Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty off topic- The thin DVD boxes used for the most recent release of SG1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty off topic- The thin DVD boxes used for the most recent release of SG1?

I ended up buying the entire series of SG-1 all at once, but not in the horrible "series set" box. (Had that but it was a badly made set, with badly made discs.) I got the "white" sets. The ones that had white inserts in thin DVD boxes (that nonetheless held five discs each).

Also worthy of note is the fact that for some heretical reason they used some other font to spell out "Stargate SG-1", rather than using the official logo.

(Someone must pay for this, but we can worry about that later. )

Anyway, I really LIKE those thin DVD cases, especially with them being able to hold as many as six discs, along with having "literature clips".

Does anyone know a good source to go to if you want to order those boxes retail?

I've found wider ones that'll hold six discs, but no literature clips. I've also found boxes with the clips, but they won't hold as many discs.

If you're a home-recorder person like me and you know of source for such boxes, please advise!

Thanks, guys.

PS
    I'm in the States.

http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case-multi.shtml
    Originally posted by Niddle View Post
    I ended up buying the entire series of SG-1 all at once, but not in the horrible "series set" box. (Had that but it was a badly made set, with badly made discs.) I got the "white" sets. The ones that had white inserts in thin DVD boxes (that nonetheless held five discs each).

Also worthy of note is the fact that for some heretical reason they used some other font to spell out "Stargate SG-1", rather than using the official logo.

Anyway, I really LIKE those thin DVD cases, especially with them being able to hold as many as six discs, along with having "literature clips".

Does anyone know a good source to go to if you want to order those boxes retail?

I've found wider ones that'll hold six discs, but no literature clips. I've also found boxes with the clips, but they won't hold as many discs.

If you're a home-recorder person like me and you know of source for such boxes, please advise!

Thanks, guys.

PS
    I'm in the States.
    You may want to check this page here and see if they've got what you're looking for!

http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case-multi.shtml

Comment

Alas, the only case on that website that had the literature clips only held three discs.

Thanks, anyway.

Comment

I really wish I could just get the new cases and the inserts without having to re-buy all the seasons...The new cases are sturdier, and take up a noticeable amount of less space.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
          Cool, I think I may buy up a bunch; condense down all the shelf space that my SG-1 and Doctor Who boxes are taking up....
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Cool, I think I may buy up a bunch; condense down all the shelf space that my SG-1 and Doctor Who boxes are taking up....
            Not to mention the Doctor Who boxes are not very well made, in my opinion...

It's a shame cause I really love the cover art.
            sigpic

Comment

Not really post-revival Who I was thinking of, more the show's first run. Dozens and dozens of DVD cases of which many only hold a single disc when they could be holding several....
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Not really post-revival Who I was thinking of, more the show's first run. Dozens and dozens of DVD cases of which many only hold a single disc when they could be holding several....
                Ah...Yeah my girlfriend has the entire Key to Time set and it is ridiculous...Why couldn't they have just put all six discs in one case...

I wish I was good with creating artsy stuff on the computer cause I would totally combine or move some sets...Like Battlestar Galactica's sets...I would totally combine the second and fourth into one box for each with my own cover art, as well as create some new ones for seasons 1 and 3...BSG is ridiculous.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Niddle View Post

Thanks, guys.

PS
                  I'm in the States.
                  I just stumbled onto your post - if you're still looking for those DVD cases after all this time, I get mine at Amazon...

Comment

Working...
                  X