This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Physics of the Ascended Plane and Other Higher Planes of Existence

Are the higher planes of existence, such as the ascended plane, forms of space-time that have more than three dimensions of space and/or more than one dimension of time? How many dimensions of space and time does the ascended plane have? How do these higher planes differ from, or relate to, hyperspace, subspace, the dimension separating parallel universes, the dimension used by cloaking devices, and the out-of-phase dimension used by Arthur's Mantle?

I think only an ancient could answer that honestly. But I don’t think it’s a form of space-time because its more about inner peace and knowledge then about actual physics. I really don’t think the writers put that much thought the physics of ascended beings. I liked it much more when the team only had to deal with goa’ulds.

Comment

Orlin described it as not governed by the rules of science which Carter holds dear, and Arthur's Mantle suggests they're in our dimension.

Apart from that I don't think it's ever discussed in the series.

Comment

i've always thought that they are on a different plane of existence, and have the ability to interact with us. there are somethings that I've been confused about like if they need to use the stargate. obviously Daniel gets to the sgc without it in full circle. but oma uses it in maternity leave.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X