Star Wars Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Discussion

I hope some of you have played those games. I have them all(my Outcast has a problem: When I'm supposed to meet my first Reborn on Bespin it freezes up and then goes back to menu saying "CL_GetServerCommand". Can anyone PLZ help I was really starting to like Outcast and it's secret level) and my definite favourite is Academy. Dark Forces II is great as well(can someone tell me how to get past the red gravity shifter thing in Level 10?) and I like Mysteries of the Sith too(including the secret level). As for Dark Forces, it didn't really hook me up, probably due to the lack of lightsabers and that there was no thirdperson and it was just old too.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

I seem to remember that being a weird Q3 engine bug. I turned up this thread at the Lucasforums, maybe you could try putting that line into your cfg and see if it helps?

As to gameplay tips....gamefaqs, dude. Always gamefaqs. There's an answer there for everything!

Also, DF....what the heck could you want with a 3rd person mode in a sprite-based shooter? *scratches head*
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

My favorite Jedi Knight series game is Jedi Academy, so dang fun, there were a few cheats that one could use in the game since Episode II had come out around the same time, one of those cheats was outfits {Anakin Skywalkers outfit and looks, Qui-Gon's outfit and looks, Mace Windu's lightsaber color, Qui-Gons lightsaber hilt, Darth Mauls outfit and lightsaber hilt {with blue or green blades}} I can't find my copy, I used ot have it a while back, though I still have X-Wing vs TIE Fighter game, which is fun too. but my ulitmate Star Wars game I enjoy the most is Jedi Academy

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I love selecting the Dark and Light endings. Like the Dark where the power of the scepter was mine and I became in charge of the Imperial Remnant or sth. And the Light where I just stayed as a Jedi(the special part here is that Ragnos does get resurrected for some time).
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I seem to remember that being a weird Q3 engine bug. I turned up this thread at the Lucasforums, maybe you could try putting that line into your cfg and see if it helps?

As to gameplay tips....gamefaqs, dude. Always gamefaqs. There's an answer there for everything!

Also, DF....what the heck could you want with a 3rd person mode in a sprite-based shooter? *scratches head*
          I've looked through the Internet and NO ONE knows how to fix that Q3 problem. *Sigh* Might just have to download a savegame from a future level. As for DF... I just like third-person more.

Comment

That's....daft. That's not what it is, tried to be, or was ever meant to be. That's like disliking Doom--the quintessential first-person-shooter--because it has no 3rd person. Or Gears of War because it has no first-person. Or any given RTS because it's top down.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That's....daft. That's not what it is, tried to be, or was ever meant to be. That's like disliking Doom--the quintessential first-person-shooter--because it has no 3rd person. Or Gears of War because it has no first-person. Or any given RTS because it's top down.
              Jedi Academy IMO is the best star wars title ive played on the PC
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't say it was the only thing. Actually, mine also didn't have sound but that's fixed now so maybe I'll like it. The controls were also sort of weird compared to the others.

Comment

Wow, Academy has a LOT of replay value.
                  Male/Female.
                  Light/Dark.
                  All the lightsaber styles.
                  1/2/Staff saber.
                  Going through normally./Going through "cheatily".

Comment

The Force abilities are also rather impressive like Force Sense and Force Heal and my personal favourite, Force Lightning.

Comment

Academy was pretty meh, really. All it was was Outcast's multiplayer, tweaked to add the custom stuff you could already have done with mods. With a boring and half-baked single-player tacked on.

Outcast, on the other hand, was awesome.

Comment

I love Outcast and usually play it all the time, Dark Forces is a favorite game of mine as well. I love old school shooters. The series made Kyle Katarn into probably my favorite EU character.

Comment

I decided to bypass the "CL_GetServerCommand" by just skipping the level. Anyway, right now I've made it into the Lenico Belt(fail Tavion).

Comment

Well, I'm on the Doomgiver, I've finished off Galak Fyyar and I'm leaving for the Academy.
                            Last edited by rushy; 12 May 2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I ran into a problem after I defeated Galak(his cutscene was the BEST thing in the game). It was as if I was swimming in the air. Weird. I had to skip the rest of the level, but now I've made it into the Academy, but I'm stuck at Luke's audience chamber. I'm gonna go find some walkthrough.

Comment

Working...
                              X