X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Episode
    Camelot

Best Cameron Moment
    Mitchell stands falsely accused of murder after alien technology is used to graft the memory of the gruesome event into his mind. ("Collateral Damage")

Best Daniel Moment
    Daniel coming face-to-face with the Ori, evil ascended beings bent on conquering our galaxy -- now that they have learned from him that humans live there. ("Origin")

Best Sam Moment
    Sam working alongside Orlin to help stop the prior plaque from spreading on Earth ("The Fourth Horseman")

Best Teal'c Moment
    Teal'c is captured and tortured by Baal, who hopes to sway the Jaffa to his side in the hopes of keeping the Ori out of the Milky Way ("Stronghold")

Best Vala Moment
    Vala risking her life to stop the construction of an Ori Supergate, and is lost. (Beachhead)

Best Landry Moment
    Landry confronts an Ori Prior face-to-face, and is striken with the same disease that is now pandemic on Earth ("The Fourth Horseman Part 2")

Best Team Moment
    SG-1 (along with other alien races) coming together to try to stop the Ori incursion ("Camelot")

Best Alien Race
    The Sodan ("Babylon")

Best Villain
    Ba'al ("Ex Dues Machina")

Coolest Technology
    Ori Warships ("Camelot")

Best Guest Star
    Teryl Rothery as Dr. Fraiser (Ripple Effect)

Comment

Hello everyone, I joined yesterday ONLY to participate to this pole^^ great idea, I wish I had heard of it before.. I'm not a native english speaker and I hope you'll understand my post, cheers!

Best Episode: Although I enjoyed, as a fan^^ and for obvious reasons the episode "ripple effect", it's not according to me the best episode in terms of quality.. I loved and will therefore give my vote to "Origin" especially for the performance of the priors (perfect starkness) and Julian Sands, as the Doci, who gave, thanks to his natural majesty, the tone of greatness required to introduce properly Origin and the Ori to the audience.

Best Cameron Moment: In "Babylon", at this point we don't really know Mitchell's personality so well, and I remember thinking when I first watched the episode that this guy was surprisingly adaptable and genuine during his training with the Sodans..ok, I thought, here's the military that replaces O'Neill, as a soldier, he's got a strong physical endurance and doesn't question himself too much..

Best Daniel Moment: I thought Daniel's character was a bit 'flat' in this season in spite of his role in "Avalon" and "Origin" and maybe is it because of Michael Shanks's acting? that I found a bit easy and warmed over.. but still, I love Daniel of course, his meeting with the Doci in "Origin" was the most interesting.

Best Sam Moment: like many, and I'll quote Krisz, "Sam floating in space watching helplessly as the last ditch efforts to stop the supergate activating fail and the Ori invasion fleet comes through. ‘Camelot’"..I know it's difficult to pack everything in only 45minutes, but I would have loved to feel more of her solitude and despair through her point of view.. brilliant dramatic scene!

Best Teal'c Moment: I really liked Teal'c trying to show off his 'extensive' knowledge of Earth culture.. loved the whole conversation about Vala being impregnated without copulation and its famous Tealc's quote:"Dark Vader" but what cracked me up the most was when he confirms it to Vala's "really?" saying "hm" so confidently^^ the Easter Bunny moment was funny as well, but as a whole scene I'll vote for the bit in "Crusade"

Best Vala Moment: Like Vala a lot, the actress too.. her return when she's pregnant isn't her best acting though.. In "the powers that be", I loved Vala impersonating Qetesh so shamelessly^^ especially when she's watching the 'theatre perfomance" of her poor fooled subjects..hahaha, that's gold

Best Team Moment: like some others, I was so happy when the team is back together as sg1 in "ex deus machina".. But I'll go for the pregnancy conversation in "Crusade" ..ok, Daniel's not here but somehow he is (funny bits in the camera)

Best Alien Race: The proud Sodan warriors, nice sense of Ethic when they turned down the prior's offer of ascension..

Best Villain: difficult choice here..the Doci was magnificient, the Priors are cool too so devoted and (+literally) blinded by their religion but I'll vote fo BAAL, clever, realist, adaptable and charming!!

