Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible SG-1 Return

Posted on Facebook SG-1 page

Wow what a day! Tonight the Stargate Convention in Vancouver, is buzzing with excitement about an earlier announcement made by independent producer, Darren Thomas. Fans were treated to previously unreleased news about MGM's collaboration on a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. The scoop from Thomas is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego". But in the meantime stay tuned for more information right here on the SG-1 official MGM page.

Musical?

Comment

no not musical the person was meaning music to our ears as in Awesome its coming back. I think it will be new characters or something like that

Comment

Perhaps more audio books/dramas? (like the upcoming Vala/Daniel/Ba'al ones from Big Finish)

A musical, tho', would be quite 'interesting'.
        sigpic

Comment

That is amazing i am so chuffed love it

Comment

I meant musical.

Great costumes (Jaffa, Goa'ulds), easy story (good vs evil), tweak the story from the original movie with Children of the Gods, write some original songs and you have a success. It will play for years on Broadway.

Comment

I really hope it isn't a musical and that it's something like new sg-1 team same old SGC
              sigpic

Comment

Hello!

I think that any revival of Stargate SG1 would be a good thing. However I hope that it would not be a musical because if it is then only a few people would get to see it. I would hope that whatever the new thing for Stargate would be it would be something that would be on TV so that many fans can see it.

I am just glad to hear that the powers that be are still interested in continuing Stargate. It will be interesting to find out what they have planned.

Comment

I smell a reboot in the works. Which means different storylines....completely different characters and cast...and possibly whole different theme.

I'm not sure if I wanna see a reboot. I like the SG-1 Series as we know it...and I wanna keep it that way. At least for me.
                  sigpic
                  Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                    I smell a reboot in the works. Which means different storylines....completely different characters and cast...and possibly whole different theme.

I'm not sure if I wanna see a reboot. I like the SG-1 Series as we know it...and I wanna keep it that way. At least for me.
                    Think about it this way this would be the perfect jumping on point for new stargate fans and we would end up with all these new fans and more possibility for even more stargate movies and tv shows
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post
                      Think about it this way this would be the perfect jumping on point for new stargate fans and we would end up with all these new fans and more possibility for even more stargate movies and tv shows
                      But they'd probably retcon half of the gate science to make it cooler/simpler and screw up canon for the other three shows.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        But they'd probably retcon half of the gate science to make it cooler/simpler and screw up canon for the other three shows.
                        Then it would just go in two seperate multiverses like they do with most comic books like amazing spiderman is different than the spectacular spiderman
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post
                          Then it would just go in two seperate multiverses like they do with most comic books like amazing spiderman is different than the spectacular spiderman
                          Or something akin to what Abrams did with Star Trek.

I doubt MGM wants to turn their back on all the prior SG series. In fact, creating a new successful series can drive up interest in SG1, SGA, and SGU, possibly creating more syndication revenue for them and more DVD sales in addition to the new series.

Comment

Hello!

I really don't want to go through a reboot either. If there is more Stargate SG1 and they can not have everyone back then have a new SG1 team with a past member or not. I mean this show is too new to have a complete reboot like original Star Trek that was at least much more than 20 years.

I would prefer more Stargate Atlantis or Stargate Universe. They have much more that can be done with them.

I guess we will have to wait and see. When is the convention that the news will come from taking place?

Comment

im excited that the best stargate may be coming back.
                              sigpic
                              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X