This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Source? Last I heard, he was interviewed about the potential TV movie, and he expressed that no one had contacted him about it. He didn't even know there was a script. He went on to doubt that there was ever a plan to do a movie, simply to replace SGA with SGU.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6cg...eature=related

it was this year... he says we will get more - just no one knows what

and yeah... the supposed announcement at comic-con...

why can't I win the bloody jackpot? I'd sponsor SGA wrap-up
    sigpic

Comment

If it's not the producers, writers, and actors from the real shows... what's the point? I'm not interested in seeing some fan pretend to be Sheppard.
      i meant like a completely new show, new characters, new plot. really the only thing it would have is the gate and some references. but i was just thinking that would be awesome.

of course now after the news, maybe there will be more with the actors .
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't watch SGU, because it was too much of a departure. Why would I bother with an even greater departure?

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's blog tonight:
          Mailbag:

Tim Bullock writes: “Joe. did you here about the StarGate reboot to be announced at Com-con this Summer in some from?”

Answer: I’m aware of the project, but “reboot” is the wrong term. It implies a new film or television series which isn’t the case here.
          sigpic

Comment

Interesting. Books, comics... a game? Or, maybe it's just being sold to another studio.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              Interesting. Books, comics... a game? Or, maybe it's just being sold to another studio.
              hopefully something we all can enjoy... a new show or movie would be too soon anyway...
              sigpic

Comment

A phone app. Well that tells me that MGM is thinking of Stargate. I mean it had a 10 year run and 3 movies. Ten years is a huge accomplishment in today's TV environment. To them SGA wasn't so bad. It got off to a bad start though. SGU was a failure; all dark and moody. But SG1, now that was a winner, except for the anti-Catholic Ori theme. Turn a TV series into someones personal “message” and you'll get failure. I think they don't care about the old fans, they want new ones. What MGM would want is to milk off the original, Hey if SG1 was a success then why not a whole new series based on the old.

Probably some of the original cast, to include even the engineer guy would be brought back and used in the first 2 to 3 episodes.

These are some of my ramblings. I sure hope the writes keep up with tech advancements like Graphene (so thin it's considered a 2D object yet 200 times stronger than the latest steel).
                Last edited by Mike3121; 30 April 2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but I will believe it when it hits the stores. MGM have had a long history of getting SG projects started and then pulling the plug half way through the development.
                  sigpic

Comment

I see games and comics in the next 5 - 7 years. I think it will be 10 years or more before we start seeing Stargate on the TV but more likely in films. I hope it can be sooner but I think that as of right now it won't be a while. Now networks are into keep costs low and get a large audience. Films are the best bet with entire spin offs or new story lines. By then all the main actors will be too old or on a different career path. Just my two cents. Stargate is a franchise like Star Trek so I do see it reused since Hollywood loves to reuse stuff.
                    sigpic

Favorite quote:
                    McKay: You shot me!
                    Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                    Ronon: You shot me, too.
                    Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

I didn't watch SGU, because it was too much of a departure. Why would I bother with an even greater departure?
                      IMO you did yourself a disservice not watching universe..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I also didn't like it at first but IMHO if one sticks with it. It ends up being a pretty good show it just took awhile to find its ground and build something.
                        sigpic

Favorite quote:
                        McKay: You shot me!
                        Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                        Ronon: You shot me, too.
                        Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by baal07 View Post
                          Stargate will come back!
                          What are you talking about? Stargate never left! I'm about to watch some Stargate SG-1 right now!
                          Are you in the Kansas City area? Do you know any SG fans in the area?
                          Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
                          What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?
                          An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?
                          When have you met SG cast or crew (excluding conventions)?
                          Stargate Enthusiasts in the Kansas City Area | Being Introduced to Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Have to agree with Snowman36, everytime I try to rewatch an SGU episode I can't help but think that it was Universe that killed the series.
                            Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Comment

I definitely see Stargate returning to either the big or small screen at some point in the future. I just hope the new incarnation of the franchise honors what has come before it in some way.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I too personally believe that we're going to get some Stargate back at some point here. the question is when. MGM has been extremely active on the facebook stargate pages lately and the new app seems to be hinting towards something while at the same time trying to gauge/build up interest in SG again. Also, the fact that we SG fans have made enough noise to cause Syfy to ban some insane number of us and mention SGU in their posts makes me think that someone has noticed us at least.

/blah blah fanboi in denial blah blah

also, to the guy above that wont watch SGU--i agree with Gahrkal that you really dont know what you're missing. Season 2 especially was some of the best television that I've ever seen. Period. =D

Comment

Working...
                                X