This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save SGU supporters from Facebook

First let me say, I hope posting this link to the Save SGU on facebook is not against forum policy.

It has always bothered me that MGM has never responded or released a statement to fans? Case in point in the link below, someone took the time to come up with brilliant solutions that would save the show and make money for MGM. MGM must have already considered these types of ideas, yet they remain ever silent. I hate that SYFY cancelled the show, but I've been furious at MGM for treating the fans who have supported the franchise for over a decade like we don't exist.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/starga...18789248152532

I'd pay. I own all Stargate DVDs. I would buy these episode by episode, and then the DVD when they were released.
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

This idea was posted on this site once before, and was quickly found flawed.

Comment

Reading the title I could only think 'why? what is facebook doing to SGU supporters?'
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat3ny View Post
          First let me say, I hope posting this link to the Save SGU on facebook is not against forum policy.

It has always bothered me that MGM has never responded or released a statement to fans? Case in point in the link below, someone took the time to come up with brilliant solutions that would save the show and make money for MGM. MGM must have already considered these types of ideas, yet they remain ever silent. I hate that SYFY cancelled the show, but I've been furious at MGM for treating the fans who have supported the franchise for over a decade like we don't exist.

MGM is like big business, you know big business right, and the greatest among them the investment bankers who paid politicians via lobbyist billions of dollars of investors and suckers money (and even more now to prevent new laws that limits their power, or at best, put the one's responsible in jail), which allowed them to destroy half of the world's value, which allowed them to get away with well over 95 billion dollars in salaries and bonuses.

The only difference between MGM and them, is that MGM deals with movies. These bastards don't give a crap about their fans, and all you are to them is some guy who would watch an ad, pay a dvd, or pay per view something they're offering. Other than that, SGwhatever will remain in their vault, and they'll keep chasing down fans who uses their images and stuff, so that five years from now, when nothing else is happening they'll release the most coveted call girl, SGwhatever, to see, if people are still willing to pay her for a moment of her time.

Comment

*facepalm* What is so difficult to get: SGU failed in the overall audience, it was cancelled because of the numbers. There will NEVER be a season 3 - not an official season 3. Take it as it is. Move on and try something else.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat3ny View Post

If you are waiting for a reply from MGM, you might be into your next life ... or the next or the next ... before that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                *facepalm* What is so difficult to get: SGU failed in the overall audience, it was cancelled because of the numbers.
                Every Syfy show would fail on a Tuesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                  Every Syfy show would fail on a Tuesday night.
                  I'm going to call garbage on that statement and point to Warehouse 13
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

First...folks, the show is done and over. It's never coming back. I would encourage people to accept that and suggest that they could be better served to enjoy what they got of it rather than spending their time fighting for the unwinnable.

That said....they wanna fight, it's their business to fight. If you don't agree with them, fine. Just let them be. If you feel they're wasting their time, it's their time to waste. Leave them be and let them do their thing.

The link can stand but this thread is closed. And the only reason it's closed is because y'all are not going to spend you time taking digs at each other, and we're not going to spend our time continuing to stop you.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X