up trained to fight by a distraught father who wants nothing more than to hunt down the thing that killed his wife. Sam escapes to college to start a new, normal life, but gets pulled back in after Dean shows up on his doorstep to tell him their father is missing. Following clues from their father's eerie phone message, the boys travel to a small town and encounter a violent and vengeful spirit called the "Woman in White."
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Thank you so much for this Bagpuss!

My boys, so young in this episode. Babies, really.

I never noticed until, like, three viewings ago, the shadow on the side of the house cast from the trees...moves! Well, part of it does...

(the curvy part in the red circle moves)

Did not notice that the first umpteen times I'd seen the episode. Did anyone else notice this?
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

I knew this show was something special from the very first episode.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, started on my rewatch of SN to take the place of the Stargate one, using the same format of a season a month.

SAM: I wanted a dad who would tell me not to be afraid of the dark.
        DEAN: Of course you should be afraid of the dark!

This episode pulled me in from the start, indicating to me that this show was something rivetingly different. The two main characters set up as having differing views of the life their father chose to lead is firmly laid and had a wonderful chemistry from the get go! This went a long way to make this show so watchable, they way they were affected by all that they were faced with, dealing with seemingly impossible evil at every turn but helping people in the process.

A nice strong storyline laid down from the start, the mysterious horrific deaths of Sam and Dean's mother and then Sam's girlfriend. The search for their father who is clearly on the trail of whatever caused his wife's death.

The thing I really like about SN is the way it takes on all the urban legends and local legends and gives them a nice twist. Here its the 'Woman in White', every place seems to have a tale of such a ghostly apparition, which is totally insane of course as a result of their action in life! Just downright creepy the way she appears and takes control of the car then trying to rip Sam's heart out!

I never knew that this episode wasn't filmed in Vancouver, but in and around LA! Interesting that they still managed to get the brooding grey/bluish light so typical of Vancouver, which added a nice extra dimension to the dark tales SN tells on many occasion!

Comment

Just started my rewatch on SPN!

I noticed in the cut scenes that when Dean turns around to go back to Sam, there is clearly another person in the passenger side of the Impala.

RiG, they do look so young!! I never noticed that branch moving either, but I looked for it this time. I don't think it was the wind, and I also heard a creaking noise as it moved. I think it was just moving as the camera moved? I don't know, but it was creepy!

I find it funny that a couple of the songs are a little more "pop" than Eric Kripke wanted.

Dean is on the computer first searching for info, which confirms what we've known all along, that Dean is smart. Why do people think he is not?? *shakes head*

So many good lines in this eppy! Great start to a great show!
          sigpic

Comment

Just watched for the first time. I thought it was pretty good. Very worried about seeing McG's name in the credits. I'm not a fan, but I know many people who love this show so I am giving it a shot. Off to a very good start, though I feel the car is a bit cliche.

Comment

Working...
            X