Where would season 6 have gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would season 6 have gone?

I know there's been a lot of discussion of Stargate Extinction and where the movie would have gone (before it got shelved), since a few tidbits about the movie were released before the shelving. But if it had stayed as a series, with a 6th season, where do you think it would have gone? Which loose ends do you think it would have tied up, and how?

I personally would really have liked to see all the loose ends with Todd and the Wraith tied up; that is, the Wraith can give life as well as take it, while the iratus bugs clearly can't. Which suggests to me that the whole life-giving thing is a product of their human side, while the life-taking is a product of their iratus side (thoughts? did I miss something?) I'd have liked to see that explored. Also, Todd seems to know and understand Sheppard in a very strange and disconcerting way, I'd have liked to see that explored.

I'd also have liked some closure on Michael? Is he actually dead? Cause he fell off a tower, but I know the last two seasons had a tendency to bring all the dead characters back, so I'd have liked a more definitive closure on his death.
    Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

This is a discussion I would love to jump in on, but Season 5 is still fuzzy in my memory, and I'm just starting Season 4 now, so I'll jump back in once we're done 5 (which will likely be soon!)
    The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

Well Season 5 brought up a lot of things that could've transformed into great plot drivers/arch.
      - The Travelers(Technically Season 4)
      - Pegasus Asgard
      - Aliens from Daedalus Variations
      - Current Location of Atlantis
      - Better closure with Weir
      - More goodies found in Janus's lab
      - More from the coalition of planets

Oh wow....I just remembered myself how much I liked this show...

Comment

For me, the big nagging question is...

Spoiler:
        Will Atlantis stay on Earth (cloaked), will it be relocated to a Milky Way world, or will it return to Pegasus? If relocated (regardless of where), why? Personally, I love the idea of Atlantis remaining on Earth. Who's to say that the city from "The Tower" can't be recovered and used as the new Pegasus base?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          For me, the big nagging question is...

Spoiler:
          Will Atlantis stay on Earth (cloaked), will it be relocated to a Milky Way world, or will it return to Pegasus? If relocated (regardless of where), why? Personally, I love the idea of Atlantis remaining on Earth. Who's to say that the city from "The Tower" can't be recovered and used as the new Pegasus base?
          Well, I personally like the idea of Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy because, well, that's its natural environment. The city was built in that galaxy, it's a part of the history of that galaxy, and all the discoveries they could make about atlantis would make more sense in that galaxy. and the show was as much about exploring the Pegasus galaxy as it was about exploring Atlantis itself. So, removing it to earth and trying to continue what they were doing with studying it just seems wrong, somehow. I loved season 1 so much partly because they were cut off from earth, because the stakes were higher that way, somehow. It seems a little too easy not that Atlantis can just pop by earth anytime.

And getting that city from 'The Tower' would probably require a lot of effort, given that most of it is, well, underground. and occupied by other people.
          Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

Comment

Originally posted by ComtessedeBussy View Post
            The city was built in that galaxy, it's a part of the history of that galaxy...
            It was built on Earth, Antarctica. The city departed "Several Million Years Ago" in a brief flashback that opened the series.

As for the rest of your post, I can see where you're going. The city is associated with Pegasus, especially given that it's stargate is a Pegasus stargate. Why would Earth allow the city to be relocated? "Pegasus needs Atlantis!" Earth's response would be to recover the other city or build a Pegasus SGC.

Comment

okay, I guess I missed the part where it was built on Earth (I watched SGA first, before the other series, and I watched the first episode long before the rest of the seasons so I guess it got mixed up in my head).

And I could see how the IOA would not want Atlantis back in the Pegasus galaxy, and how with all the bureaucracy and whatnot they'd get stuck in the Milky Way, but that would just make me sad, because story-wise, that would take away so much opportunity for discovery. Then again, they wrote the finale knowing the show was getting cancelled, so that may be why they brought Atlantis to the milky way in the first place.

