Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a mature Goa'uld take a Jaffa as a host?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a mature Goa'uld take a Jaffa as a host?

I know that juvenile Goa'uld reside in the bodies of Jaffa, but can a Jaffa be a host to a mature Goa'uld the way a human can?

Not while the Jaffa is still carrying a symbiote in his pouch, otherwise it is possible but unlikely considering their "low status". It would probably only occur if there was an emergency and no other hosts were available.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Didn't one of the s2 or s3 episodes cover this. Either Bra'tac or Teal'c was very close to the end of their time and needed to change symbiote.

Comment

I think Teal'c mentioned possibly getting taken over by Junior once he matured in 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
          I think Teal'c mentioned possibly getting taken over by Junior once he matured in 1969.
          ^this

i imagine when the goa'uld is removed when it is full gown, and takes a host (as seen in children of the gods). and the jafa gets a new one. but if not removed it could take over the jafa, but i imagine it would take over a human that is near it.
          sigpic

Comment

I think it's possible but it didn't help that the writers later contradicted that and made it messy. It would also explain the whole Imhotep theory and I guess it would be possible. Since the Goa'uld replaced the immune system of the Jaffa I guess it wouldn't matter where in the body they were, they could probably still function as it while taking over the host. I don't know, the writers should have been clear on this but I say that it's possible more from what they have shown us and less from what they have told us.

Comment

Probably two main issues:
              a) it would be degrading for the symbiote to use a Jaffa "servant" as new host
              b) if there was no new host, the Jaffa would die if the symbiote found a new host when it matured - I might have been remembering that part of the issue

Comment

Working...
              X