Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Options for buying SGU Season 2 in HD in Canada?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options for buying SGU Season 2 in HD in Canada?

When SGU season 2 was being released on optical disc I was eagerly awaiting the Blu-ray version. Part of the reason we got our first Blu-ray player was for SGU season 1. Any way time came and went so that is history for the moment.

What options are there for getting SGU season 2 in HD? I have a PS3 so in the worst case scenario I will just get the DVDs and play them using the upconversion to HD on the PS3. Not ideal but better than nothing.

I looked on the PlayStation Store/Videos Unlimited and they do have SGU season 2 but only in SD.

For each of the options what is codec used and bit rate? I know that Netflix is around 5 MBps but I do not know what iTunes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated because I want to do a SGU marathon this summer.

To my knowledge SGU S2 has not and will not be released on BR disc.
    Sorry
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

We are all very sad about that. Hopefully they will release it eventually as a complete series package on Blu-ray. One can hope at least.

Comment

I'm waiting for the SG1/SGA/SGU complete Blu-ray box to be released. But we'll probably discover a real Stargate before that happens.

Comment

So true. I was thinking we should start a e-mail/letter writing campaign asking what is going on with SGU in HD for season 2. I know that these corporate types use statistics which their marketing departments will use to tell them that for every e-mail/letter they receive there are X number of peoples (1,000s, 10,000s, etc) who are interested as well but didn't have the time/motivation to write.

The reason why I mention this is because in Canada about 8 years ago a commercial got banned because 5 or so people wrote a letter to the government complaining about the issue. People at the time were quite irate and it was even in the news, which surprised me that more people did not write letters to the government agency responsible. There was even a statistics professor on the news explaining how they used statistical models to estimate how many people were in support of the ban.

Comment

I've sent at least half a dozen emails to FOX (the home video distributor for the franchise). All I've ever received in return were those generic "we're sorry, but we have no information on a potential release" bs responses.

I'm still mad about it too--what moron can justify releasing half a show on BD and then refusing to do the second half? But at this point, it doesn't appear to ever be happening.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

People like to use that twitter thing. Unfortunately it looks like that mindless system is the only thing people listen to these days. I tried to start SGUonBLU on twitter but no one was interested.

Can you even "rent" it from Amazon is HD?
              sigpic
              Originally posted by dacooker
              The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

UPDATE December 18, 2013

I do have SGU season 2 on DVD but I was thinking it would be nice to have it in HD.

I was making my list for things to buy on Boxing Day and at the top of my list is SGU season 2 in HD. Oh wait I live in Canada so it is not available... I checked the Sony Entertainment Network and they have season 1 but only in SD and they do not have Air Parts 1 and 2. No problem I love my PS3 and I have season 1 on Blu-ray which is the way it is meant to be experienced.

Then I checked iTunes... Awesome news they FINALLY have SGU season 2 in HD! I have never bought anything from iTunes but that is going to change in very short order. They have SGU season 2 in SD for $19.99 for the 20 episode season or $1.99 per episode. For SGU season 2 in HD they have it in HD for $59.80 for the 20 episode season or $2.99. For HD it comes out to the same price if you buy the season or each episode individually.

Happy days! SGU season 2 in HD!

Comment

Working...
                X