Coolest Technology: Arthur's Mantle!!.. very handy technology and also funny..'Why don't they just phase through the floor?' The supergate was also surely very impressive..

Best Guest Star: another difficult choice cos there are so many really good actors!! loved Cameron Bright, he made a great perfomance as Orlin, so adorable. Wow, Denethor was in the show! John Noble's performance wasn't his best but still..Denethor!! Obviously I'm a great fan of Julian Sands, plus his contribution to set the tone as the Doci was crucial to the show according to me.. but Wallace Shawn as Arlos in "the ties that bind" was TERRIFIC, the way he told his passionate and carnal love experience with Vala is just pitiful and deliciously perverse

Comment

Best Episode (Season Nine)
        Camelot

Best Cameron Moment
        Determination to solve the conspiracy murder in Collateral Damage

Best Daniel Moment
        His war of words against the Prior in The Powes That Be

Best Sam Moment
        Tracking down the Seatle bomb in Ex Deus Machina

Best Teal'c Moment
        Overcoming mind control and fooling Ba'al in Stronghold

Best Vala Moment
        Risking her life to alert the SGC about the coming Ori invasion in Crusade

Best Team Moment
        Each person using their skill to prepare for the coming invasion in Camelot

Best Alien Race
        the Sodan

Best Villain
        Ba'al

Coolest Technology
        Supergate

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
        Julian Sands as the Doci
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Best Episode (Season Nine)
          "Camelot"

Best Cameron Moment
          Pressing forward to solve the murder he was framed for, even after having his name cleared. ("Collateral Damage")

Best Daniel Moment
          Refusing to give up in his pursuit of peace for Tegalus, only for Rand and Caledonia to destroy each other shortly after SG-1 leaves the planet. ("Ethon")

Best Sam Moment
          Launching a plan to disable the second Supergate, to fall moments short and be set adrift while the Ori fleet effortlessly destroys the Milky Way defense. ("Camelot")

Best Teal'c Moment
          Leading Gerak to the Jaffa memorial at Tazek'sur and challenging his faith in the Ori, convincing him to save Earth from an Ori plague at the cost of his own life. ("The Fourth Horseman, Part 2")

Best Vala Moment
          Sick of being ignored, taking off on her own to steal Gerak's nearby Teltak and wedging it into the Supergate to destroy it. ("Beachhead")

Best Team Moment
          Each of the team putting forth in their individual efforts (Sam racing to fix the hyperdrive, Cam and Teal'c leading the 302s, Daniel being Daniel) when Prometheus is disabled by the Ori satellite, and are left stranded on the planet when the ship is destroyed. ("Ethon")

Best Alien Race
          The Ori ("Origin")

Best Villain
          President Nadal ("Ethon")

Coolest Technology
          Ori Warship ("Camelot")

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
          Louis Gossett Jr. as Gerak ("The Fourth Horseman, Part 2")

Comment

Thanks for the nominations, everyone! Watch GateWorld for the official ballot in the next day or so.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Here is the official ballot for April. Vote between now and the end of the month at GateWorld!

SG-1 SEASON NINE: OFFICIAL BALLOT

Vote for one per category. (All fields are required.)

Best Episode (SG-1 Season Nine)
              • Origin
              • Beachhead
              • Ripple Effect
              • Arthur's Mantle
              • Camelot

Best Cameron Moment
              • Mitchell pushes himself through the grueling and unrelenting training of the Sodan to prove himself and get through to their leader, Lord Haikon. ("Babylon")
              • Mitchell suffers from horrible visions and stands falsely accused of murder after alien technology is used to graft the memory of the gruesome event into his mind. ("Collateral Damage")
              • Mitchell is determined to solve the murder for which he was framed, even after his own name is cleared. ("Collateral Damage")

