Possible SG-1 Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
    Considering the previous two games were canceled before hitting the shelves, I very much doubt that however awesome it would be. IF it is a game then I would suggest they gon to platforms (360, PS3 etc) and NOT an MMO.
    I wouldn't mind either to be honest. The truth is that if ordino(the studio where the info came from) is working on social apps I am inclined to think its going to be some type of social game. Ipad, iphone, and basically with an online component. I personally would want a single player type game but studios tend to not listen.
    I had a feeling something would come. Joe Flanigan Q&A linked below if you want to see whole video hinted that Spyglass who took over MGM wanted to bring back Stargate franchise in some way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0_31TQgO30
    sigpic

Favorite quote:
    McKay: You shot me!
    Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
    Ronon: You shot me, too.
    Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Yes, game. I guess.

http://www.rtva.ad/noticia.aspx?id=35555
      Ordino Studios will produce the game in the series `Stargate`

One of the companies installed in Andorra since the partial opening to foreign investment is Ordino Studies. Audiovisual entity that has been divided into two business segments: The 3D animation and video games. In this last aspect, the company will start work within one month, in a video game based on the U.S. series "Stargate." The result will not be until November and be the first game with interactive application of the franchise series of Metro Goldwyn Mayer, which has transferred the rights to production company in Andorra. The project has made Ordino Studies is preparing to hire 20 people for the project.
      http://www.bondia.ad/index.php?optio...id=43:societat
      An interactive game to take the IOS and Android made in Andorra in the world. This is a video game based on the U.S. series Stargate Ordino Studios that will start producing within a month and in November must be completed with three chapters. If a project like Metro Goldwyn Mayer, who will have the rights to this series that was broadcast over a decade, Ordino n'haurà Studios to produce up to 24 chapters.
      The company has begun recruiting staff with the intention to carry out this project and its head, Jordi Alba, thinks he can be an important first step to Andorra to become an important center of production of video games and animation and then export them abroad.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/governa...in/photostream

http://www.ordinostudios.com/blog/20...n-andorra.html (by Darren Thomas)
      Last edited by Terra Atlantus; 29 April 2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Bring on another Stargate Command / other galaxy SGA/SGU type show. Even a alternate reality show. But don't reboot it. What about an expedition uses the ARD drive thingy from Daedalus Variations to travel to an alternate reality. Where the Earth has fallen to the Goauld and they're over running the galaxy. Our team aboard the Daedalus, have to find a way to rid the galaxy of the evil Goa'uld again! Or have them connect it up to the gate and gate through to another reality. You could even rewrite the history of the races in SG-1, the Tolan never ascended to power, the Nox never joined the four great races and became the bad asses who kill anyone in their path. The Furlings finally get introduced
        Last edited by actuallyliam; 29 April 2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
          Bring on another Stargate Command / other galaxy SGA/SGU type show. Even a alternate reality show. But don't reboot it. What about an expedition uses the ARD drive thingy from Daedalus Variations to travel to an alternate reality. Where the Earth has fallen to the Goauld and they're over running the galaxy. Our team aboard the Daedalus, have to find a way to rid the galaxy of the evil Goa'uld again! Or have them connect it up to the gate and gate through to another reality. You could even rewrite the history of the races in SG-1, the Tolan never ascended to power, the Nox never joined the four great races and became the bad asses who kill anyone in their path. The Furlings finally get introduced
          I could see a spin off show but not an alternate reality, but perhaps 30 years after SG-1 something along those lines. I could be wrong, but I still think its some type of game,but in reality its a feature film with a large budget....
          sigpic

Favorite quote:

Comment

No way is it going to be a feature film. SG-1 does not have that popularity
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              No way is it going to be a feature film. SG-1 does not have that popularity
              I agree, but one can hope.
              sigpic

Favorite quote:

Comment

Seems like a social media game. Could conceivably find some success on Facebook, though I think an interactive iPhone/iPad/Android game that allows people to go through the Gate and explore worlds could be interesting and build up the brand.

As for continuing SG-1, SGU, or SGA, it is possible through various media. Voiceover work is cheaper than live action for obvious reasons, so CGI based extensions of any show are possible. They could even be put out through a social media game network of sorts. The sets are struck, but it does not mean there aren't other options.

If I'm MGM, I look to expand my fanbase with the franchise through various means. A game that uses modern phone tech is a place to start. You can get past SG shows available on mobile, possibly even open up streaming to them through that social game. Put out comics on the series online. Build up the franchise so you can get back to the point where you can launch a new live action series that will have improved ratings and a larger fanbase.

As much as I liked SGU, I think that original formula of action/adventure with comedy thrown in and likeable characters is a winner. I like story arcs, but the general public prefers episodic television.

Comment

all of this doesn't sound like 'sg1'. and, will it be considered *canon* to the history and mythology of the series?

i need more details...
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

i read on gateworld home page about it just being a release of a new game (which to me wouldn't mean anything).

them making the sg-1 third movie would be awesome! and since it would be a movie ,they could film it on a time that works for the cast, and that way they can still do their current shows. of course of the three series i'd rather get an sga movie or a mini series for sgu. but i'd take what ever stargate i get
                    sigpic

Comment

It's probably a game of some sort or a way to watch episodes on your iPhone or iPad.

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's blog:

Originally posted by Mailbag

Tim Bullock writes: “Joe. did you here about the StarGate reboot to be announced at Com-con this Summer in some from?”

Answer: I’m aware of the project, but “reboot” is the wrong term. It implies a new film or television series which isn’t the case here.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

PRobably a comic book
                          sigpic

Comment

I won't mind a comic book/graphic novel, provided that it's well-written, doesn't stray from the atmosphere/'feel'/established lore of the setting, and is illustrated nicely.
                            (The recent Vala comic was 'ok', but could've been much better. The Daniel Jackson one was...a bit, weird...in comparison, the recent Farscape comics were written nicely and had a nice story, but the art was 'so-so' and the latter parts felt too short/rushed story-wise)

An 'animated graphic novel' w/ voice-acting from the cast would be nice, too.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's going to be a lame cell phone game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                                It's going to be a lame cell phone game.
                                I sort of agree. Its going to be an smart phone game. How about getting a real game studio involved....
                                sigpic

Favorite quote:

Comment

Working...
                                X