Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you think Arya will be able to pass for a boy to the audience in season 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's pretending to be a young boy not a grown man, I don't see her voice being a problem.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      She's pretending to be a young boy not a grown man, I don't see her voice being a problem.
      most tween boys I've met have deeper voices different voices then girls even if their not broken yet

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
        most tween boys I've met have deeper voices different voices then girls even if their not broken yet
        It depends on child, their accent, their speech patterns, and sometimes people just pitch their voices differently in different situations. That interview was of Maisie being herself, and not Maisie being Arya, pretending to be a boy.
        Some tween girls can have deeper voices than tween boys. Some boys can sing soprano before they hit puberty, and some boys voices don't change until they are in their later teens(and I'm sure some of them even get teased and bullied about it).Given all that, I just don't see Maisie's face or voice as an issue for her to play Arya passing herself off as a boy, you're free to think otherwise though.

The only thing that I can see as possibly being an issue, is if they have her wearing a thin light colored shirt again without the vest (like she was at the end of last season); Maisie isn't as flat chested as a boy, and it was noticible at one point when Arya was being dragged around that she is a teen girl.
        sigpic

Comment

You can definitely see she has a girlish figure. They should probably bind her breasts because even in that first picture it's pretty obvious. Face-wise she's kind of neutral (even in her normal picture) so that's good, but her voice is very girlish although they could probably adjust that post-production.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            You can definitely see she has a girlish figure. They should probably bind her breasts because even in that first picture it's pretty obvious. Face-wise she's kind of neutral (even in her normal picture) so that's good, but her voice is very girlish although they could probably adjust that post-production.
            isn't it just so inconsiderate the way child actors selfishly go though puberty

Comment

Working...
            X