This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm posting this here because I can't post this in the help area

For some reason, I can't type in the text boxes in what seems like most threads. What I see is the picture posted at the bottom. I also can't start new threads in most if not all of the subforums due to this, this section being the first I have come across.

Like I said, I would ask for help in the help section, but that's one of the ones I can't.

Help?

And please don't move this to the help section. I might not be able to respond if it is moved.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Might be something with your browser; did you try clearing everything? Cache, cookies, etc?
    Back from the grave.

Comment

I agree with the cache/cookie clean-up. If that doesn't work, try upgrading your browser if not already using the most up-to-date version, or try an alternative browser to see if it works on different software.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

I put a link to your thread in the "Ask The Mods" thread in the Help section. Hopefully one of them will pop over here and offer suggestion.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

At a guess, I'd say your adblock filter (assuming you have one) is interfering with that part of the page loading. I get the same thing from time to time on Wikipedia.

Turn it off, see if that fixes it. If it does, re-enable your adblock and set up an exception.

Also: Why can't you post in the help area?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

From the picture attached, it looks like the page hasn't loaded all the way. If you can post on some threads and not others then you may have a slow loading connection and you've found some faster loading threads.

If you don't have the status bar showing (will tell you when the page had completed loading), in Firefox, click the View Menu and then Status Bar. Otherwise, I'd go with the above answeres of clearing your browser cache (usually clears up 90% of the problems) and then cookies. And always have a different browser available.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Gen.Chris and Digi ,if I recall correctly,you're both Chrome/Safari users.

Can you confirm that or correct me ,and tell me if you both had automatic updates very recently?

Chris : are you able to use VM and PM at all?
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I use Chrome yes (you stalker ). I can't remember exactly when the last update was, but I believe it was within the last week or so. It's showing me as up-to-date with v17.0.963.56. And I'm not having Chris's problem (even while running 5 adblock extensions for various reasons).
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well I guess my problem is over.

Thanks guys!
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL ! You guys love me really.

Chris should be on the same version as you then,if the usual auto-updates went through ok,so I think you might have nailed it as an adblocker or extension hitch.

I sent a test VM and PM to him,but I don't know if he can respond.

Edit : and as I post,GC 's free and back amongst us.

Which fix worked ?

Comment

Well honestly, I'm not sure. I did everything and nothing seemed to work. Then out of frustration on one page I hit "refresh" and it seemed to have fixed everything. Now let's hope it holds up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here's hoping the gremlin's fixed !

I'll leave this thread open for now in case you get any more hitches ,then move it over to the Forum Announcements section tomorrow sometime.

Comment

Working...
                        X