Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find season 10 in the old packaging style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find season 10 in the old packaging style?

I have seasons 1-8 in the old packaging style and want to complete my collection. I would prefer NOT to have to repurchase those seasons in the new style but instead locate and purchase seasons 9 and 10 in the old packaging style. I have found season 9, but I cannot find season 10 anywhere. Did they release season 10 in the old style and where can I buy if from?

I'm assuming you mean the style that was released in 2006, yes? Because there's an old style (box set with 3 thin cases) and then there's the REALLY old style with a box set with 5 movie-sized cases.

If you're talking about the former, yes, they are out there.

In fact, I own them. I bought them on Amazon from other sellers.

I would go on there and look for "like new" condition. I would also email them and ask which style they are in, just in case.
    sigpic

Comment

I was talking about the REALLY old style with the five cases per season...I just hate having mixes sets.

Comment

Try Amazon or possibly EBay.

Comment

As far as I know, season 8 was the last to use the really old box set.

However, the 9th and 10th seasons use the same art style just on a smaller scale.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ericmiller925 View Post
            I was talking about the REALLY old style with the five cases per season...I just hate having mixes sets.
            Sorry but Gen.Chris is correct. Seasons 9 and 10 were never released in the "fat" packs. After getting seasons 1-8 in fat packs I had to buy the last 2 in thinner packs. And now they make them even more compact. Almost made me wish I had waited but alas that would be mean I wouldn't have rewatched the episodes over and over again.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I've had the same issue. I brought Seasons 1-9 in the old style packaging but not season 10. I have seen a couple sold on Ebay but the price has been too extreme. I did come across one once, but it was on a website that sold only to the UK. I emailed them to ask it they would consider shipping to Australia, I was even willing to pay the extra $ for shipping but they wouldn't do it. I can't remember the name of the site but it was similar to Ebay/Amazon. So if you live in UK it may be an option for you, otherwise Amazon is probably your best bet. I'd try the "like new" option and email the seller as Gen. Chris mentions above.

Comment

I didn't mind Seasons 9&10 being in new packaging given how radically different the final seasons were. Why would you have to re-buy older seasons? Why does it matter if the packaging does not match up? I can understand trying to buy them all in the same packaging so they match. However, I would never buy a season I already own unless it came with additional extras, better video quality, or it was to replace a damaged or lost set.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  I didn't mind Seasons 9&10 being in new packaging given how radically different the final seasons were. Why would you have to re-buy older seasons? Why does it matter if the packaging does not match up? I can understand trying to buy them all in the same packaging so they match. However, I would never buy a season I already own unless it came with additional extras, better video quality, or it was to replace a damaged or lost set.
                  I personally want the newer sets because those cases are more damage-resistant than the older, 3 thin case box sets. I wish I could just order the cases and the cover art and just replace them

Of course, on the newer ones you don't have the episode synopses on the case, so its sort of a trade off.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello!

I have to just say that I really hated that they went to thin packs on the last two seasons. I had season 1 through 8 in the fat boxes and I rather liked that style. It just plain bugged me. I know that thin packs are better for storage but I really wish that they had a production run of the fat box style.

However I will say that the complete collection in the box that looks like a Stargate does in fact look neat. I still need the last two seasons and the movies.

Comment

Working...
                    X