Thread: do you think Arya will be able to pass for a boy to the audience in season 2?

First Lieutenant

Default do you think Arya will be able to pass for a boy to the audience in season 2?

Default Re: do you think Arya will be able to pass for a boy to the audience in season 2?

Since I already know it's a girl, no.

If I didn't know, I would say possibly.

Default Re: do you think Arya will be able to pass for a boy to the audience in season 2?

Not bad.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Maybe.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

I think it works.....about as good as seeing Jamie and Cersie as siblings

There's that whole suspension of disbelief that comes with shows.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    I think it works.....about as good as seeing Jamie and Cersie as siblings

There's that whole suspension of disbelief that comes with shows.
    "suspension of disbelief" doesn't cover things that violate common-sense or are not impossible to realistically work around

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    "suspension of disbelief" doesn't cover things that violate common-sense or are not impossible to realistically work around
    Neither of which apply here, so what's the problem?

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Neither of which apply here, so what's the problem?
    they might if she does turn out not to be a convincing boy, they could anticipated that and hired a more masculine actress

She makes a pretty looking boy. Some boys are pretty(look at the guys who play Loras and Lancel, they could be a tad more masculine). A lot of pre-pubescent boys don't look very manly, so I think it's fine.

Lieutenant Colonel

they might if she does turn out not to be a convincing boy, they could anticipated that and hired a more masculine actress
    Except in all the photo's and trailers she looks very boyish. You're nitpicking, if you didn't know she was a girl, you'd be hard pressed to tell.

First Lieutenant

Except in all the photo's and trailers she looks very boyish. You're nitpicking, if you didn't know she was a girl, you'd be hard pressed to tell.
    I wonder if Maisie Williams would be happy or upset if she read that?

Lieutenant Colonel

I wonder if Maisie Williams would be happy or upset if she read that?
    Err happy seeing as how they have deliberately made her look boyish for the show? That's not a slight on her looks, they have deliberately styled her hair, and clothing to make her look a certain way on the show. That's not her normal look though, this is what she looks like normally.
    http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-pho...son-0E3AAZ.jpg

First Lieutenant

Err happy seeing as how they have deliberately made her look boyish for the show? That's not a slight on her looks, they have deliberately styled her hair, and clothing to make her look a certain way on the show. That's not her normal look though, this is what she looks like normally.
    http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-pho...son-0E3AAZ.jpg
    that just looks so weird if you looked at the picture in my link first

Might as well post this here.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    Might as well post this here.

I forgot she'll still have girl's voice, that'll be the weak link

She's pretending to be a young boy not a grown man, I don't see her voice being a problem.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    She's pretending to be a young boy not a grown man, I don't see her voice being a problem.
    most tween boys I've met have deeper voices different voices then girls even if their not broken yet

most tween boys I've met have deeper voices different voices then girls even if their not broken yet
    It depends on child, their accent, their speech patterns, and sometimes people just pitch their voices differently in different situations. That interview was of Maisie being herself, and not Maisie being Arya, pretending to be a boy.
    Some tween girls can have deeper voices than tween boys. Some boys can sing soprano before they hit puberty, and some boys voices don't change until they are in their later teens(and I'm sure some of them even get teased and bullied about it).Given all that, I just don't see Maisie's face or voice as an issue for her to play Arya passing herself off as a boy, you're free to think otherwise though.

The only thing that I can see as possibly being an issue, is if they have her wearing a thin light colored shirt again without the vest (like she was at the end of last season); Maisie isn't as flat chested as a boy, and it was noticible at one point when Arya was being dragged around that she is a teen girl.

You can definitely see she has a girlish figure. They should probably bind her breasts because even in that first picture it's pretty obvious. Face-wise she's kind of neutral (even in her normal picture) so that's good, but her voice is very girlish although they could probably adjust that post-production.
    This year's Sam & Jack Secret Santa gifts have to be submitted by December 19.

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. Current WIP: Soldier On (AO3) -> ch 12

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by fems View Post
    You can definitely see she has a girlish figure. They should probably bind her breasts because even in that first picture it's pretty obvious. Face-wise she's kind of neutral (even in her normal picture) so that's good, but her voice is very girlish although they could probably adjust that post-production.
    isn't it just so inconsiderate the way child actors selfishly go though puberty