Brave New World, Part 2 (422)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    My guess is William Bell is working with The Observers. How else would Bell know how to trap September ? Even September was surprised that he knew about the technology. So obviously the other The Observers told Bell what to do & gave him the means to do it
    Thats probably it. If the Rune really was beyond our Tech, then someone must have given Bell insider Info. Though something doesnt make quite sense to me.

William Bell was about to collapse the Universes and make his own, yet he devised Plans to protect himself from the Observers. If he had succeeded, there would have been no need for that stuff.

Also why should the observers tell a Human the means to fight against them? It somehow doesnt fit.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Such a great way to end this season. Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this. Bring on Season 5.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Anyone else think if they had removed the last scene between Walter & September that it would of been a perfect series finale (as opposed to a season finale)?

I'm wondering if that would of been the edit they would of made if Fringe hadn't been renewed.
        Last edited by Tanith0709; 12 May 2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I'm very glad that the show was renewed.... I enjoyed the episode as a regular part of the series, but I think it would've been a pretty lame series finale.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't know, there was just a sense of resolution to me. Like with Olivia's power gone, her finding out that she was pregnant, Peter finding a new place for them to live etc it was like their 'happy ever ending'. Even small things like Walter finally getting Astrid's name right showed how far he has come. Could even class the Fringe division receiving more funding and Broyles being promoted as being a conclusion.

Though gladly it wasn't a series finale

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I'm very glad that the show was renewed.... I enjoyed the episode as a regular part of the series, but I think it would've been a pretty lame series finale.
              I'm the oppisite. I thought it could have been a fitting series ender had the cut out the final few seconds of the episode, I like that we finally got an answer as to why
              Spoiler:
              Walter asked Bell to cut part of his brian out
              and the answer to how September got shot when he visited Olivia during the first quarter of the Season.

Fringe division in the Blue/Amberverse now has a full science department! Walter's going to be overwelmed next Season

Comment

Good episode. They have done a good job at making this episode into a semi-series finale in case it was not renewed.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

This episode would have worked for me as a series finale, if it had to. Luckily, it did not. They have time to tell more of this amazing story.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    This episode would have worked for me as a series finale, if it had to. Luckily, it did not. They have time to tell more of this amazing story.
                    I really didn't get any closure from that episode at all. The main enemy was still at large and William Bell was MIA as well.

I was so thinking Olivia was going to forget about Peter (or revert to her "this timeline" self) since the drugs were now clean from her system.

I still want our Walter and our Astrid back. No more new timeline, I want the original back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                      Anyone else think if they had removed the last scene between Walter & September that it would of been a perfect series finale (as opposed to a season finale)?

I'm wondering if that would of been the edit they would of made if Fringe hadn't been renewed.
                      Nope because then The Observers would win. Thanks to Episode 19. Had they never aired Episode 19 & had a different scene at the end. Then maybe

Comment

I thought it was a good season ender, setting up a load of stuff to deal with in the final 13 episodes.

Being Fringe, Peter and Olivia will get a happy never after ending. There will be some awful twist, the fact that everything was set up as so perfect means it will unravel in a really tragic way. I just can't help feeling this will happen.

Walter's idea of brain surgery was wonderfully quirky, casually poking things through her brain, although totally cringe inducing as I couldn't help watching in disbelief as to what he was doing, creating the exit wound because there wasn't one!!! *shudder*

I can never stop marveling as to how many bizarre ways Fringe can find to mutilate, injure, and kill a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          Walter's idea of brain surgery was wonderfully quirky, casually poking things through her brain, although totally cringe inducing as I couldn't help watching in disbelief as to what he was doing, creating the exit wound because there wasn't one!!! *shudder*

I can never stop marveling as to how many bizarre ways Fringe can find to mutilate, injure, and kill a human being!
                          That's the thing, he wasn't casual about it at all. He was tearing up and shaking. He had to stop himself right before shoving the metal stick in there. John Noble did a terrific, just amazing job at displaying the duality of keeping control while frighten of the potential loss.

Comment

I thought the removal of the bullet was actually kind of hilarious....when he was holding the thing up at the end of the metal pipe, I thought he'd finagled some kind of magnet to attach it to the end of the stick and pull it out. I cracked right up when, instead, he tapped it out like the tube was a pool cue
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                              That's the thing, he wasn't casual about it at all. He was tearing up and shaking. He had to stop himself right before shoving the metal stick in there. John Noble did a terrific, just amazing job at displaying the duality of keeping control while frighten of the potential loss.
                              I agree...he did an excellent job!
                              sigpic

Comment

Both actors did an amazing job, especially with the role reversal bit (usually it is Peter keeping a cool head while Walter looses it, this time it was Peter falling apart with Walter taking charge).

I must admit I did laugh quiet hard when Walter smacked Peter, then hid behind my hands while he played pool in her head...

Comment

Working...
                                X