Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is TV especially sci-fi, a lot more morally ambiguous then it was over 10 years?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Children do not have an infinite imagination. They are for the most part, selfish little hedonists, defining good as things that help them or that they enjoy, and evil as that negatively impacts their own pleasure.
    I never said children where perfect

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Their imaginations are very much centred on themselves and limited. How to explain concepts like Transhumanism or the technological singularity to a child? How do they even grasp the implications of those concepts?
    it's limited only by their understanding, an adult has the understanding but their imagination is limited in too many other ways by that point for them to get the full benefit

Comment

I wouldn't say sci-fi in general is more morally ambiguous, but TV certainly has made that shift to a more adult perspective. I think though that it's something literary and cinematic sci-fi offerings have long had. I still don't think TV is there yet though, it's still played relatively safe.

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
        it's limited only by their understanding, an adult has the understanding but their imagination is limited in too many other ways by that point for them to get the full benefit
        I doubt that'd be true; there are certain people who have both the imagination and the understanding and get the full benefit at the same time.
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
        X