Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it would be cool if a bunch of fans got together and made a new series, probably as a youtube series. of course this would probably break some owning rights. sure it would be low budget and not great on special effects. but it would be a fun thing to do, and while the show would be a mini series, there could always be more episodes.

or somehow get some of the actors to do it (but odds are no one has the money for that).
    sigpic

Comment

If it's not the producers, writers, and actors from the real shows... what's the point? I'm not interested in seeing some fan pretend to be Sheppard.

Comment

Could we please have the title of this thread changed? Everytime I see it I get excited and then the disappointment sets in...
        sigpic

Comment

Agree Gen Chris I was so excited when I saw this thread I almost choked on my banana......

I think I heard an interview with Joe Flanigan last November where he didn't rule out a resurrection of SGA in some form but I'm pretty sure he said that nothing was definite yet.

Comment

This is posted on the Stargate SG-1 Facebook page that i liked
            Wow what a day! Tonight the Stargate Convention in Vancouver, is buzzing with excitement about an earlier announcement made by independent producer, Darren Thomas. Fans were treated to previously unreleased news about MGM's collaboration on a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. The scoop from Thomas is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego". But in the meantime stay tuned for more information right here on the SG-1 official MGM page.

Comment

I just read that too - very intriguing! Comic-Con is in July, so we will have to speculate until then. Clearly it's quite unlikely to be a TV show or even direct-to-DVD movies.
              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I wonder if it's more audio books...
                They are releasing the first part of the Vala/Daniel/Baal audio book next month.
                http://www.bigfinish.com/Stargate-SG...ies-3-Part-One
                sigpic

Comment

I doubt it, the audiobooks aren't new and this seems to be intended as a "big" announcement.

Comment

well, whatever it is, I hope it really 'IS BIG', as opposed to 'marketing speak big'.
                    sigpic

Comment

I share your hope!

Comment

Very exciting news. A lot of people are saying comics which makes sense to me in terms of how popular they are at the moment.

Jumping on the bandwagon??
                        Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Yes Stargate will be back. This was not a small series like Firefly or Jeremiah or something like that. It had a 10 year run as SG-1, 4 years as Atlantis and two years as SGU, an aminated series, plus a couple DVD movies and a major Hollywood film.

You can bet your bottom dollar more will come in the future. Hollywood loves to milk a proven franchise. Hence all the remakes and reboots of films. There is too much of a following for them to let it sit for more than a year or two. They just need to find a fomula that is finacially fesible for them. Hopefully one that does not involve Syfy.
                          Saw Stargate three times in the theater when it first came out. Watched SG-1 when it first came on TV. Been a fan since the beginning. Still a fan now.

Comment

Originally posted by roxics View Post
                            Yes Stargate will be back. This was not a small series like Firefly or Jeremiah or something like that. It had a 10 year run as SG-1, 4 years as Atlantis and two years as SGU, an aminated series, plus a couple DVD movies and a major Hollywood film.

You can bet your bottom dollar more will come in the future. Hollywood loves to milk a proven franchise. Hence all the remakes and reboots of films. There is too much of a following for them to let it sit for more than a year or two. They just need to find a fomula that is finacially fesible for them. Hopefully one that does not involve Syfy.
                            5 years

Interesting news so far. Something we can look forward to

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                            Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic
                            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Great, and now that I know there is an announcement that is all I am going to be able to think about.
                              sigpic

Comment

i'm going to wait until i hear 'what' this news is before getting excited. too many disappointments not to wait...
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X