Supernatural Fanfic and Brainstorming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural Fanfic and Brainstorming

So, I was wanting a place on the wonderful GW to brainstorm and chat about Supernatural (from here on out referred to me as SPN) fanfiction so I created one.

Let's get writing and brainstorming!

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Don't you just hate starting a thread and then nobody answers? HIIIIII! *waves wildly*

Anyway, I'm shy about fic brainstorming because I'm of the paranoid species. Could we say that any brainstorming remains the property of the original brain it came from, unless expressly stated otherwise?

Otherwise, it'll be good to have a place to bounce ideas off of, and check canon without having to weed through 16 episodes only to find I was wrong in the first place...
    sigpic
    Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
    --Angels in America

Comment

Originally posted by birthsister View Post
      Don't you just hate starting a thread and then nobody answers? HIIIIII! *waves wildly*

Anyway, I'm shy about fic brainstorming because I'm of the paranoid species. Could we say that any brainstorming remains the property of the original brain it came from, unless expressly stated otherwise?

Otherwise, it'll be good to have a place to bounce ideas off of, and check canon without having to weed through 16 episodes only to find I was wrong in the first place...
      Hi! No worries about no one answering, I was going to post some of my ideas or something later on tonight.

So, you basically wanna copyright brainstorming/ideas? Yeah?

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

I guess...I just think it would be gauche to post "hey, I had this great fic idea...blah blah blah" and someone else runs with it, vs. "Hey, that's a great idea, mind if I use it in this story I'm working on" and getting permission first. I mean, if it happens, it happens. But I would hope among friends we would ask first...or, feel free to tell me to crawl back into my cave with my four color pen and my rough draft....it's quite comfy, actually...I have a good view of the gutter from here
        sigpic
        --Angels in America

Comment

I guess...I just think it would be gauche to post "hey, I had this great fic idea...blah blah blah" and someone else runs with it, vs. "Hey, that's a great idea, mind if I use it in this story I'm working on" and getting permission first. I mean, if it happens, it happens. But I would hope among friends we would ask first...or, feel free to tell me to crawl back into my cave with my four color pen and my rough draft....it's quite comfy, actually...I have a good view of the gutter from here
          Hm.. I was kinda hoping that that would be implied, you know? I guess I put too much stock in common courtesy.

Let's just say this - no one steal or borrow others' ideas unles express permission is given.

That work??

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Fair enough.
            sigpic
            --Angels in America

Comment

Sorry. I had medical emergency and had to go to the hospital. Got home about an hour ago and had a late dinner of cereal and toast.

Glad to see this thread is alive and well!

Sounds good to me!

This.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                Sorry. I had medical emergency and had to go to the hospital. Got home about an hour ago and had a late dinner of cereal and toast.
                Is everything okay?? I hear ya on the dinner - mine's ramen..

sigpic
                Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                  Is everything okay??
                  For now. Mom had a little problem earlier and off to the ER we went. She has to call her doc tomorrow morning.

I'll explain more in the Jensen thread tomorrow.

I hear ya on the dinner - mine's ramen..
                  Ooh, I'm not a ramen fan. I prefer cup-o-noodles myself. They have veggies in them.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Okay, so I have a few ideas running through my head and I'm trying to merge them so it's not so much of a "been there, read that" fic..

Background info on me
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm a whumper, a Dean whumper to be exact. But unlike most, I don't prefer the blood, gunshots, torture stuff (though I have been known to torture some characters, it's not my favorite); I'm more of a soft tissue injury and broken bone kinda person, so sprains, pulled muscles, etc..

And now onto the fic portion, lol..
                    Spoiler:
                    Like I've said, I have a few ideas..

One is - While on a hunt, gets thrown down a flight of stairs by a malevolent ghost (OR, while living with Lisa and Ben this happens, thus giving me the added bonus of letting Lisa give the comfort part of the hurt/comfort )

The second is - During Season 4 when we first meet Alistair (4.9-10) just before Anna (that's the name of the newfound Angel right?) vanishes Alistair, he leaves Dean with a parting gift (I'm thinking that it will hurt either his ankle or his knee so badly that it doesn't fully recover; he won't be terribly disabled, just a limp and some slight pain or something..I dunno why but that's something I do to my characters - it's never a lot, mind you..)

