• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it even worth watching?

well is it?
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Yes, definitely. If you like interesting and weird aliens, mysteries where things aren't always what they seem, decent character development and galaxy-spanning storylines. Especially if you can overlook early-90s CGI and occasionally wooden acting. Like most arc-based shows it takes a while for B5 to get going while we get to know the main characters, but it's worth the investment.
    sigpic

Comment

Give it a try you will probably enjoy it, i would say skip season 1 because Sinclair is boring but when Sheridan comes in it gets really good, however season 1 is pivotal to the story as a whole

If Ds9 is your favorite Trek than you will most probably enjoy this
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
        Give it a try you will probably enjoy it, i would say skip season 1 because Sinclair is boring but when Sheridan comes in it gets really good, however season 1 is pivotal to the story as a whole

If Ds9 is your favorite Trek than you will most probably enjoy this
        VOY is mine but i haven't seen TOS i reckon that TOS is so...?
        sigpic
        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          Geez Mr K you almost gave me a heart attack!!
          You HAVE to watch S1, but some do suggest watching S2 first to really draw you in more.
          Me personally, I loved it from around 3-4 eps of S1 onwards.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I've only seen the first 3 Seasons, but from what I did see, I would say...

Spoiler:
            Also, don't skip Season 1. All in all the show certainly isn't perfect but it's definitely really good. I really enjoyed it quite a lot.
            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 26 May 2012, 12:35 PM.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

It is very complex with long story archs that develop over time and the show is non-traditional in many ways. If you don't enjoy those types of shows B5 may not be for you, not everyone can keep up.

That being said, the show is awesome! I wish it were still available on Netflix streaming as I want to watch it again!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                It is very complex with long story archs that develop over time and the show is non-traditional in many ways. If you don't enjoy those types of shows B5 may not be for you, not everyone can keep up.

That being said, the show is awesome! I wish it were still available on Netflix streaming as I want to watch it again!
                And you are a true citizen of the internet, whereas I, wear my grey hat with pride and purposefulness, even if, some would consider these intentional acts of mine a detraction, and probably nearer to the black hat wearer of these internets.

tl;dr netflix? this is the internet, right?

Comment

Andromeda is a series that (in my very subjective mind) seems comparable to B5 in terms of originality, story continuity, and production quality. If you enjoyed Andromeda, then you'll likely enjoy B5, provided you stay past its weak beginning. And if you haven't seen Andromeda, then this comparison will be useless to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Geez Mr K you almost gave me a heart attack!!
                    You HAVE to watch S1, but some do suggest watching S2 first to really draw you in more.
                    Me personally, I loved it from around 3-4 eps of S1 onwards.
                    *hands cerapax*

That is what meant obviously you have to watch s1

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                    VOY is mine but i haven't seen TOS i reckon that TOS is so...?
                    TOS is alright i enjoy the TOS movies more than the series, but its good you should atleast watch it

Bester one of the villains in B5 is played by walter koenig aka checkov from TOS

Also G'kar is played by the same actor who plays Romulan Commander Tomalak from TNG

Mira Furlan who played Delenn in b5 also played Danielle Rausseau in lost

But there are alot of great actors attached to the series
                    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 03 June 2012, 03:42 AM.
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

I've watched 3 seasons on DVD and I love it. On to season 4.
                      - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Glad you're enjoying it TennisMennis!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          Glad you're enjoying it TennisMennis!
                          LOL! Yeah, the Shadows War is pretty intriguing. Although I'm not sure I'm following it as closely as I need to. Sometimes I watch it when I'm pretty exhausted and I think I miss some things.

Spoiler Alert ******For instance, I think when a Minbari dies, their soul might inhabit a human body. I think. I don't believe this is 100%, but for some. Thus, the Minbaris quit fighting Earth. Maybe I'll learn more about this at the end of three. My wife informed me we have one more disk for season 3. I thought we finished three when Capt Sinclair returned for that two-part special. I see the last show is named Z'ha'doom. I know this place is important, so maybe I'll get more info to clarify things for me.
                          - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

You will. Z'ha'doom is one of the key episodes of the show IMO.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's a long awaitated project of mine as well, still it's a tie between this or X-Files I mean on which I will watch first..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X