The Legend of Korra Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
    I think they'll have to...it just might not come until later, since Korra is so headstrong and out-of-touch with that part of the Avatar at this point.
    That makes sense. Anyone wonder if the anti-bending dude is supposed to remove bending from the avatar world since technology would make bending um...unnecessary? Just a thought that I had when I saw his big "revelation." I would like to also learn more about the avatar world...
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Anyone been watching the episodes lately? What do you think of the show thus far?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
        Anyone been watching the episodes lately? What do you think of the show thus far?
        I have. It is different. Part of me feels like the "magical" part of it is gone, not that it is a bad thing. However there has been a lack of actual training for Korra. I do miss the roaming around the world aspect of the old one. I am liking this show though. It stands on its own.

This last episode felt a little like a filler...we were told there would be no such thing. So now I am curious as to how it will fit with the bigger picture.

I have some theories about the show. Some more wild than others.

Theory 1: Amon (sp?) is the first of a process that ends bending and the avatar. As the world progresses through industrialization, bending will become the forgotten and even mythical art of the past. With the advent of modern technology, humans simply don't need to bend anymore. What we are seeing here may be akin to what happened to the Jedi in Star Wars (yes I had to throw that in there).

Theory 2: Amon was meant to give bending powers to people, not take them away. Perhaps to restore the air benders. It would take hundreds if not thousands of years for Aang's lineage to do that, but with Amon, the process could be sped up a lot faster. However somewhere down the line Amon became twisted. Maybe it will be Korra's trial to convert Amon.

Theory 3: Amon is part of a much larger and darker conspiracy to rid United Republic of benders loyal to Aang's ideals. Perhaps the United Republic is more advanced than the Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and the Water Tribes. Amon would then be in place to set up his own army of benders for, wait for it....world domination! It is up to Korra to uncover this truth and stop Amon (or who ever is pulling the strings) before it is too late.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

This show is good but when compared to the old series it lacks the heart or the fun spiritedness of its predecessor.
          Korra isn't near as likeable or sympathetic as Ang was.
          I am sure they will give the character somegrowth in that area,but for right now,it just isn't there.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

This really had to be done:

Hee.
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
              This show is good but when compared to the old series it lacks the heart or the fun spiritedness of its predecessor.
              Korra isn't near as likeable or sympathetic as Ang was.
              I am sure they will give the character somegrowth in that area,but for right now,it just isn't there.
              the old one had 3 seasons with like 60 episode
              how to compare it with the old one if it has only 6 episodes in it

from my point of view it's awesome show... i liked the old one a lot to and i hope this new will get more awesome and gets at least 3 seasons to
              sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Oooh...I had a sudden attack of conjecture.

So it's been proven that the Avatar can take away bending....but do you think Korra will be able to give bending abilities (undoing Amon's work)?
                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Oooh...I had a sudden attack of conjecture.

So it's been proven that the Avatar can take away bending....but do you think Korra will be able to give bending abilities (undoing Amon's work)?
                  That's an interesting thought. I also have another thought. I read a comment by the creators that may be hinting towards an issue that the spirit world might have with the avatar world...
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    That's an interesting thought. I also have another thought. I read a comment by the creators that may be hinting towards an issue that the spirit world might have with the avatar world...
                    An issue? Do tell.
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

An issue? Do tell.
                      I'll see if I can dig it out from the depths of the interwebs.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        I'll see if I can dig it out from the depths of the interwebs.
                        *hands you a shovel*
                        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

*hands you a shovel*
                          Found it!
                          http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...zko-interview/
                          The Spirit World hasn't changed, exactly, but what will be interesting is to see how the spirit world reacts to Korra's technologically dependent world.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...#ixzz1uzRTAj8A
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

it seems like korra has a super human strenght
                            in the first episode she picks up 3 kids and old man of the ground in the same time
                            the protesting guy she picks up one handed
                            and when she is in the battle arena she have trobble to throw up team mate while hanging
                            sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Anyone watch the season finale? If so, what did you all think?
                              sigpic

Comment

It had a nice twist. I enjoyed it. I just wanted to see bigger battles between benders and non-benders though...perhaps next season. I do wonder what will happen now.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X