Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Evolution Of The Nox

Why do the Nox look Human?
    If you think about other races we've seen, especially aliens from other galaxies.. although humanoid they didn't actually look Human. Just look at the Ursini and Asgard and Nakai and Foothold aliens, although humanoid they were far from Human looking yet the Nox seemed very Human in appearance and motion.
    Now let's consider that the Ancients came from another Galaxy and are not native to the Milky Way, so what really are the odds that an alien race (the Nox) would evolve in the Milky Way to look so similar to the Ancients/Humans?

So what's the deal here?

Originally posted by Asgard Flu View Post
    Why do the Nox look Human?
    If you think about other races we've seen, especially aliens from other galaxies.. although humanoid they didn't actually look Human. Just look at the Ursini and Asgard and Nakai and Foothold aliens, although humanoid they were far from Human looking yet the Nox seemed very Human in appearance and motion.
    Now let's consider that the Ancients came from another Galaxy and are not native to the Milky Way, so what really are the odds that an alien race (the Nox) would evolve in the Milky Way to look so similar to the Ancients/Humans?

So what's the deal here?
    I've always had this idea that the Nox could be a long lost tribe of the ancients, that somehow developed the powers they have as a result of being the closest thing to human form accention. As they say they are corporial assended beings if that makes sense?!!!!

Comment

Perhaps the Nox were the result of cross-species breeding. Don't know which aliens though.
      An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

An ancient pervert got busy with a tree = the Nox

Comment

I made a thread about this a while ago and made a few theories.
          1. They are an evolution of the original ancients that didn't end up dieing from the plague in the milky way galaxy.
          2. They evolved from the humans the ancients seed with the technology on dakara.

most likely it's a hole within stargate like many others but I think if they ever were to go back on the topic of the nox it is likely they would suggest they are somehow related to the ancients.

one of the reasons why a prequal series on the 4 races would be amazing or even one based in another galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
            I made a thread about this a while ago and made a few theories.
            1. They are an evolution of the original ancients that didn't end up dieing from the plague in the milky way galaxy.
            2. They evolved from the humans the ancients seed with the technology on dakara.

most likely it's a hole within stargate like many others but I think if they ever were to go back on the topic of the nox it is likely they would suggest they are somehow related to the ancients.

one of the reasons why a prequal series on the 4 races would be amazing or even one based in another galaxy.
            The first suggestion would be impossible.
            We know the Nox were in an alliance of the four great races. When the ancients returned to the Milky Way from Pegasus we know from onscreen dialogue that they never rebuilt anything because they couldn't. Earth humans were primitive and Morgan Le Fey stated that the Ancients that returned either learned to live side by side with them or meditated in order to ascend. Not only that, when the Ancients returned it was only a mere few thousand years before the present day. This means the alliance needed to have been in place when the Ancients were at the top of their game and when the Furlings were around, the Furlings would have much more of a presence if the alliance existed only a mere few thousand years ago.

The second suggestion is possible, but I'm wondering how they could have such advanced technology and be in the four great races if they were created at the same time as Human beings and evolved at the same time.

Comment

I'd always kind of thought that the Nox, Furlings and Asgard might have been factions of the Alterans that split off an evolved in isolation, then found on another again.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Flu View Post
                When the ancients returned to the Milky Way from Pegasus we know from onscreen dialogue that they never rebuilt anything because they couldn't. Earth humans were primitive and Morgan Le Fey stated that the Ancients that returned either learned to live side by side with them or meditated in order to ascend. Not only that, when the Ancients returned it was only a mere few thousand years before the present day.
                IIRC, Morgan had also said that some had spread out across the galaxy planting the first seeds of civilization, some chose to live in seclusion. Her and Merlin chose the latter. Also, I thought the ancients had returned around ten thousand years ago. I could be wrong though.
                An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.chrismckay View Post
                  Also, I thought the ancients had returned around ten thousand years ago.
                  Not sure the exact length but yeh it was only a few thousands years before the present day meaning there's no way the alliance of the four races occurred after they returned, it must have been in existence prior to leaving for Pegasus.

Comment

Why they are looking humans? Hm... May be becouse they are actually more or less humans? At least, I always think so. If they weren't humans, they must look not like humans. It means, that basically they are humans (like the pre-ascended Ancients), but more advanced then we are. Or humanoids, but about Nox (like about pre-ascended Ancients again) it's not absolutely right.

Comment

Originally posted by Eugenium View Post
                      Why they are looking humans? Hm... May be becouse they are actually more or less humans? At least, I always think so. If they weren't humans, they must look not like humans. It means, that basically they are humans (like the pre-ascended Ancients), but more advanced then we are. Or humanoids, but about Nox (like about pre-ascended Ancients again) it's not absolutely right.
                      For a race that can cloak and phase at will with a gesture, i'm certain that all appearances are deceiving. I don't see why they can't chose to look human-ish in the face of humans if they can phasecloak cities.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        For a race that can cloak and phase at will with a gesture, i'm certain that all appearances are deceiving. I don't see why they can't chose to look human-ish in the face of humans if they can phasecloak cities.
                        I'm sorry, but it's absolutely wrong! Firstly (and mainly): the Nox wasn't showed as in other appearence. Even noone said something like that during about 5 episodes with\about them! If it was so, it must be showed or something like that (such things can't be forgotten by writers).
                        Secondly: they can't choose their appearence. If you rememder all episodes about them, you should know, that they can only make everyhing invisible and nothing else (and teleportation, but it looks like effect of invisibility too). And, again, we don't have seen, that they are project "mirages" - they only hide things.
                        Finally, if the Nox want to camouflage themselves, they should't do such messy hair.

To sum up, a lot of people agree, that your theory is... mmm... possibly, but... there are too much arguments, that say 'no'.

Comment

And sorry for my mistakes, simple i'm new here (and on english-speaking forums).

Comment

I'm sorry, but it's absolutely wrong! Firstly (and mainly): the Nox wasn't showed as in other appearence. Even noone said something like that during about 5 episodes with\about them! If it was so, it must be showed or something like that (such things can't be forgotten by writers).
                            5 episodes where they interacted with humans and thus picked their human form.

It's not said it's impossible either; again a race that can phasecloak stuff and themselves at will, what meaning does "real" appearance have? none.

Secondly: they can't choose their appearence. If you rememder all episodes about them, you should know, that they can only make everyhing invisible and nothing else (and teleportation, but it looks like effect of invisibility too). And, again, we don't have seen, that they are project "mirages" - they only hide things.
                            If they're in their human appearance, i don't see why they should pick another form. Again, the very idea of their race is that appearances are deceiving.

Finally, if the Nox want to camouflage themselves, they should't do such messy hair.
                            For creatures that interacted on equal footing with the ancients, what does hair have to do with it?

To sum up, a lot of people agree, that your theory is... mmm... possibly, but... there are too much arguments, that say 'no'.
                            There's nothing that prevents it from happening, they're advanced enough to hide themselves and remote-control human clones to interact with lesser races.

Comment

lol wow Im stupid please delete this I answered in this thread twice

Comment

Working...
                              X