Should Jack have been in Unending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    But they had already used up RDA's 5 eppy contract - 3 on SGA. They sure weren't going to throw away money to get a guest of RDA's stature on a series ender. Not when they already had someone under contract they could use.
    This. Regardless of whether three episodes had been on SGA or not, his five episodes had been filmed before cancellation was announced. Getting him back for the finale would have been expensive, and I would imagine the network simply didn't want to spend the extra money. Simple, no?

Personally, I didn't mind that he wasn't in the finale, given that he pops up in Continuum. Had there not been movies following the finale, then I'd have been upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      This. Regardless of whether three episodes had been on SGA or not, his five episodes had been filmed before cancellation was announced. Getting him back for the finale would have been expensive, and I would imagine the network simply didn't want to spend the extra money. Simple, no?

Personally, I didn't mind that he wasn't in the finale, given that he pops up in Continuum. Had there not been movies following the finale, then I'd have been upset.
      Sorry, but I was under the impression that Unending hadn't been filmed, and they had enough time to write a finale episode. Hence 'Unending'.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        Sorry, but I was under the impression that Unending hadn't been filmed, and they had enough time to write a finale episode. Hence 'Unending'.
        True but by the time the cancellation they had already entered production of the five episodes RDA was under contract for. To put him Unending would have required an additional contract and additional money if they even had enough to spare. End of the season dictates the budget was probably getting stretched
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

as hedwig said i don't think it had anything to do with money. from interviews i saw i got the impression that RDA would have done the episode for limited pay. but at least he was in contiuum which in my mind is the series finale.

while i liked unending the first time i watched it, i have yet to see it again and i don't plan on watching it again either.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X