• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Syfy! Suggest New Programs and a Name for the network

Hi everyone,

Here is a quote I made from another thread which explains things:
    Please keep things utterly ruthless and witty, yet family friendly

Do you know what goes on in the mind of a Syfy exec?

The serious part of me asking the question is thinking that Comcast bought 51% of NBCUniversal and now they want a profitable network, whether it's scifi or not: Wrestling being a kind of fantasy, just not my kind of fantasy. It's funny because I'd like a show I follow to have a beginning, middle and planned end:I'm not that interested in the industry practice that starts programs and cuts them abruptly.

With all the networks planning reality shows, why does Syfy think it has to move away from its genre? I just looked at Syfy's latest reality show "Total Blackout" where contestants compete, yes, in the dark. I think Syfy should adopt the name "TB" for their network, because it's somehow appropriate given their decisions ... they could also try to become the Total World Domination Network, or TWDN (as in two names down, one to go) for short.
    I also suggest "Test Flight" where average people compete to become test pilots, and "X Prize" where average people design, build and test new sub-orbital ship designs. Safety equipment is optional.

And finally, as a 3rd generation name for the Scifi network, I suggest the Fantasy Reality network, so that no show can be excluded, which becomes the Fa'Real network for short.

In complete, utter seriousness, for real, Dean

The Wrestling Network

"Wrestle Greater"...... "Greater Wrestling?"
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Naa... why should we help SyFy ? Its their own fault that they have nothing left to watch... and Im outside the US I cant even watch SyFy even if i wanted to!
      sigpic

Comment

The Fail Network

or

NSA Network aka:

Spoiler:
        Not Scifi Anymore Network

Comment

why create a new network when they had a useful network but got rid of all the shows people wanted to populate it with.

suck an egg.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            The Fail Network

or

NSA Network aka:

Spoiler:
            Not Scifi Anymore Network

I love it!

Comment

They proved their lack of understanding when they renamed the channel Syfy as a way to appear hip and young. Their excuse was that they wanted to encompass all the possibilities of sci fi, but they do not.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
              X