Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok series 6 my head wants to explode......Confused a bit.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok series 6 my head wants to explode......Confused a bit.

Season 6 is both confusing and annoying......

Things I didn't like The Flesh Amy. We got hints of something off with her when the TARDIS scanner couldn't tell if she was knocked up or not. So she was kidnapped on her wedding night? Strange... Wasn't the Doctor with her most of the evening, and Rory? How could she be kidnapped?

Episode 1 I find a little confusing and annoying. First off was the Doctor really killed the first time we see this happen? Was it the little girl inside the space suit? I got the impression he knew who she was in this first episode .

Yet when the Silents capture her later in the series she's an adult trying to kill him so does this happen twice? And his whole escaping death via using the Tesselecta felt like ban fan writing.

And things I want answered. Was this the same army that helped the Doctor and Amy when the weeping angels were in that crashed space ship in the last series? Howcome they didn't try to capture the Doctor back then if he was such a threat? Or are they just thugs for hire? Or was the Silence controlling the army and the monks?

Oh and since when could a machine like the Tesselecta imitate the pre regeneration glow of a Timelord? It should not be able to do that. And yet in the very first episode you learn that it is episode 6's Doctor "dying" by the lake so it's not really him but that machine thing.

This whole thing of everyone being freaked out and scared of the Big Bad Doctor feels a bit silly..... They did it last series why repeat it?

Anyway rant over.............
    Last edited by Coco Pops; 21 March 2012, 07:24 PM. Reason: EDITED AND ADDED BITS
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

*sigh*

I could try and answer these questions, as I like to do when people ask Doctor Who questions... (indeed, in the 1990's I appointed myself "Oracle" of Doctor Who on my website and Hotline peer-to-peer site) But...

All you need to know is, Moffat has said next season will be back to single adventures, which to me is evidence that yes, he went TOO FAR, and our brains will not be hurt like this again...

Doctor Who has the potential at the best of times to involve convoluted storylines. There is not need for the messed up screwball ideas he has been tossing our way over the past 2 years and calling it a tv show.

Awww nuts ok - here's some answers.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Things I didn't like The Flesh Amy ... How could she be kidnapped?
    There was clearly events that took place after the wedding, and before the new season... (ie we didn't see the Orient Express story). So, it happened at some point after the Big Bang but before the new season...

was the Doctor really killed the first time we see this happen? Was it the little girl inside the space suit? I got the impression he knew who she was in this first episode .
    The "first" time was the same as the "second" time... we just see it all again, so that we can see what really happened. It was River, not young River, in the suit... Just that the next time we see the suit, it's young River inside it... (Ummm.... well that's how I interpreted it)

And his whole escaping death via using the tesselecta felt like ban fan writing.
    It was about as bad as the Big Bang... and both on par with The Last Time Lord (or whatever the Golum Doctor story was). Yes, VERY BAD fan wank.

Was this the same army
    No.

Anyway rant over.
    I'm still ranting myself... Could SO very nearly give up on NewWho over this past season. And I've been a WHO fan all my life... 34 years...
    Last edited by cosmichobo; 14 March 2012, 03:47 AM.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Perhaps you should ask a child. All the children seem to understand it. It's only adults that try to overcomplicate things and see storylines that aren't there.

Comment

Oh so in episode 1 it is still the tesselecta? and not the real Doctor dying? Hmmmmm...

The problem is that in future seasons till the 50th anniversary we still have to see what this super secret question is. I am sure the writers will have to go there eventually. I hope it's not wanky

BTW my tribute to the sexy River Song in my avvie, we did that with one of my models
        Last edited by Coco Pops; 14 March 2012, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          There was clearly events that took place after the wedding, and before the new season... (ie we didn't see the Orient Express story). So, it happened at some point after the Big Bang but before the new season...
          I completely disgree. Amy was kidnapped by the Silents in the first episode of series 32--that's when the change happened IMO.

All you need to know is, Moffat has said next season will be back to single adventures, which to me is evidence that yes, he went TOO FAR, and our brains will not be hurt like this again...
          Not true. They've said there won't be any 2-parters. They've said nothing to the effect of what you're saying.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I completely disgree. Amy was kidnapped by the Silents in the first episode of series 32--that's when the change happened IMO.

That's what thought too; that she was kidnapped sometime after she tells the Doctor that she's pregnant(so I guess maybe between the first and second ep of the season, probably while they were running around 1969); since after that she tells him she made a mistake and that she wasn't pregnant.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't see why people are getting so confused, where it is really all very simple if you just properly think about it all.

