Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the casts of Stargate YOUR questions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for doing this!

This question is for Amanda Tapping:
    How would you compare and contrast your role on Stargate with the role you play on Sanctuary? What do you like best about both these roles?

OK - I know that was sort of two....

Comment

Another question:

This question is for Amanda Tapping AND Christopher Judge:
      There is still a pretty large following of Stargate fans out there. Many dream of a time when a new Stargate series comes out. What new frontier's would you see a potential 4th series being able to cover that brought in a fresh new feel to the Stargate theme?

Comment

One more for both:

This question is for Amanda Tapping AND Christopher Judge:
        What aspect of Stargate lore do you wish there had been more time to explore? For example - many fans wanted to know more about the Furlings. What do you wish was covered more?

Comment

Here's another question for JOE FLANIGAN. The Powers That Be decide that you will write the final episode of Stargate Atlantis, "Enemy at the Gate". What do come up with? How would you have written the finale?

Thanks,

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

Just realized Martin Wood and Joseph Mallozzi were in the list. I have some questions for him - all around the same point:

This question is for Martin Wood OR Joseph Mallozzi:
            Under what circumstances would you see a new Stargate series being made? What do you see as the biggest impediment to a new series being made and how can we work around that? Would you love to be involved in a new series should one be proposed?

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
              It's just the number of active questions on the thread for each actor....
              oh i see, that's cool
              sigpic

Comment

Questions for Amanda Tapping:

I love The Big Bang Theory and they have had many cameos from well-known Sci Fi actors. What better fit for a show about geeky physicists than the actress who brought us the ultimate gorgeous geeky physicist Sam Carter! How would you feel about making a guest appearance on The Big Bang Theory, or better yet starring in a comedy of your own? And if you're familiar with the series, how do you think Sam would get along with Sheldon?

I miss your blond hair. When you are done with Sanctuary, do you think you will return to being a blond?

Comment

Question for Torri Higginson:

Hi Torri....there was so much fun energy between you and "Duckie' aka David McCallum on NCIS - has there been any talk (opportunities) about you making any more appearances on NCIS? I love that show and would love to see more of you in it!
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

This question is for Mike Dopud

At Gatecon a few years ago (at one of Arctic Goddess's fan parties) you mentioned that if SGA had not been cancelled, there was discussion that Kiryk could potentiallly have made another appearance on SGA.

Where would you like to have seen the direction of the character to go, assuming that tptb determine Kiryk survived the Wraith? Should he keep being a runner? At some point just give up and let the Wraith win? Or have Keller find a way to remove the device like they did with Ronon?
                    sigpic

Comment

Amanda Tapping (Col. Samantha Carter)
                      I really liked how your character was promoted to full Colonel and given command of Atlantis. After Woolsey took over, it was fuzzy as to where Carter ended up. In the finale, we see your character back at the SGC with plans to take command of the George Hammond. My question is, what do you imagine your character was up to during Atlantis's fifth season?

Christopher Judge (Teal'c)
                      Your final appearance as "Teal'c" was in the Atlantis episode "Midway." Your character wore his Jaffa robes with longer hair. With the Goa'uld, Replicators, Ori, and finally Ba'al defeated, it left me with the impression that your character had finally gone home. However, the Atlantis writers shifted the movie Continuum to take place after this episode. In the movie, Teal'c appears to be part of SG-1. This leaves confusion on my part. Do you think of Teal'c as still part of SG-1, or do you imagine he'd returned to his people?

Joe Flanigan (Col. John Sheppard)
                      Did everyone know at the time that "Enemy at the Gate" was going to be the series finale, or was the show cancelled after the episode was filmed?

Torri Higginson (Dr. Elizabeth Weir)
                      As I understand it, you were disappointed in being reduced to a recurring role on Atlantis, but seemed to like the new direction. I am under the impression that it was simply the script for "Ghost in the Machine" that you disliked. Had the show continued and a better script came along, would you have wanted to return to the show?

Paul McGillion (Dr. Carson Beckett)
                      It must have been horrible to have your character killed off, but this happens in television sometimes. What did you think about coming back as a clone? Did you have any questions for the writers as to how your character was cloned?

Robert Picardo (Richard Woolsey)
                      In the series finale, Atlantis returned to Earth. Assuming the city remained, would you imagine that your character would stay in command?

David Nykl (Dr. Radek Zelenka)

Comment

This is for David Nykl:

Question #1: From what I understand you speak pretty fair French. At what age did you learn to speak French?

