Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoils of War

Hey Guys,

I am back (haven't been here in a long time - I guess I was frustrated that there was ZERO SG on TV...not here, not in the US, Canada or anywhere else - at least none that I have not watched before) and I have a question:

Do you consider it "unfair" that the Spoils of the Wars with the Goa'uld (and later the Ori) have not been divided up equally between the major parties involved (i mean, during WW-II the winners (the Allied-Nations and Russia) divided Germany between them (till they returned our country to us - after getting rid of the leadership that lead us into the IMHO pointless war) so this should happen here, too I think!)

What I want to say is: Our People did a lot of the fighting (and dying!) in these wars and provided our Allies (the Jaffa and the Tok'ra) with supplies, safe-havens and assistance when needed (not to mention that they screwed us over sometimes...like the time when helping them cost us a Goa'uld Ha'tak!) so we should at least get one third of the ships captured by either Jaffa and Tok'ra.

And, let's face it, we could have used them in the time since the Goa'uld were defeated, there were several close calls which could have been avoided if we had more ships (like stopping the super-hive with say 20 of the Ha'taks Anubis upgraded) and I don't even want to think about a fully upgraded mothership...Asgard-Beams and all that!....

So, you turn to answer

greetings LAX

Well the jaffa and tok'ra were allies they helped with the ori when they could.
    sigpic

Comment

Our? Us? We? Since when is Stargate a reality show?
      Hi There!

Comment

you mean its not ? *crys*
        sigpic

Comment

man... it is a figure of speech *shakes his head and sighs*

still, that does not answer the question

greetings LAX
          ps: helping is not the same as giving us "our" fair share of things!

Comment

like splitting up germany was a good idea....

Comment

Are you on about us vs the tokra/jaffa, or us as in earth?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                like splitting up germany was a good idea....
                Well not splitting it up was a mistake after the 1st world war
                sigpic

Comment

Penalizing germany was the problem.

but on topic: Earth did not do a whole lot in the Goauld conflict. I mean, it required Dakara and Oma Desala to defeat Anubis and the Replicators, but the replicators were something we made worse, and the System Lords arguably could've fought Anubis if they weren't so weakened by internal strife.

what we did was causing a lot of trouble and then mopping it up.

Comment

Well lets see. Prior to us, the Tollans and Tok'ra had killed how many system lords? 0. After we came on scene, how many did they kill? IIRC 1. How many did we get? 5-6..

Comment

Yet more people than ever died. Apparently, things were quite peaceful before we killed Ra.

Comment

From what Teal'c said many a time, they were always battling one another.. so there were plenty of deaths prior to us kacking Ra...

Comment

Us... we....

Anyway, remember that before the death of Ra, the System Lords did take care of Sokar and Anubis at one point. I also remember that there was some mention of former System Lords kicked off after being defeated.

In fact, the only thing that truly changed after the death of Ra was an acceleration of powerful System Lords being killed, but not the bickering and petty disputes with each other.
                          Hi There!

Comment

Okay we had Prometheus anyway why fight over a handgun when you have an assault rifle.
                            sigpic

Comment

Prometheus isn't exactly a good ship really. Good for anti-fighter combat sure.
                              Hi There!

Comment

Working...
                              X