how does the atlantis gate work? Glyph quesion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does the atlantis gate work? Glyph quesion

Hey guys, i have always wondered how the atlantis gate worked, no on the milkway gates the center ring rotates allowing a chevron to lock onto a particular glyth but on the atlantis gate the light seems to just go around to each chevron and lock always on the same 'glyth' i assume that the light starts in the position of the correct 'glyth' and rotates around to the chevron even though it is lighting up different 'glyths' the reason i am asking is i am in the middle of coding a game and accuracy is the most important thing to me.

any ideas?

the pegasus gate is a digital, more recent version of the gate. the Ancients developed this as a more superior way of dialing gates.
    sigpic

Comment

thanks for the reply but im more interested in how the gate works

Comment

Well either the symbols are all set in a single place and only those below the chevrons light up or every spot is able to show every symbol.

This of course is an in-universe explanation, I do know that the prop itself cannot do that.

Comment

Well with the Milky Way gates if you used a DHD the second you pressed a button that symbol would be locked...It was only the Earth gate that actually rotated.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X