Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the energy source for near-ascended psionic powers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    SG-1's episode count was surpassed by Smallville in its final season.
    Ah yes, Smallville. I, personally, do not consider Smallville to be sci-fi. I set it aside as a separate genre and aptly a part of the superhero genre. While there were sci-fi elements to the show, it was not strictly science fiction, as there were also plenty of fantasy elements (i.e., magic, witches, etc.) as well as a number of other genres. Given the tendency of superhero stories to include a hodgepodge of genres, to say that a superhero story such as the Smallville television series is science fiction is reaching a bit too far. It would also have to be considered the longest running fantasy series, and supernatural series, and so on. It's how I, personally, interpret that show: as being a part of the superhero genre, not the sci-fi genre. So, as far as I'm concerned, Stargate is still the #1 longest running science fiction series. Of course, I respect any differing opinions that anybody else might have, such as if you believe otherwise. That's fine. In which case, it's simply two people disagreeing on what makes it what it is and, at that point, there is nothing else to say on the matter.
    Are you in the Kansas City area? Do you know any SG fans in the area?
    Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
    What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?
    An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?
    When have you met SG cast or crew (excluding conventions)?
    Stargate Enthusiasts in the Kansas City Area | Being Introduced to Stargate

Comment

Err, Doctor who?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
        Super high-calorie diet. Eggs and meat in the morning, mountains of pasta, platters of potatoes. It never ends. Really quite exhausting.
        Haha!! At worst, biochemical and biophysical analysis of cause unclear, but damn hilarious!!
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Err, Doctor who?
          It first came up when I put forward my belief that Doctor Who (and Star Wars) are Space Fantasy. That was based on my view of Sci-Fi as being about 'what if' scenarios; but Doctor Who and Star Wars being hard to pin down with 'what ifs' means they are something else, namely Space Fantasy.

Then it got complicated when people tried to 'reclaim Stargate's rightful title', and then Smallville came up...

Oddly I think Doctor Who could be argued as a Super Hero serial of sorts.

Also just to clarify one thing, I view the powers displayed by the priors to be directly connected to the pseudo-science of Ancient Astronaut Theorists and therefore still quite solidly within the 'sci-fi range' of Stargate... Doesn't hurt that I find Ancient Astronaut Documentaries hilliarous though and so know a fair bit more than I should about that stuff...
          Last edited by Twilord; 23 August 2012, 11:16 AM.
          With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Comment

Working...
          X