Breaking Bad or supposedly the best tv show since the wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking Bad or supposedly the best tv show since the wire

So, I have not seen this show yet but plan on watching it this year, I tried the pilot two years ago but wasn't that much impressed. So now this spring most of my friends are talkin about breaking bad and how it is the best show ever, so I wanted to know your opinion, if you have watched it, why is it so good ?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    So, I have not seen this show yet but plan on watching it this year, I tried the pilot two years ago but wasn't that much impressed. So now this spring most of my friends are talkin about breaking bad and how it is the best show ever, so I wanted to know your opinion, if you have watched it, why is it so good ?
    Same as you, watched the first 3 episodes and was not hooked, so I gave up, but a lot of people say it´s good?
    But is the same as "True Blood" many people like it but IMO one of the worst shows on TV, I have even watched one season, but the show is really bad.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
      Same as you, watched the first 3 episodes and was not hooked, so I gave up, but a lot of people say it´s good?
      But is the same as "True Blood" many people like it but IMO one of the worst shows on TV, I have even watched one season, but the show is really bad.
      I like true blood, it's something like a guilty pleasure for me I started it because i liked Anna paquin but now she's my least favorite character
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        I like true blood, it's something like a guilty pleasure for me I started it because i liked Anna paquin but now she's my least favorite character
        I think i watched True Blood because the music in the episode where granny was killed was really superb, and I secretly hoped it could go on like that.
        sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen a full episode of Breaking Bad, but what i saw didn't really impress me, i might give it another go like later this year or next year
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

I can't wait till you discover network television
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think i watched True Blood because the music in the episode where granny was killed was really superb, and I secretly hoped it could go on like that.
              True. Still, the soundtrack is fangtastic, well the selected songs....
              sigpic

Comment

The writing and acting (and cinematography) are fantastic. Bryan Cranston is probably the best actor on television at the moment (hence his three consecutive Emmys), which combined with the writing makes Walter White one of the greatest characters in TV fiction. The show is largely focused around him and Jesse (also brilliantly acted by Aaron Paul), with a strong and intelligently-used supporting cast. Season 3 introduces one of TV's best villains.

It's definitely a slow-burner for large parts of the first two seasons, but that just makes it all the more satisfying when the **** really hits the fan. Seasons three and four aren't really that much faster paced, but they really ratchet up the tension (and increase the frequency of "holy ****" moments).

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                  The writing and acting (and cinematography) are fantastic. Bryan Cranston is probably the best actor on television at the moment (hence his three consecutive Emmys), which combined with the writing makes Walter White one of the greatest characters in TV fiction. The show is largely focused around him and Jesse (also brilliantly acted by Aaron Paul), with a strong and intelligently-used supporting cast. Season 3 introduces one of TV's best villains.

It's definitely a slow-burner for large parts of the first two seasons, but that just makes it all the more satisfying when the **** really hits the fan. Seasons three and four aren't really that much faster paced, but they really ratchet up the tension (and increase the frequency of "holy ****" moments).
                  Hm... Thanks... but first I decided I will watch JUSTIFIED and SONS OF ANARCHY ( wanted to watch both shows in years !) so Breaking Bad has to wait anyway..
                  sigpic

Comment

Thought i'd check out the pilot today

Edit - watched the pilot thought it was pretty good, want to see more
                    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 16 June 2012, 08:05 PM.
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

I started watching Breaking Bad this past Sunday. I am currently watching the Season 3 finale.

This show is amazing.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

^ re-watch right? i flew through the first four seasons season 4 only took me like 4 days i know there short seasons but i loved it so much
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Nope, this is my first time seeing it

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Nope, this is my first time seeing it
                            Yeah it was my first time too, your gonna enjoy the fourth season omg soo good

Only 2nd to The Walking Dead as far as my favorite shows go
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

All caught up on Saturday. Holy hell what a show. Having to wait week-to-week for Season 5 episodes is going to be murder

What an amazing show. All the actors are incredible, even for the characters I loathe (cough Skyler cough).

But the real hazard of watching all four seasons of this in seven days? I want to punctuate every other sentence with "b*tch" Damn you, Aaron Paul! (B*tch!)

Comment

Working...
                              X