Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so there ARE still other Scapers out there...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape should have been cancelled after it's been through at least ten seasons, not four. (Though I admit that the fourth season was bad).
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I do agree that Farscape had 'more to tell', and could've done with more seasons, but I don't think that the 4th season was bad.

If anything, had it ended there and then (i.e., with 'Bad Timing'), it would still have been a good (if tragic) conclusion, IMHO.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by St@r:chickwithpun View Post
        I misread that as "free to nick from GW's approved gallery" ('nick' being a usually British slang term for 'steal')...! Has my brain gone into thieving Vala mode [despite being on the Farscape board]?
        Well, I guess that's not exactly incorrect either, is it?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I had originally planned to join the forum at Claudia Black Online, as I'm mainly a CB/Aeryn (and - as of recently - Vala ) fan, but it looks like nothing's really happened there since 2009, and signing up to post messages to myself or nobody would be rather strange, even for me (and I'm not the most conventional of people )
          Yeah. CBO is quite quiet. I still post there (I try for once a week), but it's mostly in the video games section (and there are only a few people who reply).
          Maybe things will pick up if Claudia Black has a new project that's released or something (Strange Frame, perhaps?).
          sigpic

Comment

Bad Timing - My ending would've been that John(through some way) turns into "Evil Scorpy" mode again and Aeryn would be "OH NOT THAT AGAIN". And then Crichton injures or kills Aeryn and goes back to Moya, and starts working on that wormhole knowledge again. Then we have an epilogue in which Scorpius uses the knowledge against the Scarrans("Scorpton" killed the Moya crew or they were taken prisoner by either side) and takes command over the Peacekeepers with his right-hand man, the evil Scorpy-John. The wormhole knowledge is eventually used to annihilate Earth.

Alternate Alternate Ending: Scorpius fails to shut down the wormhole which destroys the universe, including Earth.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              Farscape should have been cancelled after it's been through at least ten seasons, not four. (Though I admit that the fourth season was bad).
              really, season 4 was my favorite season.

yeah, i remember when i first watched it (last summer ) and i too couldn't find any boards to join, but i was already posting on gateworld, so i just went on this forum.
              sigpic

Comment

I've been rewatching lately, forgot what a great series this was. Such a shame it ended there..

Comment

This show is what I would consider a timeless classic.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Of course there are Scapers out there!
                    I think the most active Scaper forum is Terra Firma. There are also two large groups on Facebook (Scapers and Posse).
                    I remember refusing to watch it twice because of heavy "human drama" moods. Then I finally agreed to watch it and went completely fahrbot. I don't think my better half knew what he was signing up for when he scaped me
                    sigpic

Comment

I remember being so happy when my wife ended up enjoying Farscape as much as I did. She just loved the entire John/Aeryn story.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Have just gotten through to the half way point of season 2 and I have to say, I wish I had discovered this show sooner. All the episodes have liven up to my expectations and I no doubt if it hadn't gotten the chop after four years, I reckon this show could have lasted at least 9 to 10 years (at least!)

I really love how season two has shaped up so far, we see John getting used to his surroundings in season one and trying to adjust to being away from earth with these new being friends of his, but as season 1 progressed he definetly developed a relationship with Aeuron (SP?) and really love these two characters and how they interact together.

The storylines itself combines alot of humanity, moods and drama with a light humor. I think with these types ofs hows you have to get that quite, I believe Farscape managed to do this, as well as Sanctuary (but in retrospect both shows are entirely different)

I got a whole stack of favourite episodes that I wish I could list just out of the first season and first half of the second season, but I won't. I don't want to discriminate against other episodes. (I've got a real weird sense of humor!).

All the characters have great foundations, and I really like Zhann, she is quite an interested and conflicting character. Balancing with her beliefs of her priesthood and then with her struggle to contain that inner violent that she has. I was so glad in a way that she was able to reach out to John in the first season before the other characters. I really like that bondship that they had in season one.

As much as I like Rigel and his idiotic ways and can be pure funny - but his sould being transffered into John's body - was so wrong on so many levels!! Haha!

Anyone know any fan sites that are currently hosting any screen captures for Farscape? I'd love to get some fan art done for this now my no 1 show!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
                          Anyone know any fan sites that are currently hosting any screen captures for Farscape? I'd love to get some fan art done for this now my no 1 show!
                          Farscape Caps
                          also Crash Debris (Ben-centric caps from his entire career)
                          sigpic

Comment

Cheers. **here have a Rigel Dominatrix costume!"

I never want to see Rigel in a dominatrix costume in between Crighten's legs ever again. That scene was so wrong on so many levels! But entirely funny! LOL.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
                              I never want to see Rigel in a dominatrix costume in between Crighten's legs ever again. That scene was so wrong on so many levels! But entirely funny! LOL.
                              I don't remember that scene...probably for the best, as it sounds decidedly kinkoid.
                              ~St*r: sort of like a cross between Aeryn and Vala, but shorter and probably wearing a tiara~

Comment

I don't remember that scene...probably for the best, as it sounds decidedly kinkoid.
                                That scene is worth remembering. It was hilarious.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X