Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: The anger thread

Chief Master Sergeant USS Stargazer NCC-2893's Avatar

Angry The anger thread

Tell us things that have made you angry today, but NO discussion about it.

Some b!tch slagged me off this morning because I was cycling on the pavement. I was so angry at her that it caused me to lapse my concentration and crash my bike. I was fine, the bike was fine, but my phone was not. I place direct responsibility on HER for the destruction of my phone.

Screw HER!

Paying Homage to Star Trek... LIKE A BOSS!... Though right now I'd prefer a Night Fury to the Enterprise

Tretonin Re: The anger thread

the machine

Default Re: The anger thread

Quote Originally Posted by USS Stargazer NCC-2893 View Post

Some b!tch slagged me off this morning because I was cycling on the pavement. I was so angry at her that it caused me to lapse my concentration and crash my bike. I was fine, the bike was fine, but my phone was not. I place direct responsibility on HER for the destruction of my phone.

Screw HER!
    probably a knee-jerk reaction that motorists have developed whenever they see any cyclist even a responsible one though these days a responsible cyclist seems to be a rare thing......I've seen too many bikers who, when riding in the road refuse to abide by the rules of the road.....bicycles are vehicles and thus must obey the same rules of the road as any other vehicle....I've seen so many of them just simply blow through a stop sign and ride on the wrong side of the road as if they owned it

“Only an idiot fights a war on 2 fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on TWELVE fronts!” - Londo Mollari, Babylon 5

http://www.youtube.com/user/hamenthotep - YT channel for PH's bot renderings...

though sometimes I've had motorists almost run me over when riding my bike....one time I was crossing a street....I had the green light and the right of way and I nearly got flattened by some motorist turning right who evidently didn't see that there was a bicyclist trying to cross the street.....so i was forced to turn right in order to avoid becoming molecule-bonded to the pavement

“Only an idiot fights a war on 2 fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on TWELVE fronts!” - Londo Mollari, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    probably a knee-jerk reaction that motorists have developed whenever they see any cyclist even a responsible one though these days a responsible cyclist seems to be a rare thing......I've seen too many bikers who, when riding in the road refuse to abide by the rules of the road.....bicycles are vehicles and thus must obey the same rules of the road as any other vehicle....I've seen so many of them just simply blow through a stop sign and ride on the wrong side of the road as if they owned it
    Sometimes it's motorists not knowing the rules of the road regarding bicyclists. There is a rotary near my house that has "bike use full lane" signs and road markings. I'm in the middle of the lane waiting to get in the rotary when this lady squeezes by me on my left (I'm not sure how she did it without hopping the raised medium) to go out in the rotary ahead of me and turn hard in front of me and almost gets hit by another car as she tries to negotiate this while I'm making my way around. Then she almost runs me over getting out of the rotary. That lady is gonna get herself or someone else killed someday. When markings give you the right to use full lane it is for the safety of the bicyclist, not just to be nice to them.

The Dunkin Doughnuts I went to this morning did not have WiFi. I couldn't read the news on my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Hunter View Post
    Sometimes it's motorists not knowing the rules of the road regarding bicyclists. There is a rotary near my house that has "bike use full lane" signs and road markings. I'm in the middle of the lane waiting to get in the rotary when this lady squeezes by me on my left (I'm not sure how she did it without hopping the raised medium) to go out in the rotary ahead of me and turn hard in front of me and almost gets hit by another car as she tries to negotiate this while I'm making my way around. Then she almost runs me over getting out of the rotary. That lady is gonna get herself or someone else killed someday. When markings give you the right to use full lane it is for the safety of the bicyclist, not just to be nice to them.
    this one road near me has a bike lane between 2 car lanes....one for going straight on the bike lane's left side and one for turning right into UB on the lane's right hand side...meaning that a car in order to turn into UB from that road has to cross the bike lane.....I don't think they thought that one through too well....thank heavens there's a sidewalk and cyclists don't have to use the road there....

Yesterday in the rain driving downtown, I stopped in the left lane for a person in the crosswalk, as is the law and for safety's sake and the fools in the right lane blast on through! This poor guy's standing there in the middle of the street! I'm sure we've all seen this, why are people so careless, esp. in the rain?!!!

Oh, and cars where stopped in the opposite direction as well, it's obvious they should have stopped!

People who cannot read the premise of a thread.............
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    Whatever you've got planned, forget it! I'm the Doctor. I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness, and you... are basically just a rabbit, aren't you? Ok, carry on... just a... general... warning...

how so? annoyance and anger are kissing cousins....

Seeing that gas jumped another 10 cents.
    Hey Sharky! I can't think of anything clever to say this week...Aint that AMAZING Sharky!!!!!

Captain Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USS Stargazer NCC-2893 View Post

Screw HER!
    Well you shouldn't really be riding on the pavement anyway .

Narrow-minded religious igits who forget that there is supposed to be separation of church and state in the US.

Witch fashion sketching teacher. Nit-picked at EVERY sketch I did, complained that they looked like dolls (not in the good way), and I failed the assignment. *cries*

This was the same teacher that insisted I go out and buy $20 (for a 10 sheet set) sheet protectors!!!
    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    People who cannot read the premise of a thread.............
    Hey! I'm angry about people who don't obey traffic rules and put people in danger!

I'm angry about 13 hour shifts at work and not being an hourly employee...

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I'm angry about 13 hour shifts at work and not being an hourly employee...

"Slavery" contract??
    One thing people seem to forget (esp employers) is that a salary is *supposed* to represent being paid to get a job done right. *Technically*, you should be able to rake in your salary even if you spend 3 hours a week at your workplace, as long as the job gets done.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    Whatever you've got planned, forget it! I'm the Doctor. I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness, and you... are basically just a rabbit, aren't you? Ok, carry on... just a... general... warning...

Major

prepositions.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

just the stesss from work but when you believe in PMA it goes away real quick

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    "Slavery" contract??
    One thing people seem to forget (esp employers) is that a salary is *supposed* to represent being paid to get a job done right. *Technically*, you should be able to rake in your salary even if you spend 3 hours a week at your workplace, as long as the job gets done.
    We're given sick days each year, and if we use them all and get sick...our pay is docked. However, when we have to work over...its rare that we get extra pay for the extra work.