This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justice at last

Today, at 6:19 PM local time, a man named David Gore was pronounced dead. You may have never heard of him, but he is rather infamous in the town of Vero Beach, Florida. It was Gore, along with his cousin Fred Waterfield, that was responsible for the rape and murder of 6 young women in this town and the surrounding area in the early eighties. One of those women was my father's first wife.

Now, after many years, my family as well as the families of five other victims can have one small measure of closure.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/apr/...-row-executed/

(sorry if this violates any rules. I felt that people deserved to know that there is one less monster in the world)
    sigpic

Whlie I don't agree with the death penalty, I don't think the world is any worse off without him in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ben 'teal'c would win!!' noble View Post
      whlie i don't agree with the death penalty, i don't think the world is any worse off without him in it.
      qft
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
        Whlie I don't agree with the death penalty, I don't think the world is any worse off without him in it.
        I can't say the world is demonstrably safer without him now as opposed to 48 hours before he died, either.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          I can't say the world is demonstrably safer without him now as opposed to 48 hours before he died, either.
          Perhaps. But a town in Florida can breathe a sigh of relief that part of their dark past is now behind them.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            Perhaps. But a town in Florida can breathe a sigh of relief that part of their dark past is now behind them.
            If the purpose of sentencing is to make the victims and those that are emotionally attached to the victims feel avenged, then sure.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

besides if revenge were the purpose of execution then the state would at least let the family of the victims take care of this

I read there were protests outside his cell against his execution? I thought he himself had confessed to all those killings so it's not like there were doubts about his guilt...or were there?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                besides if revenge were the purpose of execution then the state would at least let the family of the victims take care of this

I read there were protests outside his cell against his execution? I thought he himself had confessed to all those killings so it's not like there were doubts about his guilt...or were there?
                Might it have been an old fashioned anti-capital punishment protest?
                My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                  Might it have been an old fashioned anti-capital punishment protest?
                  sucky choice of "victim" then ain't it?
                  I mean with all those in that country on death row who've been wrongfully convicted, or rightfully convicted but for "lesser" crimes, they had to pick this one to defend?

("don't kill this cold-blooded serial killer! it's wrong!" lol )

I may be against execution but in cases like this I won't get out of my way to stop it either

Comment

sucky choice of "victim" then ain't it?
                    I mean with all those in that country on death row who've been wrongfully convicted, or rightfully convicted but for "lesser" crimes, they had to pick this one to defend?

("don't kill this cold-blooded serial killer! it's wrong!" lol )

I may be against execution but in cases like this I won't get out of my way to stop it either
                    There's nothing wrong with defending the right to life of a convicted killer. Not wanting to execute him is totally different from wanting to let him go or in any way excusing what he did.

Comment

i feel like show Gen Chris that guy i posted about on the Political Thread
                      sigpic
                      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

There's nothing wrong with defending the right to life of a convicted killer.
                        it is if you can spend this time & energy defending other convicts who are more deserving of it

and heck it's not so much that he's a 'convict'. conviction is irrelevant, only guilt is relevant
                        this bloke here is a killer and not the most "defendable" of them either

Not wanting to execute him is totally different from wanting to let him go or in any way excusing what he did.
                        not wanting to execute him is totally different from wanting to not execute him

Comment

It all depends on what you consider to be valuable use of time. I don't consider any campaign to save people from death row to be a waste of time, but I understand that some would.

Comment

He not only confessed he showed them where he hid the bodies, or at least where he dumped them in some cases...In my dad's wife's case, there was no body; he fed her to the alligators.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't consider any campaign to save people from death row to be a waste of time, but I understand that some would.
                              it's more a question of priorities (some people even being off the priority list)

while you're "campaigning" to have a real serial killer saved, another murder convict - say this time an innocent one (and there's likely plenty of them) - will be offed. he might have been saved if you'd campaigned for him instead. how would you feel then??

Comment

Working...
                              X