Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Confirmed some time ago now...most likely to debut in September.

Apparently there's going to be a Season 5 trailer shown "exclusively at Disney Star Wars Weekends" (whatever that means), but today they released an excerpt teaser trailer for Season 5 online!

http://www.starwars.com/watch/tcw_se...r_trailer.html
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

A - Can't wait for the live-action show(which willl focus on the dark side of the galaxy during the Empire, you know, bounty hunters, bad guys, insurrections).
    B - I will never understand George Lucas...
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

And that has what to do with Season 5 of The Clone Wars?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Confirmed some time ago now...most likely to debut in September.

Apparently there's going to be a Season 5 trailer shown "exclusively at Disney Star Wars Weekends" (whatever that means), but today they released an excerpt teaser trailer for Season 5 online!

http://www.starwars.com/watch/tcw_se...r_trailer.html
        Spoiler:
        More Darth Maul, more Savage Opress and more Death Watch. I can't wait!!!!
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

As an adult, I'm amazed at how much fun I've had watching the Clone Wars. I've loved some older Japanese Anime (Robotech, Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind, original Bubblegum Crisis), and considered that the best in animated storytelling, but the 3D animation for Clone Wars surpassed this!

The best season so far has been Season 2, especially the Geonosis, Death Watch and Boba Fett arcs. The softer, more realistic animation in Seasons 3 and 4 doesn't work for me : the woodcut style of the first 2 seasons says clearly "this is a cartoon"! And for seasons 3 and 4, where was an arc connecting the different battles, making a history of the Clone Wars? The 2nd battle of Geonosis connects back to the movies, but after that what is the progress of Dooku's armies against the Republic?

I imagine kids must be loving this, so it's great to have a new Star Wars series for the current generation. -Dean

Comment

I just wonder if this will be the final season
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

And that has what to do with Season 5 of The Clone Wars?
              B - Maul survived??? That was over-the-top. Even the Episode III novelization says "the Zabrak from Naboo".
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Cant wait for the full trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                  B - Maul survived??? That was over-the-top.
                  As over-the-top as recently-dismembered Luke falling a mile down Cloud City before being sucked into an exhaust shaft and slowing to a nice easy stop?

Or the survival of the half man?

Or mechanical legs?

Help me out here...you aren't making a lot of sense.

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                  Even the Episode III novelization says "the Zabrak from Naboo".
                  And, so, therefore?

Incidentally, Maul was never from Naboo. Not in the movies, not in their novelizations.

Comment

As over-the-top as recently-dismembered Luke falling a mile down Cloud City before being sucked into an exhaust shaft and slowing to a nice easy stop?

Or the survival of the half man?

Or mechanical legs?

Help me out here...you aren't making a lot of sense.

And, so, therefore?

Incidentally, Maul was never from Naboo. Not in the movies, not in their novelizations.
                    1. ...or the survival of a guy burnt alive or Palpatine suddenly having the ability to go into clone bodies...
                    2. If the Jedi Order had met Maul during the Clone Wars, they would have referred to him probably as "the Zabrak Sith Lord" rather than "the Zabrak/Sith Lord from Naboo". This implies that they only met Maul on Naboo.

Comment

Saw this the other day and forgot to post, surprised nobody else did either!

The full Season 5 trailer:

Comment

Thanks for posting that trailer, Digi!!! Looks like several old faces will be back again and we may very well see the fall of the New Mandalorians. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by mandogater; 14 June 2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Blimey, season 5 looks awesome!

Comment

Lots of cool stuff in that trailer, yeah

Some things I thought of note:
                            • Of course, the return of Maul and Savage! Plus it looks like another Maul/Kenobi fight, Maul having designs on killing Dooku, etc
                            • The bit on an insurgency against droids -- Onderon!
                            • That bit with Anakin saying the rebels just need help, did anyone else think that felt like he was having to justify helping the innocent, to whoever he was talking to? (I sense a bit of frustration)
                            • Were those Mandalorians in jetpacks flying down to the surface of Mustafar? That's really what it looked like to me
                            • Pre Viszla standing tall above a massive crowd of Mandalorians to rally them to 'reclaim their birthright as warriors'? Holy crap, yes please! And please kill Satine while you're at it!
                            • The guy with Ahsoka in the Hondo bit (and I think he also appears earlier in the trailer in the Onderon bit), is it just me or is that the Confederacy friend she made in Season 2's Heroes on Both Sides? (And then he showed up again a bit later on)
                            • Hondo's bit in this trailer...
                            • I wooooonder who the guys at the end of the trailer are, with the yellow cloaks that Maul is apparently killing
                            Last edited by DigiFluid; 15 June 2012, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Lots of cool stuff in that trailer, yeah

Some things I thought of note:
                              • Of course, the return of Maul and Savage! Plus it looks like another Maul/Kenobi fight, Maul having designs on killing Dooku, etc
                              • The bit on an insurgency against droids -- Onderon!
                              • That bit with Anakin saying the rebels just need help, did anyone else think that felt like he was having to justify helping the innocent, to whoever he was talking to? (I sense a bit of frustration)
                              • Were those Mandalorians in jetpacks flying down to the surface of Mustafar? That's really what it looked like to me
                              • Pre Viszla standing tall above a massive crowd of Mandalorians to rally them to 'reclaim their birthright as warriors'? Holy crap, yes please! And please kill Satine while you're at it!
                              • The guy with Ahsoka in the Hondo bit (and I think he also appears earlier in the trailer in the Onderon bit), is it just me or is that the Confederacy friend she made in Season 2's Heroes on Both Sides? (And then he showed up again a bit later on)
                              • Hondo's bit in this trailer...
                              • I wooooonder who the guys at the end of the trailer are, with the yellow cloaks that Maul is apparently killing
                              I agree totally, SATINE MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think your right about that being Ahsoka's Confederacy friend.

Hondo gets more entertaining with each appearance.

Comment

Working...
                              X