• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Don't forget he lost Jennifer..
    I really really didn't forget that

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Guinevere View Post
      Same with Rodney in the Last Man. For me it was very McKay-centred (in the GOOD sense) episode, and poor Rodney losing John, Teyla, Ronon, Sam and Atlantis, after he's already lost Elizabeth and Carson - it's just too much to take, you know. And no, guys, Rodney didn't have crappy 25 years, he had crappy rest of his life... He lives and died in his miserable universe, but made sure that John would come back to our time in this new, corrected timeline.
      From what I remember of Last Man (which I vote as the saddest...and haven't seen for awhile so please correct me if I'm wrong.) is that John left to save people, only to end up alone, to find a hologram of someone he used to know well, telling him that he failed and everyone he tried to save had reasonably sad kind of lives... It was a drawn out way of saying 'John you failed, now look what you did. Everyone you cared about is dead and had a bad time.' I felt so sad for John... luckily he doesn't go down without a fight.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I agree with you! That wasn't an easy adventure for John, too. But if we think about it, the whole deal took about some few hours of John's life - he went through the malfunctioned stargate, met holo!Rodney, talked to him, went out in sandstorm, ended up in stasis pod. Next thing he knows - he is at home, in Atlantis, shouting that he knows where to find Teyla.

For Rodney that sad adventure took all those years that followed Sheppard's disappearance - 30 to 50 years maybe?

Comment

the episodes did made me feel sad I'd say Sunday, before I sleep, adrift/lifetime, TMC and ghost in the machine.

Comment

It's not even a question: Sunday.

Comment

I didn't find Sunday sad - to be honest Beckett always slightly annoyed me and particularly second viewing around, I was pleased as I knew it meant Keller was on her way into the series, who's a good character

The episode that got me most emotional was definitely 'The Shrine' - Hewlett is simply brilliant in that episode - you can really feel the sheer sense of panic at what's happening to him

Comment

Sunday and The Shrine...
                They both had me close to tears, but mostly Sunday - for obvious reasons.
                Hi, I'm currently working on a new Thread called...
                Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and Onwards

Come and take a look in the Fan Fiction section if you are interested!
                Current Episode - 11x08 - "Abduction"

Comment

I would say Adrift/Lifeline or Ghost in the Machine. I see a lot of people saying Sunday, but I did not like how they handled that episode overall.
                  sigpic
                  [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
                    I would say Adrift/Lifeline or Ghost in the Machine. I see a lot of people saying Sunday, but I did not like how they handled that episode overall.
                    Except that usually the part that's a major dealbreaker for most people - favorite characters dying or leaving, or getting lost or whatever.
                    Lots of Beckett-fans around so they'll pick Sunday as saddest - I'd say 8 out of 10 times.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Except that usually the part that's a major dealbreaker for most people - favorite characters dying or leaving, or getting lost or whatever.
                      Lots of Beckett-fans around so they'll pick Sunday as saddest - I'd say 8 out of 10 times.
                      And as a major Elizabeth fan, I'll always go with Adrift/Lifeline and Ghost in the Machine. The latter is the only SGA episode that makes me cry every time.

The Shrine hits too close to home for me, as I had a mother who went through dementia. I can't watch that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I saw that scrolling through the thread a bit.. but we all know whats up. *cough* exploding tumor *cough* And he comes back later in the series which damages the integrity of Sunday as a whole..

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        And as a major Elizabeth fan, I'll always go with Adrift/Lifeline and Ghost in the Machine. The latter is the only SGA episode that makes me cry every time.
                        For real!! The end when they finally realize it's Elizabeth... *sigh* All my feels...
                        sigpic
                        [call me loser.]

Comment

For real!! The end when they finally realize it's Elizabeth... *sigh* All my feels...
                          And the look on John's face as he stands there looking at the gate all alone.
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 August 2016, 10:28 PM. Reason: Gif edited.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            And the look on John's face as he stands there looking at the gate all alone.
                            Ugh...

But for real... IMO Sunday doesn't compare... >.<
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 August 2016, 10:28 PM. Reason: Gif tag edited.
                            sigpic
                            [call me loser.]

Comment

But for real... IMO Sunday doesn't compare... >.<
                              To you no, the others yes.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sunday....I wish I never had watched it.

There are many sad eps though to me being fond of the Wraith, but yes Sunday is the worst to me

Comment

Working...
                                X