"Was this the same army!"
              Yes, but not at the same points in time. They are called the Clerics. The time when the Doctor, Amy and River all helped them fight off the Weeping Angels at the Byzantium crash site, was at a later point in the Clerics military history to when the Doctor, Amy, Rory, Strax, Jenny, Madame Vastra and Lorna were facing off against them and the Headless Monks at Demons Run.

"was the Doctor really killed the first time we see this happen? Was it the little girl inside the space suit? I got the impression he knew who she was in this first episode ."
              Like cosmichobo said, the "first" time was the "second" time, just from different perspectives. Same event. Two different ways of seeing it. To alter what cosmichobo said though, both times where we see River shoot the Teselecta, she was River after her brainwashing was broken in "Let's Kill Hitler". The next time we see the Doctor confronting the spacesuit happens in 1969. First time from his perspective. It contained River in her little girl form before she regenerates into her Mels form in New York. This happens in '69, before Kovarian forces the older, newly regenerated River back into the space suit in the 51st century, and sends her back in time to Lake Silencio in 2011, where River is not in control of the spacesuit.

"Things I didn't like The Flesh Amy ... How could she be kidnapped?"
              Amy was actually taken at some point in between "A Christmas Carol" and "The Impossible Astronaut". The Amy that goes to America with Rory is a Ganger.
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I still need to watch the last 2 Christmas specials in full(I've only partially watched both of them). I also need to watch series 6 a second time(maybe I'll like certain things/characters better the second time around). I'm not a River fan, and I hated the whole River is Amy and Rory's daughter and best friend growing up thing, so I've kinda avoided watching it again, even though I want to because there are things that I don't remember well(or at all).

*other than the River stuff, I didn't have a problem with and actually really enjoyed the rest of the series(season).
                Last edited by VampyreWraith; 14 March 2012, 06:51 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                  I don't see why people are getting so confused, where it is really all very simple if you just properly think about it all.

"Was this the same army!"
                  Yes, but not at the same points in time. They are called the Clerics. The time when the Doctor, Amy and River all helped them fight off the Weeping Angels at the Byzantium crash site, was at a later point in the Clerics military history to when the Doctor, Amy, Rory, Strax, Jenny, Madame Vastra and Lorna were facing off against them and the Headless Monks at Demons Run.

"was the Doctor really killed the first time we see this happen? Was it the little girl inside the space suit? I got the impression he knew who she was in this first episode ."
                  Like cosmichobo said, the "first" time was the "second" time, just from different perspectives. Same event. Two different ways of seeing it. To alter what cosmichobo said though, both times where we see River shoot the Teselecta, she was River after her brainwashing was broken in "Let's Kill Hitler". The next time we see the Doctor confronting the spacesuit happens in 1969. First time from his perspective. It contained River in her little girl form before she regenerates into her Mels form in New York. This happens in '69, before Kovarian forces the older, newly regenerated River back into the space suit in the 51st century, and sends her back in time to Lake Silencio in 2011, where River is not in control of the spacesuit.

"Things I didn't like The Flesh Amy ... How could she be kidnapped?"
                  Amy was actually taken at some point in between "A Christmas Carol" and "The Impossible Astronaut". The Amy that goes to America with Rory is a Ganger.
                  I'm with you. Yeah there are some things that still leave your head scratching a haven't been implicitly seen on screen, but but that I think is part of its genius.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I call the season a cheat
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      I call the season a cheat
                      Why's that?

Comment

]It was about as bad as the Big Bang... and both on par with The Last Time Lord (or whatever the Golum Doctor story was). Yes, VERY BAD fan wank
                        Wrong, the Tesselecta revelation was great fun and a fantastic twist. When it comes to solving the riddle of The Doctor evading his fate, I've read far worse theories and ideas on this and other forums.

Could SO very nearly give up on NewWho over this past season. And I've been a WHO fan all my life... 34 years...
                        All that really proves is that you're starting to grow out of the show, which has been FULL of plot holes and even wonkier writing over the years, even during the "sacred" classic days. If season six nearly made you give up, heaven knows how you forgave the many years of this daft old show's existence...

Comment

Moffatt has written very clever/complex same-scene-from-different-angles stuff before (e.g. Coupling) and they are always worthy of rewatching. As mentioned above, given all the theories of how the beach shooting COULD have been done, the Tesselecta was ingenious. Does it REALLY work for an adult audience and close all the plot holes, perhaps not. But it does answer a number of others. Possibly.

And, will we ever get "the question" - I hope not.

Comment

I was expecting for a ganger to stand in for the doctor...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                              I was expecting for a ganger to stand in for the doctor...
                              You know I half expected that to be the "big reveal" at the end of the series when they put things right. That it was the ganger Doctor that got shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X