Allies on Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allies on Atlantis

why did the Tok'ra and Asgard not request a person (liaison if you will) on Atlantis, the biggest discovery (before Destiny) that the Tau'ri have made. they have to have wanted someone on the Base
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

What would be the point? In the real world, You don't have foreign ambassadors to the uk located in places like Gibraltar or the falkland islands, which in essence in a British outpost. If anything, Alien representatives would be at SGC or the alpha site. We didn't have earth humans as liaisons on the Asgard home world, so why have them on our world.
    Saying that, the USS Daedalus started off with an Asgard engineer, and was located in Pegasus.

Comment

The Tok'ra are a race dwindled severely in number while suffering at the hands of the law of negative returns, and we're created to oppose the Goa'uld. Why would they suddenly decide to venture to Pegasus? The Asgard assigned Hermiod to the Daedalus, but as a dying race were preparing for mass suicide. The Asgard I can see the logic of granting a position on Atlantis, but the Tok'ra not at all.

Comment

Were the Tok'ra still >active< allies when Atlantis became an outpost? I thought after all the trouble especially with the Jaffa Tok'ra and SGC came to a new conclusion: still allies against the Goa'uld but on separate ways to go.

About the Asgard ... as it was mentioned above, they had already stationed Hermoid on the Daedalus. There was no need to put another one on Lantea.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

i got the impression that while the tok'ra and the tauri are still allies, they aren't as close as they were before because of the death of jacob/samack. and with a limited number left, i think the tok'ra are focusing on getting the rest of the goa'uld.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
            Were the Tok'ra still >active< allies when Atlantis became an outpost? I thought after all the trouble especially with the Jaffa Tok'ra and SGC came to a new conclusion: still allies against the Goa'uld but on separate ways to go.

They were still allies during and after Season 8. The SGC consulted with them on occasion and the Tok'ra were the ones who came to remove the Ba'al symbiote from Adria in Season 10.

They just had a diminished role, as others have stated, because of dwindling numbers.

And, of course, they had built their own city sometime during those few years prior to "Continuum". If we didn't have an alliance with them, it seems unlikely they would have invited SG1 to the extraction ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              They were still allies during and after Season 8. The SGC consulted with them on occasion and the Tok'ra were the ones who came to remove the Ba'al symbiote from Adria in Season 10.

They just had a diminished role, as others have stated, because of dwindling numbers.

And, of course, they had built their own city sometime during those few years prior to "Continuum". If we didn't have an alliance with them, it seems unlikely they would have invited SG1 to the extraction ceremony.
              That's true but I don't think they were so close anymore. As I've said: still allies in case "Goa'uld" but not really friends anymore.
              About Continuum ... we don't know what could have happen between AoT and Continuum. Maybe something that put them back together. Besides ... I don't think they were so close. I think the execution of Ba'al was more an public act and SG1 invited as member of the earth because Ba'al's time even on earth and the possible harm he'd done here.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                That's true but I don't think they were so close anymore. As I've said: still allies in case "Goa'uld" but not really friends anymore.
                I didn't say they were "close" allies. I said they were "allies". And the Tok'ra and Tauri were never really friends; they pretty much just tolerated each other for the sake of the alliance.

And SG1 was invited (IMO) because of their personal history with Ba'al - "Abyss" and other episodes specifically. They had more personal interaction with him than almost anyone else did, and that's why the Tok'ra invited them specifically. If it had been anything else, the Tok'ra would not have specifically invited SG1 to attend.

Comment

I started a post similar to this. I always wondered why the asgard didn't come there. Given that they said they had experimented on the ancient repository of knowledge but had "only scratched the surface" then why wouldn't they do to Atlantis. Could have been incredibly mutually beneficial. The advance knowledge that the Ancients may have had on the cloning process and stopping the process that was killing the Asgard. They may have been able to refine the technology for the replicators to make themselves some artificial bodies to live in perhaps (not saying this would be the best idea given the Asgards track record with replicators) but still.

In return, the Asgard could have given some of their power units in order to power Atlantis indefinitely. So one power core may not be that of one ZPM, but surely if they could link up lots of them it could surpass the output no? I am not saying it as factly but simply that it would have been better than the occasional half drained ZPM that Earth had to use along with their own generators.

and I am 100% sure it would have happened, but alas, it would not have made for good stories.