The third is - After Dean comes back from killing Amy (7.3), Sam (I almost said Dean because that's who I'll always think Jared is (from GG)) punches his brother, furious and hurt because of what he knows Dean has just done.. Somehow Dean injures his weak and newly cast-free leg...and I don't know from there

Now, I'm actually leaning more towards the first or second option but the third just popped in my head the other night when I was watching the episode.

So, whatdya think? Yay? Nay? Other suggestions?

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                      For now. Mom had a little problem earlier and off to the ER we went. She has to call her doc tomorrow morning.

I'll explain more in the Jensen thread tomorrow.

Ooh, I'm not a ramen fan. I prefer cup-o-noodles myself. They have veggies in them.
                      Well, I'm glad it wasn't serious enough to warrant an overnight stay...

I hate veggies. I'm really quite child-like in my tastes.. It's actually more, I prefer my veggies raw hence why I prefer regular ramen.. That and it's cheaper yet still filling which is helpful when you have three boys (two small kids and one grownup) who eat through house and home in like two weeks. lol

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

Okay, so I have a few ideas running through my head and I'm trying to merge them so it's not so much of a "been there, read that" fic..

Background info on me
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm a whumper, a Dean whumper to be exact. But unlike most, I don't prefer the blood, gunshots, torture stuff (though I have been known to torture some characters, it's not my favorite); I'm more of a soft tissue injury and broken bone kinda person, so sprains, pulled muscles, etc..

And now onto the fic portion, lol..
                        Spoiler:
                        Like I've said, I have a few ideas..

One is - While on a hunt, gets thrown down a flight of stairs by a malevolent ghost (OR, while living with Lisa and Ben this happens, thus giving me the added bonus of letting Lisa give the comfort part of the hurt/comfort )

The second is - During Season 4 when we first meet Alistair (4.9-10) just before Anna (that's the name of the newfound Angel right?) vanishes Alistair, he leaves Dean with a parting gift (I'm thinking that it will hurt either his ankle or his knee so badly that it doesn't fully recover; he won't be terribly disabled, just a limp and some slight pain or something..I dunno why but that's something I do to my characters - it's never a lot, mind you..)

The third is - After Dean comes back from killing Amy (7.3), Sam (I almost said Dean because that's who I'll always think Jared is (from GG)) punches his brother, furious and hurt because of what he knows Dean has just done.. Somehow Dean injures his weak and newly cast-free leg...and I don't know from there

Now, I'm actually leaning more towards the first or second option but the third just popped in my head the other night when I was watching the episode.

So, whatdya think? Yay? Nay? Other suggestions?
                        Hey M! Great thread!

I think I like the first idea the best. Lots of potential for comfort, as well as whump. *evil grin* And I know you already got a start on a malevolent ghost fic that I'd like to see finished.

The second one is good too, and I know you love to write that stuff.

The third one is also very good. I think they discuss the ramifications of killing Amy in a couple episodes, I can't remember which one though. So it could be your take on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
                          Hey M! Great thread!

I think I like the first idea the best. Lots of potential for comfort, as well as whump. *evil grin* And I know you already got a start on a malevolent ghost fic that I'd like to see finished.

The second one is good too, and I know you love to write that stuff.

The third one is also very good. I think they discuss the ramifications of killing Amy in a couple episodes, I can't remember which one though. So it could be your take on the situation.
                          I'm not sure the malevolent ghost one we discussed earlier will go anywhere or not..
                          Spoiler:
                          I might have the ghost still look the same but I think that will be it.. I've already deleted it cause I wasn't happy with it

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

I'm not sure the malevolent ghost one we discussed earlier will go anywhere or not..
                            Spoiler:
                            I might have the ghost still look the same but I think that will be it.. I've already deleted it cause I wasn't happy with it
                            Oh. Alright, no worries.
                            It is your story...you could use a completely different ghost if you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
                              Oh. Alright, no worries.
                              It is your story...you could use a completely different ghost if you wanted.
                              I think I'll keep the same ghost, just give a different background... IF I go with that idea that is..

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X