Should Jack have been in Unending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Jack have been in Unending

i was just thinking about it and Unending has everyone even Landry (in the field) and since Jack was the main character for 8 years and he has the best relationship with the Asgard why was he not there??
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

yeah, he should have been. especially in the scene where they are saying goodbye to thor . i agree, it would have made sense if jack insisted in going with them and he went instead of landry. then him and sam could have hooked up
    sigpic

Comment

Probably RDA didn't want to do another episode. By the time the cancallation had come all his episodes were in or had finished production
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Richard Dean-Anderson signed on for five episodes for SG-1's tenth season. He was hoping for this big, recurring role that would give his character some resolution. When he arrived to film them, three were shifted over to Atlantis.

10-6 "200" (SG-1)
        3-6 "The Real World" (Atlantis)
        3-10 "The Return, Part 1" (Atlantis)
        3-11 "The Return, Part 2" (Atlantis)
        10-14 "The Shroud" (SG-1)

When the show was cancelled, all five episodes had already been filmed. The bottom line was that he either wasn't available due to the last-minute finale or they couldn't afford him. I'm going to guess it was the latter.

Comment

I don't believe his not returning had anything at all to do with money. He said in an interview that he had more than enough money, so it wasn't something he could be enticed with. The times he returned also didn't have to do with money, for the same reason. He went because he wanted to, and because he "missed" seeing the old gang. Of course, he did get paid for his appearances, but money was certainly not the issue.

He apparently has also said somewhere along the way that he was surprised he wasn't contacted to be in any way involved in the final episode.

Mostly it had to do with issues between Rob Cooper and himself. Coop wanted things his way and if that meant never mentioning RDA/O'Neill, so be it. He didn't care who he offended as long as he got to be in charge.

Comment

I guess it was the problem of avalibility/producer conflict. It's a shame when issues prevent the main star of the show from appearing because he should of been in Unending. Not only would that have provided the missing element the episode needed but it could of made it into something more. Granted I liked the episode but it felt like it was trying to end the show with the current characters instead of the people we've come to know and love. The producers should of just said "screw it" to the whole conflict of interest thing and personally beg to RDA for him to come back on SG1 for the last episode; I mean he's RDA, he was an essential part of SG1 right? Right?
            Back from the grave.

Comment

Considering it was the last episode; yes. Would I have wanted him in it? I honestly don't know. Seasons nine and ten were a major disappointment to me so they probably would have ruined it anyway and the episode itself didn't really do anything for me, so if they'd managed to get him in it I would have been 'forced' to rewatch it since I like his character.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I think the least they could have done was mention his name. As others have said, one would think that Thor might have mentioned his name, given how much Thor and the Asgard thought of Jack.

Or even had Sam say something about how General O'Neill would feel about the loss of Thor and the Asgard.

Comment

I don't really see the point of mentioning Jack's feelings for the Asgard. It seems largely unimportant. The Asgard are smart and seemed pretty informed of US politics. Their S9 and S10 interactions with them should of made them aware of his promotion.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Got to say, this never occurred to me as a problem until reading it here. I adjusted to the casting changes during season nine. It would have felt false to me to suddenly insert O'Neill into command of the ship and SG-1 for the final episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I don't really see the point of mentioning Jack's feelings for the Asgard. It seems largely unimportant. The Asgard are smart and seemed pretty informed of US politics. Their S9 and S10 interactions with them should of made them aware of his promotion.
                      there were eps in S8 were the found out he was promoted to Brig Gen
                      sigpic

Comment

Absolutely Jack should have been in Unending. There were so many things left unsaid and undone. It leaves a devoted fan with a bad taste for the francise.

Comment

No-one should have been in Unending. They'd be much better off without it ever existing.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

sigpic

Comment

At the end it didn't exist. Except for Teal'c's skunk stripe and the end of the Asguard.
                              (())

I'd have preferred Jack too. But they had already used up RDA's 5 eppy contract - 3 on SGA. They sure weren't going to throw away money to get a guest of RDA's stature on a series ender. Not when they already had someone under contract they could use.

But I'd have preferred no Vala or Mitchell either so either way I wasn't impressed. After 200 I figured I might as well watch the rest of the train wreck.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                              X