Comment

It's not that Atlantis came to the Milky Way, but rather, that it came home to Earth. That was always going to be the season finale. The "What now?" ending to the series would have been the launching point for the sixth season. The first two episodes would have revolved around Atlantis returning to the Pegasus galaxy. Hopefully, something better than "self destruct due to leaving the Pegasus galaxy, but with a VERY LONG countdown." If Earth would allow Atlantis to leave, it's likely it would be allowed to Pegasus. However, why would ANYONE allow the city to leave Earth? It's just crazy! Really, I'm glad that the show ended with Atlantis returning to Earth. If the show had to end, what better an ending? Yeah, the Wraith are still at large, but that leaves stories to the imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallnavy View Post
                  Well Season 5 brought up a lot of things that could've transformed into great plot drivers/arch.
                  - The Travelers(Technically Season 4)
                  - Pegasus Asgard
                  - Aliens from Daedalus Variations
                  - Current Location of Atlantis
                  - Better closure with Weir
                  - More goodies found in Janus's lab
                  - More from the coalition of planets

Oh wow....I just remembered myself how much I liked this show...
                  Also, i would love to see them revisit some of our old allies..
                  Like what's been happening to the terranians (the ones we got the Hypofralcus from (or what we called Orion).
                  What did happen to the Pegasus asgard? Where did they disappear to? Will they hold a grudge against us for what we did?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Like what's been happening to the terranians (the ones we got the Hypofralcus from (or what we called Orion).
                    They were killed by Michael prior to the events of "Vengeance."

Comment

I would have liked to see more of the Genii and the travellers - perhaps them teaming up, giving the Genii access to ships.

I'd also have loved more Todd...perhaps a way of making him no longer need to feed on humans (like a perfected treatment) and him becoming a real ally. This would have given us more of an insight into the Wraith.

Maybe a full on Wraith civil war with only two factions, and Atlantis getting pulled into the conflict by Todd?

Also...no more replicators unless it's to bring back the real Weir and then for them to vanish again.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        I would have liked to see more of the Genii and the travellers - perhaps them teaming up, giving the Genii access to ships.

I'd also have loved more Todd...perhaps a way of making him no longer need to feed on humans (like a perfected treatment) and him becoming a real ally. This would have given us more of an insight into the Wraith.

Maybe a full on Wraith civil war with only two factions, and Atlantis getting pulled into the conflict by Todd?

Also...no more replicators unless it's to bring back the real Weir and then for them to vanish again.
                        agreed on all of that, especially Todd. Of all the loose ends, I think the one with the Wraith/Todd is the most glaring one. I just really, really want to know more about the secrets of the Wraith and that connection Todd and Sheppard have.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          What did happen to the Pegasus asgard? Where did they disappear to? Will they hold a grudge against us for what we did?
                          Oh yes the Lost Tribe. Very enigmatic in every way- would be nice to see what they're up to these days.

Speaking of the Hippaforalkus- is it just me or is that name better than "Orion"? I remember when McKay said something about the abyssmal Lantean names I thought, Hippaforalkus is awesome!

My big question (aside from the obvious Weir question) involves another MIA character: whatever happened to Ford? He was such a great kid; always joking and smiling. He just disappeared.
                          They figured he was a lazy, time-wasting slacker. They were right.

Comment

I assume Ford is dead since last we saw he was on that spaceship that got blown up. Then again, Stargate has a history of revealing that characters who were on spaceships that got blown up are not actually dead. I liked Ford too, though I think I like Ronon, who is pretty much his replacement, more.

Old allies and new allies as well. I'd really love to see more of the technologically advanced societies in Pegasus. what have they been doing all this time?

Comment

One thing that I'd like to see is more of the outpost in Antarctica. I mean, surely more than just the chair room survived. And another thing, given what we saw in the Season 7 finale of SG-1 with the rings, and the perspective from the opening of Rising, how did rings get outside of the the window anyway? And another thing with the outpost, look at it's size compared to the rest of Atlantis. The Chair room window was at a point where it overlooked the city platform (the part with the buildings over the Stardrive) so it's relatively another tower in itself so who knows what kind of goodies are there.

Comment

Working...
                              X