Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm angry about 13 hour shifts at work and not being an hourly employee...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I'm angry about 13 hour shifts at work and not being an hourly employee...

"Slavery" contract??
      One thing people seem to forget (esp employers) is that a salary is *supposed* to represent being paid to get a job done right. *Technically*, you should be able to rake in your salary even if you spend 3 hours a week at your workplace, as long as the job gets done.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

prepositions.

Comment

just the stesss from work but when you believe in PMA it goes away real quick
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            "Slavery" contract??
            One thing people seem to forget (esp employers) is that a salary is *supposed* to represent being paid to get a job done right. *Technically*, you should be able to rake in your salary even if you spend 3 hours a week at your workplace, as long as the job gets done.
            We're given sick days each year, and if we use them all and get sick...our pay is docked. However, when we have to work over...its rare that we get extra pay for the extra work.
            sigpic

Comment

We're given sick days each year, and if we use them all and get sick...our pay is docked. However, when we have to work over...its rare that we get extra pay for the extra work.
              Salaries for teachers is a different beast though carter, you HAVE to be in the classroom, there is no getting around that. And yeah, I know ALL abouut the "myth" of teachers only working from "bell to bell"
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIY5Vyj4YM
                  One of my favorite monologues/rants; absolutely classic.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Salaries for teachers is a different beast though carter, you HAVE to be in the classroom, there is no getting around that. And yeah, I know ALL abouut the "myth" of teachers only working from "bell to bell"
                    Yet...that "myth" aka a stack of papers to grade is still on my coffee table...
                    sigpic

Comment

Yet...that "myth" aka a stack of papers to grade is still on my coffee table...

Oh, I KNOW it is a myth Carter
                      sigpic

Comment

I too have a stack of papers on my coffee table to grade. it's been spring break so i haven't touched them. probably will today.
                        *shakes fist*

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                          [video=youtube;rGIY5Vyj4YM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIY5Vyj4YM
                          It seems this is appropriate still, some things never change.
                          sigpic

Comment

Getting laid off and having to move out of state
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Pretty much got fired today. I had a job all year here in the dorms and I had to re-apply and I just found out I "wasn't selected" to come back.

Kind of pisses me off cause I'm pretty sure other people will be hired for pity because they were turned down from a higher position that they applied for, and if I'm not "qualified" enough to come back, I know for a fact that they aren't, either.
                              sigpic

Comment

Today sucks because my school only allowed everyone to get 10 units before 12 am today, at which point everyone was allowed to register for their remaining units. Result? Instant crash of the server
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X