Best Daniel Moment
              • Daniel is forced to watch Vala burn to death, and comforts her after she is miraculously resurrected by a Prior of the Ori. ("Avalon, Part 2")
              • When he is brought before the Doci Daniel comes face-to-face with the Ori themselves -- evil ascended beings bent on conquering our galaxy -- and warns them that the humans there will fight back. ("Origin")
              • Daniel publicly debates a Prior on their behalf of the people of P8X-412, arguing that like the Goa'uld before them the Ori are not gods. ("The Powers That Be")

Best Sam Moment
              • Sam works side-by-side with Orlin to help stop the Prior plaque after he returns to corporeal form as a child, and visits him after he loses his memories entirely. ("The Fourth Horseman, Part 2")
              • Carter is shifted into another dimension with Mitchell and must figure out a way to communicate with her friends at the S.G.C. ("Arthur's Mantle")
              • After a failed attempt to go EVA and disable the Supergate, Carter watches helplessly as Ori warships decimate a fleet of ships from the allied races from the Milky Way. ("Camelot")

Best Teal'c Moment
              • Teal'c and Bra'tac rally the Free Jaffa against Gerak when he throws his support behind the Ori. ("The Fourth Horseman, Part 2")
              • After a heated debate, Teal'c takes Gerak -- now an Ori Prior -- to a Jaffa memorial site and convinces him to save Earth from an Ori plague at the cost of his own life. ("The Fourth Horseman, Part 2")
              • Teal'c is captured and tortured by Baal, and pretends to be brainwashed when Baal orders him to kill Bra'tac -- only to turn the tables and kill one of Baal's clones. ("Stronghold")

Best Vala Moment
              • Vala uses a healing device to try and help the people she once wronged, now striken with the Prior plague, even though it takes a demanding physical toll on her. ("The Powers That Be")
              • With the Ori on the verge of gaining a beachhead in the Milky Way, Vala risks her life to pilot a cargo ship to destroy the Supergate before it can be activated. ("Beachhead")
              • Pregnant and trapped in another galaxy, Vala remains defiant when she is chained up as an unbeliever -- unaware that she is being tested not by followers of the Ori but by the resistance movement. ("Crusade")

Best Landry Moment
              • When Earth's plan to destroy the Supergate goes awry, Landry demands answers from Nerus -- finally using the threat of starvation to coerce the gluttonous Goa'uld. ("Beachhead")
              • After confronting an Ori Prior face-to-face, General Landry is striken with the same disease that has become pandemic on Earth. ("The Fourth Horseman, Part 2")
              • The General tangles with Colonel Chekov and the Chinese representative over the use of the Stargate, discovering that their tough talk is intended to secure the Russians their own Daedalus-class battleship. ("Crusade")

Best Team Moment
              • Along with Vala, the reunited SG-1 take off on the Prometheus to stop the Ori from establishing a beachhead in our galaxy, leading to a sacrifice by a valuable member of the team. ("Beachhead")
              • Cameron Mitchell hands out SG-1 badges to Samantha Carter and Daniel Jackson, signifying that the "band" is officially back together. ("Ex Deus Machina")
              • Having assembled an alliance of enemies and allies from all over the galaxy, SG-1 works together at the Supergate to try to stop a full-scale Ori invasion of our galaxy. ("Camelot")

Best Alien Race (Season Nine)
              • The Ori ("Origin")
              • Tenat and Jup's race ("The Ties That Bind")
              • The Sodan ("Babylon")

Best Villain
              • The Doci ("Origin")
              • Nerus ("Beachhead")
              • Baal ("Ex Deus Machina")
              • Khalek ("Prototype")
              • President Nadal of the Rand Protectorate ("Ethon")

Coolest Technology
              • Supergate ("Beachhead")
              • Merlin's dimension-shifting device ("Arthur's Mantle")
              • Ori warships ("Camelot")

Best Guest Star
              • Julian Sands as the Doci ("Origin")
              • Cameron Bright as Orlin ("The Fourth Horseman, Part 1")
              • Louis Gossett, Jr. as Gerak ("The Fourth Horseman, Part 2")
              • Teryl Rothery as Janet Fraiser ("Ripple Effect")
              • Robert Picardo as Richard Woolsey ("The Scourge")
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
              X