Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    He is his father's son. I totally saw that coming, but my wife was pretty shocked and dismayed. I told her, come on, there has to be some drama left for next season.

This was an amazing season finale. IMO, Barnes is far from done manipulating things.
    absolutely. And with Elena apparently now looking for revenge (or something close to it), it appears there's another feud on the horizon.

Comment

I enjoyed the season finale. I was surprised by John Ross, but I got a greater respect for JR.
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        I predict that there will be a huge rift between Elena and the Ewings, after this new info gained from Cliff. She will continue to protect Drew and will come up against the Ewings for that land she thinks is hers. Her mother will be caught in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
          Spoiler:
          I predict that there will be a huge rift between Elena and the Ewings, after this new info gained from Cliff. She will continue to protect Drew and will come up against the Ewings for that land she thinks is hers. Her mother will be caught in the middle.
          Pretty good prediction IMO.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I enjoyed the season finale. I was surprised by John Ross, but I got a greater respect for JR.
            Yeah, the revelation of his "Master Plan" was a very fitting end to things for his character.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It will be interesting to see if (and how) Cliff gets himself out of a Mexican prison, and if the Mexican authorities find out they were duped into arresting him. Lots and lots of very unhappy people.

Interesting that the doctor/wife who had been hiding the fact that Christopher's mother was dead were portrayed somewhat sympathetically. To themselves, they acted as though they had done nothing wrong, when in fact what they did was monstrous. And all because of money. They got to live the high life for nearly 25 years while Christopher went through all that time thinking his mother wanted nothing to do with him.

Comment

At least it is now official that we will be getting a third season. That puts me at ease a bit.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Wow.
                  Spoiler:
                  Was surprised Christopher was the Ewing killed. but with some internet research this morning it seems Jesse Metcalf is leaving the show. My money was on either Ann or Pamela, as I figured Bobby, Sue Ellen, Christopher and John Ross characters were safe. I could see the Elena is pregnant storyline coming a mile away after Nicholas/Joaquin punctured her diaphragm. And if there's a next season, there will be a "whose the daddy" storyline, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                    Wow.
                    Spoiler:
                    Was surprised Christopher was the Ewing killed. but with some internet research this morning it seems Jesse Metcalf is leaving the show. My money was on either Ann or Pamela, as I figured Bobby, Sue Ellen, Christopher and John Ross characters were safe. I could see the Elena is pregnant storyline coming a mile away after Nicholas/Joaquin punctured her diaphragm. And if there's a next season, there will be a "whose the daddy" storyline, too.
                    Hmmm...
                    Spoiler:
                    that's sad that Jesse Metcalf is leaving the show. At least the producers tied up that thread. Yes, I saw Elena getting pregnant coming for a mile. There seem to be two prospects for the father Nicholas or John Ross. I wonder when we'll find out if there is a 4th season?
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, it looks like we'll never find out what happens "next" season. Dallas has been cancelled by TNT.

From Entertainment Weekly:

After a three-season run, Dallas has been canceled.

TNT announced on Friday that the primetime soap opera, a reboot of the 1980s classic, will not be returning for a fourth season.

“TNT has decided not to renew Dallas. We are extremely proud of the series, which defied expectations by standing as a worthy continuation of the Ewing saga. We want to thank everyone involved with the show, from the extraordinary cast to the impeccable production team, led by the show’s creative forces, [executive producers] Cynthia Cidre and Mike Robin,” a TNT spokesperson said in a statement. “We especially want to thank the people of Dallas for their warm and generous hospitality during the production of the series.”

While the reboot kicked off with impressive ratings in 2012, its viewership shrank after the death of Larry Hagman, who had reprised his pivotal role of J.R. Ewing, in November 2012. The 81-year-old was filming the second season of the show at the time. In addition to Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray were also among the cast members from the original series. New to the series for the reboot were Juan Pablo Di Pace, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Josh Henderson, Jordana Brewster, and Jesse Metcalfe.

Comment

Found out about this when I saw a tweet from Patrick Duffy about it.

I think they may try to bring it to another network/channel. We shall see.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Well, it looks like we'll never find out what happens "next" season. Dallas has been cancelled by TNT.
                          Oh wow. I wish they would at least give us a 2 hour movie to wrap up the storyline. But maybe they're holding out hope they can get picked up elsewhere.

Comment

There seems to be a "Save Dallas" campaign going on. I've seen lots of tweets about this.....I think I even saw one where William Shatner posted about it since he is friends with Linda Gray. I saw that one when Patrick Duffy retweeted it.

They aren't giving up without a fight! Fingers crossed they are successful and are picked up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X