Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did aliens FUND their huge operations?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest. The SGC is so expensive, because Earth needs an adhoc power source and a full gate operations team.

If you have a DHD and the gate is just part of your culture but wouldn't cost much at all. Do the Goa'uld operate a 'Stargate programme'? No. They make use of one in their conventional operations, because it's so inbuilt.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

slaves, torture, supposed invincibility
      but the important thing MONEY!
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Well clearly what happened with the Goa'uld was they were going fine but then they chose to choose 2 people called the Leyman brothers as hosts. After that SG-1 and the Tok'ra were able to destroy them all with the trade market.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          To be honest. The SGC is so expensive, because Earth needs an adhoc power source and a full gate operations team.

If you have a DHD and the gate is just part of your culture but wouldn't cost much at all. Do the Goa'uld operate a 'Stargate programme'? No. They make use of one in their conventional operations, because it's so inbuilt.
          Exactly. $ 7 billion in season 1. I doubt Jaffa are paid either but are given stuff for loyal service. Their weapons and supplies are probably produced by slaves, loyal humans and Jaffa.
          Hi There!

Comment

did anyone find out the and i quote General Hammond
            'how much money Kinsey put on a SGC member's head'?
            sigpic
            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Purely based upon observed production methods, i'd conclude the following:

-The only real thing of value to the Asgard is neutronium. anything else can be replicated. food, shelter, medicine, technology. Money would not exist, everything belongs to everyone.

-The Goa'uld are evil oppressors who take what they want. slaves are forced to build their stuff, and the naquahdah they use is mined by slaves. their Jaffa are kept in line both by fear and necessity of Goauld symbionts, so everything is free to them.

-The Ori are ascended, so any real material would be of no value to them. their worshippers more or less are slaves, so the Goauld situation kind of applies.

-the Wraith grow everything, so production costs are zero. their also feed on humans, so food costs nothing, and they seem to have no civilians whatsoever.

-the Ancients, Nox and Furlings likely have the same scenario as the Asgard.

anyone i missed?

Earth has money because sufficient effort is involved with production and material acquiring. Plus, it also stimulates a human's efforts, so it works. if production and mining gets so advanced that it costs practically nothing, or if the methods of mining and producing are non-voluntairy and unpaid, basically no money is required anymore

Comment

Hello!

I am sure that for say the Goa'uld would take whatever they needed to wage war.

I have a question. If a Goa'uld System Lord were to order his or her Jaffa to torture another Goa'uld System Lord would they do it. I can not remember if there was a case of that clearly shown.

Comment

I am sure that the Jaffa would obey his "God" and torture the captured "false god."
                  sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

That always made me scratch my head. If the gou'ald always claimed that as gods, they couldn't be killed, how do they get their followers to make the other 'gods' die?

Comment

What makes me scratch my head if they are Gods, how can they fear something? If they are Gods how can they be defeated like non-Gods like the Tollan?
                      Hi There!

Comment

The OP asks a fair question. We often see goa'uld mining operations but never an industrialized world with factories for ship parts, crystal computer components, etc. Remember the episode where SG-1 rescues Bratac and Ryac from Baal's naquada mines. On the adjacent hillside, there's a partially contsructed Hatach spaceship. No other insfrastructure is evident. I rolled my eyes at the ridiculousness of it. Yes, of course, the slaves hammer raw ore into finished spaceship parts. No refinement. No fabrication plants.

You've got to overlook this shortcoming. If it consistently bothers you, you won't enjoy the series.

Comment

Perhaps they had tech that took the raw ore and smelted it down into ready to use parts..

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                            The OP asks a fair question. We often see goa'uld mining operations but never an industrialized world with factories for ship parts, crystal computer components, etc. Remember the episode where SG-1 rescues Bratac and Ryac from Baal's naquada mines. On the adjacent hillside, there's a partially contsructed Hatach spaceship. No other insfrastructure is evident. I rolled my eyes at the ridiculousness of it. Yes, of course, the slaves hammer raw ore into finished spaceship parts. No refinement. No fabrication plants.

You've got to overlook this shortcoming. If it consistently bothers you, you won't enjoy the series.
                            I've just always assumed that a lot of things exist in the Gateverse without our ever having been shown them. Infrastructure, manufacturing facilities, etc. definitely fall into that category for me.

I don't recall ever getting a look at the restroom facilities on Goa'uld or Tau'ri spaceships either, or in Tok'ra bases. But it makes sense to assume they were there...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post

At the angle we saw that unfinished Ha'tak, did we see the ground? I am asking because it is certainly possible that the factories are close by but we didn't see it. But the big question is: who is working in those factories? Slave labor is horrible for making high quality parts as the Nazis found out.
                              Hi There!

Comment

That always made me scratch my head. If the gou'ald always claimed that as gods, they couldn't be killed, how do they get their followers to make the other 'gods' die?
                                I think they added a part where it says gods can kill gods. But remember, before we killed Ra, the goauld were pretty much at peace, and had been for about 5000 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X