No announcement yet.

Wrath of the Titans (2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have high hopes for this movie. Sadly, I might not get to see it right away.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I have high hopes for this movie. Sadly, I might not get to see it right away.
      I can't see it until I get home from college for Spring Break so you're in good company
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        I can't see it until I get home from college for Spring Break so you're in good company
        I'm hoping to see it Monday. When is your Spring Break.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          How I feel...

Hopefully it's a LOT better
          I saw the first one in the theater. It, um... distracted me from things for a while.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            I saw the first one in the theater. It, um... distracted me from things for a while.
            I saw the first one when it came out on PayPerView. I enjoyed it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              The previews look great! I really would like to see it, I remember not being fond of the first one but I only saw it once and that was quite a while ago so I probably need to rewatch the first one!
              How many times do you need to watch a trainwreck before you determine it's just as bad the the first time as it is the second, or third, or fourth?

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                How many times do you need to watch a trainwreck before you determine it's just as bad the the first time as it is the second, or third, or fourth?
                Idk, ask Twilight fans...
                sigpic

Comment

The original 1981 Clash of the Titans has weathered well, I prefer it to the new version.
                  I have to say though that Wrath of the Titans does look special. One of only two films I'm looking forward to this year.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    I saw the first one when it came out on PayPerView. I enjoyed it.
                    I see. I want to see the new one to see what it's about.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Saw it yesterday. It's short but pretty much works.

Spoiler:
                      And a great couple of nods to Bubo, who also appears in cameo

Comment

I saw it this past weekend, and I enjoyed it.
                        sigpic

Comment

I hope to see this soon. It certainly looks entertaining. How long is it?
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I hope to see this soon. It certainly looks entertaining. How long is it?
                            Honestly...I don't remember the length. I was with friends...so I really wasn't paying attention to time, but I think it was about two hours.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've read a lot of reviews that say Wrath is a better film, but the action scenes are criticized in both films. For the 1st film, from the giant Scorpions bursting through marble pillars to altered time and sense perception during a fight with Calibos, the director had a flare for style. Sure these were choreographed fights, and not gritty, dirty fights to tear out each other's eyes, but these are gods, after all: there was a hint of stylized fights from kung-fu films here. The director, Letterier, took a degree of bashing that seems misplaced, as scenes like the Scorpion fight felt 3D, even though filmed in 2D. The fast forward and pauses used during battle, the sudden close up and reversals gave a real roller coaster ride.

The action of the 2nd film was more realistic, gritty and with one too many close-ups and camera rolls.
                              Spoiler:
                              However, the battles with the War God, Ares, were especially well done, with the god's battle hammer and punches echoing like thunder. We got more views of Cronus than we had of the Kraken, but somehow the Kraken seemed more fearsome, especially when about to devour Queen Andromeda. Cronus erupted from a volcanoe, but I half-expected this Force of Nature, to begin shaking apart the Earth, which un-fortunately did not happen. Instead, a phalanx of hoplites armed with spears (and appearing like ants from Cronus' view) stood their ground hoping to ... what? roast marshmallows on the ends of their spears? Assembling a hoplite army to battle Cronus, a living volcano, is very brave of them, very brave. To be fair there are a lot of cool scenes, involving Ares, the Labyrinth, Kronus, Zeus: for example, Hades returning to forgive Zeus, and then the brothers blasting the stone demons, the Makhai, to bits was wicked.

Ratings ...

Clash of the Titans (2010): 3.5 of 5 stars (hey, I liked the musical score, too ...)
                              Wrath of the Titans: 2.5 of 5 stars (0.5 extra for the bravery of the hoplite army)

Comment

Omigosh! I just saw Wrath of the Titans tonight, and it is an incredible movie!

I love Greek mythology!
                                sigpic
                                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X