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                    I started a post similar to this. I always wondered why the asgard didn't come there. Given that they said they had experimented on the ancient repository of knowledge but had "only scratched the surface" then why wouldn't they do to Atlantis. Could have been incredibly mutually beneficial. The advance knowledge that the Ancients may have had on the cloning process and stopping the process that was killing the Asgard. They may have been able to refine the technology for the replicators to make themselves some artificial bodies to live in perhaps (not saying this would be the best idea given the Asgards track record with replicators) but still.

In return, the Asgard could have given some of their power units in order to power Atlantis indefinitely. So one power core may not be that of one ZPM, but surely if they could link up lots of them it could surpass the output no? I am not saying it as factly but simply that it would have been better than the occasional half drained ZPM that Earth had to use along with their own generators.

and I am 100% sure it would have happened, but alas, it would not have made for good stories.
                    The real reason is that the Asgard are a "Special Effect" and to have one be a regular part of the show would have been expensive.
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                      The real reason is that the Asgard are a "Special Effect" and to have one be a regular part of the show would have been expensive.
                      Precisely.

Besides, I think they wanted to differentiate the shows a bit. (Although that desire got less and less as the years progressed.)

Comment

Actually, it was likely more that the Tok'ra and Asgard were too busy working on other issues (goa'uld, replicators, etc.) than trying to assist one little research outpost on Atlantis. After all, the Asgard were frequently too busy to help earth when we needed them, so I don't see it as much of a stretch that they also wouldn't have time to help Atlantis.

Although I would have thought the Tok'ra would be interested in having one of their own people on Atlantis as an observer.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Actually, it was likely more that the Tok'ra and Asgard were too busy working on other issues (goa'uld, replicators, etc.) than trying to assist one little research outpost on Atlantis. After all, the Asgard were frequently too busy to help earth when we needed them, so I don't see it as much of a stretch that they also wouldn't have time to help Atlantis.

Although I would have thought the Tok'ra would be interested in having one of their own people on Atlantis as an observer.
                          I think that the Tok'ra would have had no place being there. The Asgard though.You think they would have been too busy to send a few generators along with a scientific research team to help find what could possibly solve their problems with the replicators and their genetic troubles? They would have jumped at the chance (do Asgard jump or would they simply tilt their head slightly in approval???). Using the repository of knowledge they had was a cumbersome way to do any research, using the interface on Atlantis could have made things progress for the Asgard so quickly.

They didn't come and help earth with earth's problems because it was only ever beneficial for us if they turned up. I think they would still be pretty interested in coming to help with Atlantis, the little research outpost, or you know, the most advanced piece of technology the universe (to the knowledge of those involved) has ever known, and the final source of knowledge for the most advanced race the universe has ever known.

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                            They didn't come and help earth with earth's problems because it was only ever beneficial for us if they turned up. I think they would still be pretty interested in coming to help with Atlantis, the little research outpost, or you know, the most advanced piece of technology the universe (to the knowledge of those involved) has ever known, and the final source of knowledge for the most advanced race the universe has ever known.
                            I completely agree,
                            The Asgard were a dying race and the information and knowledge in Atlantis could have saved their people. I always wondered if they had left a "copy" of their personalities in the core they placed on the Odyssey in the hope that the fifth race may one day resurrect them. Also, I never understood (since all my sin's be remembered and the FRAN replicator thing) why the Asgard's didn't take replicator bodies temporarily until they could find a remedy or build bodies from scratch that would solve their issues. It may have been a serious step back in their evolution, but it could have given them a chance to reproduce once more and restart their population. We've seen others make humanoid bodies from scratch...

Why their was never an Asgard contingent on Atlantis (wouldn't even need to be seen for more than a few episodes as they could have sent only biologists or sth) always surprised me but I guess the CGI was too expensive and it would have always left this question of "why didn't the Asgard help?".. But it can only be certain that an Asgard race with more manpower (aka tauri?) could have gotten Atlantis at a much better state than we did for the first... 4 years? Asgard shields, weapons and power generators could have complemented the Lantian's while they were out of power and their intergalactic ships were at least as advanced as the Apollo during season 4 and could have held their own facing the wraith.

As for the Tok-ra, they would not have helped the story line, merely complicating it for those who didn't watch SG1. So yeah.. no!

Comment

Working...
                            X