No announcement yet.

The Supernatural FanFic Recommendation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fandoms. Shouldn't. Touch. Just my opinion...I'm kind of like Monk like that, really.
    sigpic
    Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
    --Angels in America

Comment

Originally posted by birthsister View Post
      Fandoms. Shouldn't. Touch. Just my opinion...I'm kind of like Monk like that, really.
      Lol! I understand. There are a lot of crappy ones out there.

Comment

I'm okay with it as long as things are done well and all of the characters are IC.. Especially since I have two crossovers out there. Just not for SPN.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
          Lol! I understand. There are a lot of crappy ones out there.

Hey, can I make a suggestion about your sunglass club? You should call it Grace's Shades....just for the alliteration. Just a thought...
          sigpic
          Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
          --Angels in America

Comment

Hey, can I make a suggestion about your sunglass club? You should call it Grace's Shades....just for the alliteration. Just a thought...
            LOL!!! Perfect idea! I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
              I found this one kinda boring actually.. I mean, the Dean whump was great but I'm not a big fan of hospital scenes and it quickly lost my interest.
              It's not all hospital scenes. The bulk of it takes place at Bobby's. Dean's recuperation and such. The author is quite descriptive with Dean's injuries.

Spoilered for story spoilers...
              Spoiler:
              Even with how his leg looks when it's all healed up and the cast is removed. I could picture his poor bowleg, Dean's frustration that it was still bowed was funny!

But, like you said, to each her own.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Been reading a great fic these last few days called No Mountain High Enough, No River Wide Enough and it's is great! It has Dean!whump and Sam!whump. And it's written really really well! Dean and Sam are very much in character. Sheriff Jody Mills is in it too and she is in character as well. It is a WIP but it's too good for me to pass up so I'm gonna fave it when I've read the last available chapter. There are six chapters so far.

Give it a read!
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  Been reading a great fic these last few days called No Mountain High Enough, No River Wide Enough and it's is great! It has Dean!whump and Sam!whump. And it's written really really well! Dean and Sam are very much in character. Sheriff Jody Mills is in it too and she is in character as well. It is a WIP but it's too good for me to pass up so I'm gonna fave it when I've read the last available chapter. There are six chapters so far.

Give it a read!
                  Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have to check it out.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                    Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have to check it out.
                    You're welcome.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Alright, time to bump this here thread with a fanfic rec...

I am reading a DaddyDean fic that uses the formula of Dean discovering he has a child pre-series and he accepts her into his life. The story then follows the show, pretty much one episode at a time, but with Dean's child in the episodes. I love this story!!! Then again, I crave DaddyDean fics like I crave oxygen.

Family Is Where The Heart Is
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

I come bearing fanfic... or rather, shameless self promotion. I thought it would be better to do this here, rather than make a new thread all about me.

Anyway, I have written a fic! It's not the fic I mentioned in the Peeves thread, just something I threw together yesterday after I got one of those "I have to write that!" ideas. I was hoping somebody might want to take a look and offer up some thoughts, specifically about whether or not the characters are, well, in-character, and the overall convincingness of the thing.

It's a one-shot, so no more chapters after this, I promise.

For Want of a Nail

</shamelessselfpromotion>

Edit:

Aaaaand I wrote another. First of four or five chapters is up. Be warned - this story will contain BABY ANGELS.

Haha!
                        Last edited by The Urban Spaceman; 08 March 2013, 11:08 AM. Reason: Serendipitous sorcery
                        Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Working...
                        X