Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Discussion

Default Star Wars Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Discussion

I hope some of you have played those games. I have them all(my Outcast has a problem: When I'm supposed to meet my first Reborn on Bespin it freezes up and then goes back to menu saying "CL_GetServerCommand". Can anyone PLZ help I was really starting to like Outcast and it's secret level) and my definite favourite is Academy. Dark Forces II is great as well(can someone tell me how to get past the red gravity shifter thing in Level 10?) and I like Mysteries of the Sith too(including the secret level). As for Dark Forces, it didn't really hook me up, probably due to the lack of lightsabers and that there was no thirdperson and it was just old too.

Default Re: Star Wars Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Discussion

I seem to remember that being a weird Q3 engine bug. I turned up this thread at the Lucasforums, maybe you could try putting that line into your cfg and see if it helps?

As to gameplay tips....gamefaqs, dude. Always gamefaqs. There's an answer there for everything!

Also, DF....what the heck could you want with a 3rd person mode in a sprite-based shooter? *scratches head*

2333 After Return on the Jellicle Homeworld

My favorite Jedi Knight series game is Jedi Academy, so dang fun, there were a few cheats that one could use in the game since Episode II had come out around the same time, one of those cheats was outfits {Anakin Skywalkers outfit and looks, Qui-Gon's outfit and looks, Mace Windu's lightsaber color, Qui-Gons lightsaber hilt, Darth Mauls outfit and lightsaber hilt {with blue or green blades}} I can't find my copy, I used ot have it a while back, though I still have X-Wing vs TIE Fighter game, which is fun too. but my ulitmate Star Wars game I enjoy the most is Jedi Academy
    This is the story about a Jellicle Assassin.
    ~ OFFICAL SILVER MEMBER OF THE DISNEY CRUISE LINE CASTAWAY CLUB ~
    "Please stand clear of my vacation"
    "Por favor, manténgase alejado de mis vacaciones"
    NO PROBLEMS PLEASE!! I AM TRYING TO QUIT!!

I love selecting the Dark and Light endings. Like the Dark where the power of the scepter was mine and I became in charge of the Imperial Remnant or sth. And the Light where I just stayed as a Jedi(the special part here is that Ragnos does get resurrected for some time).

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I seem to remember that being a weird Q3 engine bug. I turned up this thread at the Lucasforums, maybe you could try putting that line into your cfg and see if it helps?

As to gameplay tips....gamefaqs, dude. Always gamefaqs. There's an answer there for everything!

Also, DF....what the heck could you want with a 3rd person mode in a sprite-based shooter? *scratches head*
    I've looked through the Internet and NO ONE knows how to fix that Q3 problem. *Sigh* Might just have to download a savegame from a future level. As for DF... I just like third-person more.

That's....daft. That's not what it is, tried to be, or was ever meant to be. That's like disliking Doom--the quintessential first-person-shooter--because it has no 3rd person. Or Gears of War because it has no first-person. Or any given RTS because it's top down.

That's....daft. That's not what it is, tried to be, or was ever meant to be. That's like disliking Doom--the quintessential first-person-shooter--because it has no 3rd person. Or Gears of War because it has no first-person. Or any given RTS because it's top down.
    Jedi Academy IMO is the best star wars title ive played on the PC
    http://bayimg.com/HAnNnAadJ

I didn't say it was the only thing. Actually, mine also didn't have sound but that's fixed now so maybe I'll like it. The controls were also sort of weird compared to the others.

Wow, Academy has a LOT of replay value.
    Male/Female.
    Light/Dark.
    All the lightsaber styles.
    1/2/Staff saber.
    Going through normally./Going through "cheatily".

The Force abilities are also rather impressive like Force Sense and Force Heal and my personal favourite, Force Lightning.

Academy was pretty meh, really. All it was was Outcast's multiplayer, tweaked to add the custom stuff you could already have done with mods. With a boring and half-baked single-player tacked on.

Outcast, on the other hand, was awesome.

I love Outcast and usually play it all the time, Dark Forces is a favorite game of mine as well. I love old school shooters. The series made Kyle Katarn into probably my favorite EU character.

I decided to bypass the "CL_GetServerCommand" by just skipping the level. Anyway, right now I've made it into the Lenico Belt(fail Tavion).

Well, I'm on the Doomgiver, I've finished off Galak Fyyar and I'm leaving for the Academy.
    Last edited by rushy; May 12th, 2012 at 08:08 AM.

I ran into a problem after I defeated Galak(his cutscene was the BEST thing in the game). It was as if I was swimming in the air. Weird. I had to skip the rest of the level, but now I've made it into the Academy, but I'm stuck at Luke's audience chamber. I'm gonna go find some walkthrough.

I COMPLETED OUTCAST YEAH!! So now I'm playing Dark Forces II, I'm at the level where I have to reach the Moldy Crow before the ship goes down(game chose me light side).

2333 After Return on the Jellicle Homeworld

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    I ran into a problem after I defeated Galak(his cutscene was the BEST thing in the game). It was as if I was swimming in the air. Weird. I had to skip the rest of the level, but now I've made it into the Academy, but I'm stuck at Luke's audience chamber. I'm gonna go find some walkthrough.
    I assume you are on PC yes ? Because I did not run across that problem on the Xbox 360 {as far as I recall it is backwards compbatible with the white 360, not the 360 Elite {the black one}} only on the PC did it happen to me. I do not recall getting stuck in the audience chamber though. the only game I recall getting stuck on was Star Wars Obi-Wan, couldn't complete the Temple Training level because I kept getting stuck at one turn.
    This is the story about a Jellicle Assassin.
    ~ OFFICAL SILVER MEMBER OF THE DISNEY CRUISE LINE CASTAWAY CLUB ~
    "Please stand clear of my vacation"
    "Por favor, manténgase alejado de mis vacaciones"
    NO PROBLEMS PLEASE!! I AM TRYING TO QUIT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    I assume you are on PC yes ? Because I did not run across that problem on the Xbox 360 {as far as I recall it is backwards compbatible with the white 360, not the 360 Elite {the black one}} only on the PC did it happen to me. I do not recall getting stuck in the audience chamber though. the only game I recall getting stuck on was Star Wars Obi-Wan, couldn't complete the Temple Training level because I kept getting stuck at one turn.
    I've fixed the problem(going to Luke's audience chamber is unnecessary, I went the wrong way). But the Galak thing is still a problem not to mention "CL_GetServerCommand" every time I'm supposed to meet my first Reborn on Bespin.

I've completed all the games except Dark Forces and Mysteries of the Sith. With MOTS, I got to the second level. How do I open the big barrier in front of the Imperial base on the asteroid?

Anyone miss the multiplayers on JK or MotS? Cos I'm willing to either host or participate a server. Or even Outcast?