Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Never happened except for GitM.

Would that have been a production goof then?

They're not supposed to be able to fly into the gate pods out are they?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

My Saddest episode is the Last one !
      sigpic

Comment

"Maliece",because is very sadly watching this episode,in this episode died is very many people.

"Unending" because this is end of this show. (SG-1)
        sigpic

Comment

The Last Man, Sunday (you know which part), Adrift/ Lifeline, The Shrine

Certain parts of The Siege, because I really liked Grodin.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I was rewatching Letters from Pegasus yesterday and I have to say that Elizabeth's speeches were pretty heartbreaking.

I also felt really bad for her in The Intruder in regards to her flashback scenes with Simon, as well as the SGC constantly trying to dismiss her authority.

They're probably not the saddest episodes, but they really made me feel for Elizabeth and what she must have been feeling.

Comment

I really wished they would have shown at least SOME of the family members of those "Letters" watch them.. Even if it was later on.. Would have been nice to hear what the comments would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_O'Neill View Post
                "Maliece",because is very sadly watching this episode,in this episode died is very many people.

"Unending" because this is end of this show. (SG-1)
                Are you referring to the SG1 episode, "Menace". I don't think there's an episode in either series titled "Maliece", unless it was in SGU.

Comment

The Shine -- really choked up with this one, especially at the beginning.

Sunday -- enough said.

Comment

Saddest episode? Wow, that's hard; there's quite a few I could list.

For me, it's a tie between Sunday and Lifeline, simply because I adored Carson and Elizabeth. 8 years on and I still miss them.

Mind you, The Shrine comes very close in my books.

Comment

The Shrine. It gutted me. I think there were actual tears (which doesn't actually happen that often). Rodney McKay is my darling and my spirit animal, so everything in that episode was incredibly painful.

Sunday goes without saying because I knew what would happen (what with watching SGA in 2012 and all) so I guess I had time to prepare...but still. Totally unnecessary.

And I just watched Poisoning the Well, which someone mentioned early on and it really hit me this time in a way in which it hadn't before...all those people dying, and convinced it was for the greater good. It was so visceral.

Then again I also count as "sad" those episodes in which anyone is an ******* to Rodney, so that would make it any episode with Jeannie Miller (I do not like her), because she is always so...critical of anything and everything her brother does.
                      Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

Thinking back, though, once you get attached to the characters enough, any episode becomes spectacularly sad because there is something heartbreaking about one of them in just about every episode. Vegas and John's alternate life was deeply sad. Weir's troubles with her boyfriend back home were sad. Weir dying was sad. The fact that the show was cancelled was sad, which makes the ostensibly happy finale traumatizing. I dare you guys to find an episode that isn't actually sad and gut-wrenching.
                        Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

While it is true, that I was very sad and upset about Carson’s death, I wouldn’t really call Sunday the saddest episode. Because aside from the end, the episode didn’t really have that much impact on me. And I’m sure if it weren’t for Carson’s death it would be a quite forgettable episode for most fans, with a very weird story idea at that (exploding tumors). The end however definitely made me cry. The funeral was really sad!
                          Although I do admit, I find it makes it a bit better, now that I know, Carson is coming back, in a way. Even though I would have prefered they did something more with the whole clone storyline. I thought that was some really wasted potential there.

For me the saddest and most emotional episodes all around would be The Shrine and The Last Man. Excellent acting in The Shrine that made the episode really painful to watch. (And I mean that in a good way.)
                          The Last Man also had a very depressing feel to it. Poor Rodney, having to see all his friends die and having 25 really hard years. And poor John too, being unexpectedly trapped in that world. But I did enjoy both of these episodes immensely.

I wouldn’t really say it made me cry, but I also thought Poisoning the Well, Tao of Rodney and Michael were quite emotional and sad episodes. (And yes, I really think the Michael episode was sad. I could never help myself but feel sorry for him, even though he did act as one of the main villains for most of the second half of the show.)

Vegas was kind of sad too, since John seemed so depressed. And of course him dying at the end. Although I’m still not quite sure he really did die. I mean, yes, a little later he probably did. But I think at the end he was still alive, so maybe he still could get rescued? At least I prefer to think that way.

Comment

the most sad episode of SGA for me is definitely Vegas. Vegas AU is basically our universe. Without TV-magic and sci-fi wonders. This is how real John Sheppard would really end up IRL . Dishonorably discharged, no Teyla, no Ronon, no Rodney, no Elizabeth, well, no friends and 'no nothing'. Even Rodney and Todd looked pained in this episode (no John at their side! ).

Being the end of the series didn't help, of course (I don't count EATG as series finale, that was more like big f.. you to all the fans...IMO).

I also cry like a baby when all kind of "copies" of main characters die - SG1 robots, SGA replicators, Weir, and Weir! I mean... they were sooo misunderstooood! LIke they are not real people! Like they do not have any real feeeeelings! Like their feeelings do not count!

Same with Rodney in the Last Man. For me it was very McKay-centred (in the GOOD sense) episode, and poor Rodney losing John, Teyla, Ronon, Sam and Atlantis, after he's already lost Elizabeth and Carson - it's just too much to take, you know. And no, guys, Rodney didn't have crappy 25 years, he had crappy rest of his life... He lives and died in his miserable universe, but made sure that John would come back to our time in this new, corrected timeline.

Comment

For me, the saddest episode is "Sunday."

I remember seeing it when it originally aired and it felt like a gut-punch. Following episodes have, of course, diluted that initial shock and sadness, but it still reminds of that first experience watching it with my jaw on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Guinevere View Post
                                Same with Rodney in the Last Man. For me it was very McKay-centred (in the GOOD sense) episode, and poor Rodney losing John, Teyla, Ronon, Sam and Atlantis, after he's already lost Elizabeth and Carson - it's just too much to take, you know. And no, guys, Rodney didn't have crappy 25 years, he had crappy rest of his life... He lives and died in his miserable universe, but made sure that John would come back to our time in this new, corrected timeline.
                                Don't forget he lost Jennifer..

Comment

Working...
                                X