Growing up bilingual - (Czech and English) as a child was it confusing to talk two different languages (did English words get transposed as Czech and vice a versa - as I have met a lot of adults that learned another language as adults that do transpose words) or did you (does the child's brain) just instinctively keep them separate?

Queston #2: There is another David Nykl who lives in British Columbia who has also made a bit of a name for himself though in sports. Have you two ever met? Do people get you two confused especially with all the social media out there.

Question #3: The first episode we saw Zelenka was in 38 minutes. Zelenka's hair was perfectly in place. Virtually every episode after that, Zelenka's hair was a bit..well a bit of a crazy mess... Whose idea was it to go with the unkempt hair style, yours or someone else's? By the way..it was a great character choice!
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 22 July 2012, 10:11 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is a question for Jewel Staite:

After experiencing first hand how passionate Sci-fi fans can be from your experiences with FireFly...were you prepared for how strong the backlash from the fandom was with Keller taking over as Chief Medical officer after Carson's untimely demise? How did you emotionally prep yourself for the situation?

Feel free to elaborate if you want.

And btw I think you handle the situation with a lot of grace and dignity.
                          sigpic

Comment

This question is for Kavan Smith:

What is the longest that they made you hold the Eureka Deputy Andy smile? Did they ever try to torture to see how long you could keep the smile up?
                            sigpic

Comment

This post will be edited as more questions are asked.

David Hewlett: I'm bring forth a matter relating to the Stargate fandom at large. There has never been a proper Stargate game and few have come close but barely any have ever matched the potential a Stargate game can bring. So I'm asking you, for all of the Stargate fans out there; have you heard of StarCry, will you be willing to play it and if you like it, will you be willing to spread it around the Internets? It'd be a shame if a detailed Stargate game like this went unnoticed, the people who made it deserve to have recognition for their hard work.

Martin Wood: People have noticed a gradual change in Stargate around the time of it's 6th season; with the shows becoming more comedy based rather then the serious tone of previous episodes. I have to ask, was this change eventual; was it destined to go the lighter route as the fall of the Gou'ald became evident? Additionally, was there something more you could of done with Atlantis? (Many people do complain about missed oppertunities when it came to the Ancients), did you have any regrets about the Ori plot and was SGU a necessitated series when it came to the franchise as a whole?

Christopher Judge: Your role of Teal'c is one of the best alien roles sci-fi has ever provided; but despite that you haven't seemed to get much work outside of video game roles, some cameo appearances and "House Party 2" and "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air". I'm asking, how much did you get invested in the Teal'c role and did you try to use that to further your acting career? On an unrelated note, you with your family proved to be the sweetest moments of the show; how would you think it would work out if there were more scenes with you and your on-air family?

Neil Denis: Alot of your role has been defined by your closeness to Teal'c ("Christopher Judge") and it's certainly provided alot of memorable scenes throughout the series run but I have to ask out of curiosity; did you feel like your role could of worked without the closeness to Teal'c?

Torri Higginson: Your role as Dr. Weir made Atlantis something but as soon as you left it became a different show... I have to ask; watching casually, did you ever come to notice a difference when you left the show? And did you personally feel like your character was an essential part of the show?

Amanda Tapping: Your roles as Amanda Tapping on Stargate, Helen Magnus on Scantuary and Valentina and Space Milkshake are both legendary and well known; you are an inescapable presence in the genre sci-fi. I have to ask you; do you have any advice for anybody willing to break into any aspect of the businesses, writing, producing, directing, acting. These types of businesses seem like the most difficult ones to enter due to you having to be in the right place and the right time and only the most lucky ones get to rise to prominence, so any hints for aspiring people like me?

Garry Chalk: While it's known that the Russians and the US are bitter rivals, we barely get to see any of that in the show itself. I have to ask you, during the times that you were on the air, did you draw from any Russians of the past for your performance, did you think your performance would be convincing if you did it in front of a Russian and did you want to do more with your character then what the producers had for you.

Tom McBeath: Your spirodic appearances as Mayborne was one of the enjoyable aspects of SG-1; just wondering what you've been through every time we see you. I have to ask, were there aspects of your character you came up on the spot, was your character always intended to be a king, did your character ultimately play a part in the NID plot the writers of the show set up and lastly, how many members do you have in your fan club and can I be a part of it?
                              Last edited by ZRFTS; 16 March 2012, 12:38 AM.
                              Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                Question for Torri Higginson:

Hi Torri....there was so much fun energy between you and "Duckie' aka David McCallum on NCIS - has there been any talk (opportunities) about you making any more appearances on NCIS? I love that show and would love to see more of you in it!
                                yay i was not the only one who noticed it
                                sigpic
                                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                                X