Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so there ARE still other Scapers out there...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so there ARE still other Scapers out there...!

Sorry if this is a bit of a weird first post...

The point I was trying to make in the title is that I decided today to finally join some sort of Farscape forum ('cause most people I know offline and possibly online have never seen it for some reason )...and this was the first one I found that had been posted to recently. I had originally planned to join the forum at Claudia Black Online, as I'm mainly a CB/Aeryn (and - as of recently - Vala ) fan, but it looks like nothing's really happened there since 2009, and signing up to post messages to myself or nobody would be rather strange, even for me (and I'm not the most conventional of people ).

So basically, whoever you all are, thank you for being here...unless this whole forum's some kind of heat-delirium-induced hallucination(!) [...I've spent all week, like most weeks, working in a very hot office. ]

~St?r [aka "St*r with a star, not Star with an a"]
    ~St*r: sort of like a cross between Aeryn and Vala, but shorter and probably wearing a tiara~

Oh yes

This forum doesn't get as much traffic as others on the board (which I do encourage you to check out), but it still gets more talk than a lot of defunct series! Especially when someone new starts watching for the first time; that's always fun to follow and along with them.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      when someone new starts watching for the first time; that's always fun to follow and along with them.
      Not me, by the way...I watched Farscape back when it was first on the BBC (I'm in the UK)

Been meaning to re-watch it all, though, having bought the DVD box sets with Christmas/birthday money a few months back...just need to set aside a load of time to watch properly and really enjoy it, rather than half-watching while doing something else. I have, however, managed to start wearing boots to work and using the word "frell" rather more than I used to - I'm calling it my Aerynaissance
      ~St*r: sort of like a cross between Aeryn and Vala, but shorter and probably wearing a tiara~

Comment

Oh no, I got that from your first post

I was just saying, around here it's a lot of fun when someone decides to do a first-time watch and all the fans here participate in the thread.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just like inserting Farscape words into my posts from time to time. Its frellin drad
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

frellnic
            sigpic

Comment

Nice to meet another Scaper! I watched it recently and at one time tried to join a few boards, but the two I did join never activated my account. Being a probie can be a drag at first but it won't last long...
              sigpic

Comment

Farscape is VERY cool storytelling.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Being a probie can be a drag at first but it won't last long...
                  I hope not...it's pretty frelling annoying that I don't yet have the authoritah (to quote Cartman) to make my profile (avatar/signature/etc) as individualistic as I am ;-) Also hoping I'll be able to post pictures at some point, as one of my (bit weird) hobbies is putting hopefully-amusing captions on pictures, which I've mostly been doing with Aeryn and Vala pictures lately. Obviously I'm not intending to put any Vala pics here, as she's from a different part of the Uncharted Territories, unless she's stolen the secrets of wormhole technology and popped over to Moya for a visit...!

While I'm here...
                  1) I think it's a bit ironic that I've found more Scapers on a Stargate forum than I did on the overtly Farscape ones
                  2) St*r has been my internet name for years, but....does anyone get what the second part's a reference to?

Comment

You can thank the lovely spammers for having to go through probie.

There is a Claudia Black Wow thread floating around somewhere. I'll have to find the link for you.

hahah found it.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/1...hread/page1072
                    sigpic

Comment

I will always consider myself a Scaper.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by St*r:chickwithpun View Post
                        I hope not...it's pretty frelling annoying that I don't yet have the authoritah (to quote Cartman) to make my profile (avatar/signature/etc) as individualistic as I am ;-) Also hoping I'll be able to post pictures at some point, as one of my (bit weird) hobbies is putting hopefully-amusing captions on pictures, which I've mostly been doing with Aeryn and Vala pictures lately. Obviously I'm not intending to put any Vala pics here, as she's from a different part of the Uncharted Territories, unless she's stolen the secrets of wormhole technology and popped over to Moya for a visit...!

While I'm here...
                        1) I think it's a bit ironic that I've found more Scapers on a Stargate forum than I did on the overtly Farscape ones
                        2) St*r has been my internet name for years, but....does anyone get what the second part's a reference to?
                        1) Yeah, absolutely. But GW is huge so you're bound to find some who like just about any sci-fi show here.
                        2) Nope...

It'll be a while before you can get your own avatar, something like 2000 posts, but you'll be able to access the GW gallery as soon as you get off probie status. That's when you'll be able to post a sig as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          It'll be a while before you can get your own avatar, something like 2000 posts
                          To clarify, I believe that's the magic number for being able to upload custom avvies. I think once you're off probie status you're free to pick from GW's pre-approved gallery until then.
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 15 April 2012, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Its really too bad that Farscape is really not that well-known outside the sci-fi community. In my experience non sci fi fans have heard of StarTrek, StarWars, and even stargate most probably because it ran for ten years plus additional series. I loved Stargate more as a kid because of the humor and adventure but now that I am no longer a kid. I appreciate Farscape a little more for its character development,writing, funky humor, and romance. Great tale. Should have had two more seasons as planned. Claudia Black also keeps moving up my list on favorite actors for the Tv shows, and especially her voice work in video games. so yes I am still a Scaper.
                            sigpic

Favorite quote:
                            McKay: You shot me!
                            Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                            Ronon: You shot me, too.
                            Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Three replies in one, as I know some forums get annoyed if people post multiple messages in a row...

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                              There is a Claudia Black Wow thread floating around somewhere. I'll have to find the link for you.

hahah found it.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/1...hread/page1072
                              [Wow! I started posting a reply to this on my iPod a few days ago, and it disappeared...but my laptop seems to have found it so here's a modified version - I was getting fed up with trying to type quickly on my iPod anyway, as the letters don't show up straight away if I type fast, and I end up with stupid autocorrected irrelevancies like "orrery"(??!) which kind of sounds like an alien name.]

Thanks for the link...oddly enough, I started reading that thread a little while ago before actually registering here, but stopped when it got to a point where people were talking about Stargate episodes with Vala in that I haven't seen yet. I've bought all of them on DVD, but haven't got round to watching that many yet. One of my personal highlights was when Vala found and wore a tiara, 'cause she's like me in that respect, except I bought mine. I was wearing it last week (while watching the Grand National - bit random) for no apparent reason other than it's shiny and my (real) name means 'princess'.
                              ...Also stopped trying to read that entire thread because it's like 1000 pages long or something!* Probably won't be reading it right now as it's nearly midnight here in England and I have work tomorrow.

[*= bit like one of my typical forum posts, then...! )

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I just like inserting Farscape words into my posts from time to time. Its frellin drad
                              Never mind posts, I use them in real life sometimes...mostly as euphemisms in situations where normal Earth swearing might get me into trouble - most people don't understand Farspeak so I can say whatever dren I want and nobody's offended (they're probably just confused and looking at me like I'm fahrbot). Also, the other day I realised I'd forgotten to bring something to work with me, and genuinely exclaimed "Frell!" (to my mum, who was giving me a lift to work and has seen Farscape).

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I think once you're off probie status you're free to pick from GW's pre-approved gallery until then.
                              I misread that as "free to nick from GW's approved gallery" ('nick' being a usually British slang term for 'steal')...! Has my brain gone into thieving Vala mode [despite being on the Farscape board]?

Comment

Working...
                              X